Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Why not just make the damn spell activate like a Death & Decay? You cast it in an area and it heals whoever is ontop of it for a certain amount and lasts a certain amount of time until it runs out, something like:

    Lightwell

    Places a Well of Light in an area causing friendly targets on the Well to be healed for x amount every 1 second for 12 seconds. When Well of Lights duration ends, it explodes causing nearby targets to be healed for x% amount of total healing done. 3 Minute Cooldown.

    Or something, maybe have it do Holy Damage as well to add to overall dps of a raid, if used on melee targets it could be pretty powerful if underneath a boss, depending on how well it scales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

  2. #22
    Field Marshal Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    82

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I honestly can't believe that you registered to post that.
    Well, Blizzard wants YOU to trigger the heal, but it's troublesome to move to the Lightwell spot so, it's the same thing without you needing to move. But if it's stupid then sorry
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn." - Thrall

  3. #23

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    Why not just make the damn spell activate like a Death & Decay? You cast it in an area and it heals whoever is ontop of it for a certain amount and lasts a certain amount of time until it runs out, something like:

    Lightwell

    Places a Well of Light in an area causing friendly targets on the Well to be healed for x amount every 1 second for 12 seconds. When Well of Lights duration ends, it explodes causing nearby targets to be healed for x% amount of total healing done. 3 Minute Cooldown.

    Or something, maybe have it do Holy Damage as well to add to overall dps of a raid, if used on melee targets it could be pretty powerful if underneath a boss, depending on how well it scales.
    Targeted tranquility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

  4. #24

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior
    Well, Blizzard wants YOU to trigger the heal, but it's troublesome to move to the Lightwell spot so, it's the same thing without you needing to move. But if it's stupid then sorry
    Sorry, it was a bit overly harsh of me, but your idea is basically just making Lightwell the way it is now, but with buffs instead of clicking on the Lightwell. Also, either the buffs would be on everyone in the raid, removing the point of positioning it, or just on players around it, in which they would need to make the buffs remove a stack from everyone whenever anyone clicks it for a heal.

    It seems pretty much the same as a warlocks Soulwell, except the heal is a buff instead of an item :S
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  5. #25
    The Patient Lellybaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    228

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    I'm just hoping that they change it to be like the lightwell in ToC 5man. Those things are quite OP when left alone.

  6. #26
    Epic! ScorchHellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb, Stormwind City
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    I like the idea of lightwell being controlled by the priest but I think the second ability should be a direct heal that automatically targets like the 3 lowest health raid members within 20 yards or so and have a short cooldown and a certain amount of charges... Although yeah that would probably just end up being saved for melee again but at least it would be nice for tank healing in a pinch...

  7. #27

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Make Lightwell like the one we see in the 5man Dungeon ToC. It would actually be used then. A random heal that hits a target and heals them, seems simple enough and would definately be worth speccing for.

  8. #28

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Blizz doesn't like that idea, because it's too automated and too similar to Healing Stream.

    What I'd really like to see is having Lightwell made into a pet. It wouldn't be mobile, but it would have an 'auto-attack' that heals a target of your choice. It would have three other abilities: A ground target AOE heal with something like a 10 second cooldown, a channel on the Priest that increase healing and haste by 15% and a strong, but high cost heal. It would also prevent you from using Shadowfiend for the duration and could not be summoned within 1 minute of your Shadowfiend. It would basically make Holy Priests unique in being a healing pet class, while also allowing you to shift gears by using the pet to AOE/buff/single target heal.

  9. #29

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    Cool pvp application if the Lightwell's position determines range/position of healing.

    You
    oooooooooooo
    oooThis isoooooo
    ooooa Pillarooooooo
    ooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooo
    Lightwell The person you want to heal.

    (Point being you're outta LoS of the person.)
    Pillar humping is for fairy princesses.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

  10. #30

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    I'd be more of a fan where after 10 stacks you can place a "holy voidzone" that heals targets in it (with a max) for a specific amount.

    just drop it on the melee or the tanks or some ranged.

  11. #31
    Field Marshal Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    82

    Re: Lightwell Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Sorry, it was a bit overly harsh of me, but your idea is basically just making Lightwell the way it is now, but with buffs instead of clicking on the Lightwell. Also, either the buffs would be on everyone in the raid, removing the point of positioning it, or just on players around it, in which they would need to make the buffs remove a stack from everyone whenever anyone clicks it for a heal.

    It seems pretty much the same as a warlocks Soulwell, except the heal is a buff instead of an item :S
    No hard feelings ; )
    Yeah i just wanted to try a solution for the "I must run to click it" problem. My idea was putting the buff on everyone but when someone uses a charge it's used up for everyone, like now. The overall idea of the poster is quite nice
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn." - Thrall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •