Best skinning location to earn money

The title says it all. Im looking for a nice place to skin mobs to earn som money

Deleted

Re: Best skinning location to earn money

2 ways to earn money with skinning.

one is to simply farm in the worg cave in storm peaks (just to the right of the horde base).

the other is farming the best-selling oldschool skin. check your AH for the right one.

oh, and never heard of profession forums?

Farming VH norm works too :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

Any pics from a map?

10+ Year Old Account

mmm, VH is in dalaran, Violet Hold :P
    and the worg cave in storm peaks is as said 'just to the right of the horde base'

The Basin, by one of the rep people, by the white monkey's, just run laps around where all the monkeys are and you'll be skinning all day, its pretty amazing. The basin in general is a leatherworkers paradise imo.

Yeti's in winterspring, rugged leather goes for 30g per stack on my realm and you can probably 1 shot them with a healer class at 80.

Nagrand/netherstorm, knothide sells for a lot on my server

the raptors north of gundrak have a chance to drop a pet which used to sell for 1500g+
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

The Basin for sure, not sure about your server, but the mammoth meat still sells for 60g a stack on my server. So, paths through those mammoth packs and then along the edge for the white monkey packs - even better if you have a miner/skinner. When I'm not lazy, easy, easy, easy money.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

To make money? Unlearn skinning. Learn mining.
    Serious comment: check what goes good on your servers AH, it really depends on the economy of your realm/faction.
    Then I recommend looking at wowhead.com in the comment section of that specific leather. Sometimes there are nice spots where to farm this.
    For northrend the running mammoths near sons of hodir/brunhildar are good too. For nerubian chitin you can either clear the area before azjol or go to zul'drak where the hovering plague thingies spill the orange plague on the ground. The small spiders are skinnable (leather scraps or chitin). The respawn is shitty though :/
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    To make money? Unlearn skinning. Learn mining.
    Serious comment: check what goes good on your servers AH, it really depends on the economy of your realm/faction.
    Then I recommend looking at wowhead.com in the comment section of that specific leather. Sometimes there are nice spots where to farm this.
    For northrend the running mammoths near sons of hodir/brunhildar are good too. For nerubian chitin you can either clear the area before azjol or go to zul'drak where the hovering plague thingies spill the orange plague on the ground. The small spiders are skinnable (leather scraps or chitin). The respawn is shitty though :/
    1 stack of skins takes less time to get than 1 stack of ore, and sells for 8g more per stack (on my server)
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Icecrown...

Before you start the quest with Tirion Fordring which leads to the part where you have to kill 100 Scourge etc etc....

If you havent done that yet, that place is covered with 'spider' scourge. Good place to skin and you're 'phased' unless you meet someone that hasnt done it either.

Plus, good Nerubian Chitin drops as well. Chitin's going for 8-9g a piece on my server on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhunter
    Icecrown...

Before you start the quest with Tirion Fordring which leads to the part where you have to kill 100 Scourge etc etc....

If you havent done that yet, that place is covered with 'spider' scourge. Good place to skin and you're 'phased' unless you meet someone that hasnt done it either.

Plus, good Nerubian Chitin drops as well. Chitin's going for 8-9g a piece on my server on average.
    That is absurd. They are like just over vendor price on illidan.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I have a few reccomendations.

The Raptors outside Gun Drak (I have tried this method and it has my approval stamp)

The Jormungar Cave - Has my approval stamp and I have tried this before.

The Scholzar Basin - Anywhere really u will be getting atleast 1 Borean Leather a kill. The gorillas are the best place to farm arctic fur though.

In my opinion a new skinning leather should be made to boost the profesion
    Insert Signiture here.

Mammoth packs in Storm peaks + rhino packs, requires flying around but i got a lot of leather + arctic fur and meat... accually my friend made much more gold from mammoth + rhino meat than from furs/leather that way.

It really depends on your server economy. The Jormunger cave in Storm Peaks by the Sons of Hodir is good imo because of the fairly fast respawn. Jormunger scales vendor for a gold each, so minimally 20G a stack, maybe more on AH. Main problem with this area is a lot of PvP if you are on a PvP server.

Scholazar Basin is also great. Go at peak times and just follow trails of dead bodies, endless skinning, no need to stop and fight. Or go the dragon area in NE Scholazar, Icy Dragonscale also vendors for a gold each.

On my main server Knothide can go for 60-80G a stack easy, so Nagrand is a great place. Clefthoof Leather still sells decently, but between Elekk, Clefthoof, and Talbuk getting stacks of Knothide is easy.

Rugged leather can also go for a lot on the AH, in which case Winterspring yeti or the dragonkin.

If Medium Leather has a decent selling price on your server, my personal favorite spot is SFK. Almost all the mobs are skinnable, plus you can get a few extra gold easily with greens and boss blues. A quick full run usually yields me four or five stacks of light/medium leather. Hop out, reset, and good to go all over again.

Find what leather sells the best on your server. I have had servers where light and medium were less than a gold a stack, others where they went for 10-20. One server Borean was less than 5G a stack, another it was 50. Depending on your server, follow demand and go where the people want you to go.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    It really depends on your server economy. The Jormunger cave in Storm Peaks by the Sons of Hodir is good imo because of the fairly fast respawn. Jormunger scales vendor for a gold each, so minimally 20G a stack, maybe more on AH. Main problem with this area is a lot of PvP if you are on a PvP server.

Scholazar Basin is also great. Go at peak times and just follow trails of dead bodies, endless skinning, no need to stop and fight. Or go the dragon area in NE Scholazar, Icy Dragonscale also vendors for a gold each.

On my main server Knothide can go for 60-80G a stack easy, so Nagrand is a great place. Clefthoof Leather still sells decently, but between Elekk, Clefthoof, and Talbuk getting stacks of Knothide is easy.

Rugged leather can also go for a lot on the AH, in which case Winterspring yeti or the dragonkin.

If Medium Leather has a decent selling price on your server, my personal favorite spot is SFK. Almost all the mobs are skinnable, plus you can get a few extra gold easily with greens and boss blues. A quick full run usually yields me four or five stacks of light/medium leather. Hop out, reset, and good to go all over again.

Find what leather sells the best on your server. I have had servers where light and medium were less than a gold a stack, others where they went for 10-20. One server Borean was less than 5G a stack, another it was 50. Depending on your server, follow demand and go where the people want you to go.
    All the GOOD places have been mentioned for the most part now... so just pick one and go.

Sholozar Basin for sure. Much leather, mammoth meat, icy dragonscale. You can skin a lot in a short amount of time.