Vile Spirit Problems

I am currently in a 10 man guild, and we are fervently working on Lich King (Normal). We have phases 1 and 2 (including transitions) down pat. However, things turn into a train wreck once we hit the vile spirits in phase 3. Here's our makeup:

Tanks:Pally/Druid (Druid has 60k, pally has 50k)
    Heals: Disc Priest, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid
    DPS: Fury Warrior (Me), Warlock (Can go destro, aff, and shadowfury spec), Mut Rogue, Mage (FFB or Arcane), and Unholy DK

What we have been doing is having the lock seeding one spirit, and the mage LBing it as well as single targeting it. However, by the time the spirits come down, they are all ~15% health left. From there, they blow up the raid. Keep in mind as well that at this time, the druid is tanking 1-2 Raging Spirits. From what I have seen from videos, most of the spirits are still alive, and people are just moving like hell to kite them. Note as well, that our druid, with Unidentifiable organ up, popping c/ds and such, has 100k+ health. Any suggestions? This is our final obstacle from getting a kill, everything else is flawless from here.

Re: Vile Spirit Problems

Just tank them? On our kill our warlock died on the first wave so we just completely ignored dps on the spirits from then on and just tanked them as they came down (10 man strict guild before you go 'lolool 25 man gear'). With some good healers, dps with sense to use cooldowns (death grip/AMS springs to mind) and some tank spam taunting you can easy tank them all.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

your lock should be affliction, mage should be ttw/fb, not FFB, dk is fine. what we find useful - we do it with one tank on arthas at all times(aka no switching on reaper) and 1 offtank. the tank holding arthas takes him close to the stairs(before the throne), the raid stays at max range from him. the point is - when the vile spirits spawn the offtank takes couple of hits, the rest are kited. remember they can be slowed down(chains, poisons, etc). we also had 2 dks(1 offtank) who used death grip on 2 adds to pull em down to melee can rape them.

usually with aff lock, ttw/fb mage and 2 dks spreading diseases we have a max of 2-3 adds(usually 2, but meh) at the end at very low life.

what happens with u is panic - you have a tank taking soul reaper, offtank taking raging spirits. no need to panic there mate, just move the boss, move away the raging spirits and position. remember - Vile spirits > raging spirits > boss. we also find it useful to blow bloodlust at the second to last add in the last transition phase - this way you can start bursting down the last 2 spirits and still have ~30sec bloodlust for the first wave of vile spirits.

Have offtank pop some CD and just run towards the spirits. Fury warrior can use shield wall and do the same thing, as can the unholy dk.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Single target the vile spirits. Your mage and lock should both be able to kill two before they hit the raid, you can then heal through the remaining alive.

Getting hit by 1 spirit wont kill anybody, even a mage. Kite and kill what you can when they come down, snaring if possible, then just soak what is left. You have a disc priest, so they can shield people about to get hit by 2 if they have no CD. You should be able to kill at least half of them with what you have, which will make the rest NP.

Just spread out. When they come down just spread out... did I mention... spread out?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Before really getting a decent try on P3, I always thought you were meant to kill every single vile spirit before they came down because, y'know, heavy damage and many spirits.

After actually testing it and realizing that 2 people won't really always get a chance to kill all the vile spirits, and maybe not all groups got a mage, shadow priest or a warlock, it became obvious that lack of DPS on vile spirits wasn't the problem, handling it was. This was just further pointed out when I, the warlock, got harvested into Frostmourne leaving just 1 DPS for it.

This is the time to pop defensive cooldowns like Divine Sacrifice, equipping a shield and doing shield wall etc, and stuff like that comes in handy. You taunt and kite, you try to slow what you can, you basically do anything to keep people up, damage being lowered and keeping damage from occuring too fast. Since this involves massive spreading anyway due to defiles, you should be able to learn how to handle the spirits really quickly. Once we understood that you weren't meant to kill all (second or third p3 attempt I think), it was a breeze from there and I don't think anyone actually died to the spirits unless they ran on top of each other, clumping and getting 2 shot by multiple explosions, which really is easy to avoid. Everyone can slow, shield, damage reduce or heal in one way or another, the key is just playing defensively. If you're fighting the enrage, you need to work on the other phases because you should have time a plenty in p3 to play defense on vile spirits.

Have your whole raid spread out evenly and let your disc priest shield everyone before the spirits descend. Most players will only be hit by a single spirit, those who are hit by 2 will need to receive immediate healing.

We had the same issue with spirits not dying and then just proceded to pretty much ignore them.

Your first tip to know that killing all of them is usually very difficult is that it is an achievement to kill all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Your first tip to know that killing all of them is usually very difficult is that it is an achievement to kill all of them.
    Just like "I've gone and made a mess" on Saurfang or "Make quick werk of him" from Patchwerk, was any difficult or different, yeah?

There's tons of raid achievements which you'll likely get by just doing the encounter. Take "The Orb Whisperer" from BPC as another example.

We just position LK on the left and when the spirits spawn we go to the right. The tank takes like 80% of the spirits most of the time. The rest just kites them.

In 25 man we kill them all except for 2 or 3.

Deleted

The thing we do in our guild is: As soon as P3 hits we move arthas to a edge, when he summons spirits have your MT and the healer run to the opposite side of where arthas summoned the spirits. Kite the spirits until they die...easy as pie. Works in both 10/25