New Tank looking for help.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aenor&cn=Alsar

Here are my unbuffed stats in bear form:
    35k Health
    30,656 Armor
    40.21% dodge

I currently have the basic talent build and have full enchants and gems

I was wondering what i should do in order to gear up more and if there are any problems with my current gear or gems/enchants. I was thinking that my current health seems low and if that might be a problem.

I have 28 frost emblems right now and i still need to do the weekly. What should the be the next thing i buy with my emblems, I've gotten the cloak so far and can't decide whether to get the belt, idol, or if I should start working on my tier 10 set. So far the only raids I've done are 10-man VoA and Marrowgar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: New Tank looking for help.

I like to use the boot enchant for the extra run speed and the 7 stamina probably won't make as much of a difference.
    All of the strength is from my tanking neck, rings, and cloak. Would it be better to have the an agility neck instead, and if so where should I get one from?

Another question, would it be worth it to get the 4-piece tier 9 set by replacing my gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokara
    I like to use the boot enchant for the extra run speed and the 7 stamina probably won't make as much of a difference.
    All of the strength is from my tanking neck, rings, and cloak. Would it be better to have the an agility neck instead, and if so where should I get one from?

Another question, would it be worth it to get the 4-piece tier 9 set by replacing my gloves?
    No, there is no agi tanking necklace/rings/cloak.

You do need to roll for those str tanking necklace/rings/cloak because of the stamina and dodge they give to you.

T9 4 piece bonus is good until T10 4 piece bonus. Having the Barkskin be on a shorter cooldown help save my life in ICC 25.

Now since I have gotten all 4 pieces of T10 and the off piece: Lasherweave Shoulderpads, Lasherweave Legguards, Lasherweave Headguard, Lasherweave Handgrips, and Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder. I can now use Enrage to help lower the damage I am taking in without a price.

T10 2 piece bonus is all about threat which is good for bears.

It is your choice for what enchantment you want for your boot, I pick stamina incase my paladin healer lag as hell, I miss my resto druid healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokara

Well, the easy part: If you have spare triumph badges, nothing wrong with switching out your current leggings to make a 4-set T9 until you can get 2-set T10, the barkskin cooldown reduction is very sexy. Since you aren't sporting 258 or 245 T9, the choice is easy to switch to T10 when you have the badges/luck to do so.

I'm not sure why anyone would tell you that you have too much STR since tanking rings/cloaks/neckpieces all have STR on them so all tanking classes benefit from the stats. It's threat for bears regardless with tanking stats to boot.

Concerning your boots: it is a personal preference, but I'd still keep what you have. There are quite a few tank fights that require us to move around extensively, and having that extra bit of run speed is never a bad thing. You won't miss the difference between +22 stam and the +15 stam component, but you will notice the speed decrease if you remove the enchant.

Beyond that... there's nothing really glaring about your gear. You're at the point where you've pretty much run out of options from the new ICC 5mans, your main restriction is badges and the ability to get into ToGC 10/25 and ICC raids. If you can get yourself into ToGC's, there's still a bunch of 245/258 gear that will complement the gear you already have, and it'll help boost your HP passively if that's your main concern (or if that's all the pug RL's look at... which is generally true). Man, even get into a VoA 25man as a tank or feral kitty, two of the bosses offer upgrades for you still. Craftables are another route for you, if you have the spare money. Again, this is the point where you've run out of 5man options and you just need to start raiding to see better gear.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted

get new tank ring, a very nice one from onyxia, 25man version is best ofc :P

get the tank trinket from ick and krick in PoS hc. also get the emblem of frost trinket, its really awesome

if possible get ilvl 245 head from triumph, ilvl 245 craftable chest and tier9 legs. maybe get the tank neck form LK in HoR hc

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie
    The two things that struck me as odd in your setup: A lot of strength, and your boot enchant.
    1) the str is from the neck & ring slots. Nothing wrong there.
    2) his boot enchant is perfectly fine.

get the tank trinket from ick and krick in PoS hc. also get the emblem of frost trinket, its really awesome Smiley
    No please dont get icks trinket. It's a piece of crap. The 245 triumph trinket from the vendors > icks trinket, which this guy is already using.