Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Festergut Issues (Tank)

im always the first tank to go in for festergut and i usually pop a armor pot before I charge in. Then i cycle thru my many bubble cool downs until I get 9 stacks and the other tank taunts off. This inckudes 4pc t10, the skeleton key, shield block. Rarely I will pop last stand for extra cushion. When it comes time for me to tank him back I pop another armor pot to last me until the final Blight 3. Here is when I use Shield Wall, followed by everything else I got.

It's just a mastery of learning to balance your defensive cooldowns.
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryu
    hahaha except for the fact that the difference is about 7% physical dmg reduction between 40k and 30k. it probably had something to do with the u know, dying then coming back unbuffed and lack of appropriately used defensive CDs

hahahaha, except you clearly don't understand how armor works. Let's say our friendly warrior in defensive stance is mitigating ~65% of the damage (55% armor, 10% stance) and our friendly DK is mitigating 72% (64% armor, 8% frost presence). Now let's use some logic.... that's a difference of 7%, right? Just like what you said. But wait:

The warrior is TAKING 35% of base damage while the DK is taking 28% of base damage:

(.28-.35)/.28 = 25%

The warrior will be taking 25% more damage than the DK. L2Math.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

shield blocks work fines as a "cooldown"
    it takes about 10K off each hits.

so use shield block, juggernaughts vitality, then when thats done use last stand along with the skeleton key, after shield wall and you're good to go.

My paladin even tanked it, and it's pretty undergeared...

i see nothing wrong with your amory.... maybe healers need to pick it up a bit my prot warriro is aboutt same gear as you and i dont have tank issues on this fight so maybe ask your healers to do a better job?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not an expert on Warrior tanking, but I saw 13 expertise, and last I checked parry haste wasn't disabled for ICC and 13 isn't enough expertise to prevent a parry. I may sound like an idiot, but could that be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin
    I'm not an expert on Warrior tanking, but I saw 13 expertise, and last I checked parry haste wasn't disabled for ICC and 13 isn't enough expertise to prevent a parry. I may sound like an idiot, but could that be it?
    No, parry haste is only on 2 bosses in ICC and festergut is not one of them. Deathwhisper and Sindragosa are the only 2.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic