DPS, are you tired of endless queue times? Would you like to be able to actually complete a heroic in less than 40 minutes a pop (queue time plus run time)?
I have the solution, and it's not something Blizzard needs to fix. It's something YOU can do.
First, read this:
Then the next time you queue up for a random, do the following:
1. Do NOT comment on the tank's gear or drop group before you start due to the tank's gear.
2. If you are a hunter or rogue, MD/Tricks every....single....pull, but only after the tank has pulled.
3. If you wipe, suck it up. You'll make more money on the run than you will lose to repairs.
4. If the tank sucks, but they're working it and trying to learn, keep your yap shut.
5. At the end of the run, make sure that you throw the tank a compliment, especially if they're obviously a bit green.
6. If one of your fellow DPS or healers makes a rude comment, YOU tell them to STFU, don't wait for the tank to do it.
7. Unless it's excessively slow, never try to rush the tank, and if it is excessively slow, do it in a positive fashion ("Mate, you've got a strong healer and strong DPS behind you. Roll on." not an exact quote I heard from a DPS once, but it was close and the tank's pulling speed went up around 20% after that).
If you do these things, you are sewing a crop of tanks that are going to grow into chain-pulling monsters that recognize the joys of instant queues in about 2-3 weeks time. In addition, you are also keeping the raid-geared tanks from being so irritated at you that they stop queueing as a tank in LFG (and yes, I know 3 ICC-25 raiding tanks that refuse to queue as a tank and would rather wait the 15-20 minutes as DPS to not have to deal with the jerks, and these are very skilled and well geared tanks and even THEY get abused).
Every single tank you add to this mix is going to shorten your queue time and shorten your overall run times in the long run. Just keep your eye on the prize. I'm convinced that if enough DPS do this, DPS queue time could drop to as low as 8 minutes (down from 20+ on some battlegroups).
If you are a healer: Suck it up brother. Healing the tank is supposed to be work. We have a nasty tendency to get lazy during heroics; fight this tendency until you know if your tank is going to need extra attention. We should consider it a PRIVILEGE to help a noob tank through the process of learning. It may not help you now since our queue times are fairly low (no more than 5 minutes at most), but when your DPS alt needs to run heroics, you'll reap the benefit then.
You elitist jerkoffs have no idea that you're cutting your own nose off to spite your face. Instead just pop the zit; it'll hurt a bit, but in the end it'll be better all around.