Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: How to shorten the LFG queue for DPS

Okay, I'm going to bring up a point here that seems to be mostly ignored: the meaning of 'chain pulling' can be different between people.

Chain pulling does not have a set in stone definition that means... well, any specific thing. Meaning that it is not required to literally 'never' leave combat in an instance in order to chain pull. The tank does not have to pull the next group of mobs while the remnants of the first are still attacking him in order to chain pull.

Honestly, as melee dps it annoys the living daylights out of me when tanks run that way. Still, I don't bother saying anything about it to them because it's, presumably, just the way they like to tank. Heck, I even have a guildie tank who does it all the time, but I'm not going to give her flak for it. Sure it's a bit annoying, but to each their own.

Having said that though, no, that's not the way I pull on my tank, but yes, I do chain pull by moving continuously from one group to the next as each is downed, meaning everything dies before my feet move. The only exception to this is in situations similar to the paths before the first boss in HoL, where individual Iron Dwarves aren't linked to anything else. So sure, I'll snag them and bring them into the next group, where the fight will actually start.

Maybe a little off the original topic of the threat, but it's a simple point. Not everyone works the same way, nor do they have to.

I agree with the OP and would like to add one thing. I think the LFG tool should give priority to pure DPS classes over hybrids. A pure DPS class doesn't have the choice to shorten their queue time, they can only fill one roll. Hybrids have the option to tank or heal, they just choose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400
    I agree with the OP and would like to add one thing. I think the LFG tool should give priority to pure DPS classes over hybrids. A pure DPS class doesn't have the choice to shorten their queue time, they can only fill one roll. Hybrids have the option to tank or heal, they just choose not to.
    or ya know, dont have the gear to

i heard lvling as healing is boring as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitingisfun
    Hallo huter . good is 2 now ther is hunter woh playd till vanilla . i haved warr 2 but i was bored lol . i aso reed alot moore much forums but i writ so dab enlish i caus breein dmg to peoplol i beter just reed an wathcs i no writ point less posts an topics but mein ting is that peopl under tsand wat u writ .
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    It's like reading a slowly evolving train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Citaxis

Tanking is an especially thankless job, since the majority of the time everybody just comes in, does the instance, and leaves without saying a word, or somebody does something stupid and then complains at the tank for not handling it. Tell me, all of you, when was the last time YOU thanked a tank?

I thank every tank that can hold aggro ;D
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

@ Op: Congrats on the positive attitude to better your own group instead op "pointing the finger" at the others.
    Your tips really seem to go for the goal (speed up) but on a positive fashion....

Quote Originally Posted by Ducane
    /applause to the OP - however you're talking to a non-receptive group ; )
    Maybe, but look at the tone of the posts on the last few pages. Trolls will be trolls, cause that's what they like to do (and I do tend to needle them for being trolls; call it a guilty pleasure), but I've seen a change recently. The disagreeing factions are now posting in a more argumentative form rather than just reading what they thought was written and blindly bashing it.

Healthy debate is always a good thing.

Just do something else during the queu and suck it up that randoms can be a pain. If you want a 100% nice run just guildrun a random then