Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: the classic "OMG pleez help me, I suck at healing" post

While I have never raid healed, i do have some suggestions for you.

As stated a few times in this thread, learn to anticapte and set up a mental spell list. If the tank is defficant 20k health and has a hit coming, shield then hasted GH followed by pennace. Some would argue that pennance first, but the GH has a srtong chance to crit, and if it does it will make up the defficany in 1 cast, for 1 casts worth of mana. Healing a melee group and some AoE damage is coming, cause you got the warning from DBM, Shield the squishy rogue, IF, then precast a PoH so that it hits just after the first AoE tick, and then places a Divine Aegis proc on all 5 of them to save them from eating the next tick fully.

BG's are a good place to cut your teeth on large group healing. As well as lerning to keep up over-zealous people...lol

Good luck to you!!

Re: the classic "OMG pleez help me, I suck at healing" post

Quote Originally Posted by derkuli
    If the tank is defficant 20k health and has a hit coming, shield then hasted GH followed by pennace. Some would argue that pennance first, but the GH has a srtong chance to crit, and if it does it will make up the defficany in 1 cast, for 1 casts worth of mana.
    If the tank is down 20k and has a 'scheduled' hit coming, PWS>Penance>GH is better than PWS>GH>Penance.

• Penance will enjoy the benefit of Borrowed Time without consuming the buff, meaning that the GH is also hastened.
    • Penance delivers healing faster than GH with the first tick hitting nearly instantly.
    • Penance heals for more than GH and completes delivery of all of its healing in about the same timeframe as GH is completed.
    • Penance has 3 chances to crit, meaning more (and faster) likelihood of activating Inspiration if it is not already on the target.

Also, regarding mana, there is no difference in the total mana spent on these 3 casts regardless of the order used (it almost seems like you're saying GH is cheaper than Penance, which it is not).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic