Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Heroic Eitrigg's Oath

12 35.29%
  • Glyph of Indomitability

22 64.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: H Eitrigg vs Glyph

Based on the way you gearing.....the Oath.

Based on which is honestly stronger, and the current tanking gear mode the Glyph is better.

And I would like to know what your threat rotation is and how much TPS you put out.

And ya know I think normal modes plus the raid wide buff were designed for players like the OP.

Might as well deal with it. They won't change until they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Yes, and your achievements say otherwise, and your armory was updated today. If you're gonna lie, at least make it convincing, ya know. Additionally, if it's an alt, why is it "Rank 1" on the armory? Rank 1 is the rank below the GM, which is usually Officer.

You came in here, stated "969 isn't optimal for my setup" when it's well known that it's optimal regardless of gear setup. You claim to have your own playstyle, that's fine. Make your own choice on the trinket. No offense, but if you're gonna lie so blatantly, then i'm not prepared to help you. I wouldn't help someone who lied to me in real life, so i refuse to help someone who's got so much "evidence" stacked against them.
    To be honest, he wouldn't have had to lie (assuming he did, I can't check armory right now for some reason) if people didn't start attacking him and the way he played from the get go. People said he played bad and called him bad, don't we have people in place to help fix that (Keep people in line), so people don't have to lie for defense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-f...rak&cn=Nilinor

It right there in the armory.
    arned the achievement The Plagueworks (10 player) for 10 points. Yesterday - 10:40:00 PM
    1 Professor Putricide kills (Icecrown 10 player). Yesterday - 10:40:00 PM
    13 Lord Marrowgar kills (Icecrown 10 player). Yesterday - 8:59:00 PM
    Additionally, if it's an alt, why is it "Rank 1" on the armory? Rank 1 is the rank below the GM, which is usually Officer.
    Not sure why my main can't be the same rank.
    I also am not sure why I'm defending myself, but here's my main's armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ak&cn=Milywily

Nobody cares about your main. It doesn't make you any less wrong about your ideas of how to spec, gear and gem your paladin. If you don't like the replies you get, I suggest you ask elsewhere.

Or ask Copain. He doesn't like it when people say rude things to bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    To be honest, he wouldn't have had to lie (assuming he did, I can't check armory right now for some reason) if people didn't start attacking him and the way he played from the get go. People said he played bad and called him bad, don't we have people in place to help fix that (Keep people in line), so people don't have to lie for defense?
    No one actually attacked the guy. Regardless the reason he came here, he was given some pretty good advices.

Dude concerning your question, I think Glyph would still serve you better. As for the cries of "you're doing it wrong", well this is mmo-champ so it is to be expected. If you want constructive answers to tanking questions, especially to ones thinking outside the box, I suggest tankspot. Just be very precise in your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    You talk of me as if I am a bad person yet there are rapists, burgers, murderers and various kinds of evil out there, but from the sound of it, I am the worst of the worst because I would take a virtual item in an online Video Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked
    No one actually attacked the guy. Regardless the reason he came here, he was given some pretty good advices.
    And how much of that advice was on topic? Only a handful of post have told the dude what he needed to know. The rest were telling him that he was talenting wrong, playing wrong, gemming wrong, and just being a "bad." Good advice isn't telling someone something they didn't ask.

If I asked you how to stop a bomb from going off, telling me step by step how to make Ice cream won't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Or ask Copain. He doesn't like it when people say rude things to bad players.
    If a "bad" player ask for advice on how he should play, then yes, that's the time to tell him he's "bad."

If a player ask "based on my style of gameplay, which item would be better?" That's not an invitation to tell him how terrible he is.

It's also rather disappointing to see a mod, one who's supposed to be here to help prevent people from being treated this way, to just be getting on people, when the info provided itself is wrong. He claimed he didn't do what he said he did, and yet he did, and it's in his armory.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

I truly don't understand your defense for someone who is indeed doing things wrong in the sense of being optimal at what they do. Sadly, this game is nothing but a bunch of numbers in the end and there has ALWAYS been a best way to do everything. Blizzard will be attempting to make it so classes have some "fluff" talents in Cata to distribute to their liking, but as it stands now there is still ONE way to do it right and this is not it. As a moderator and a frequent of MMO I would try to attempt to tell any poster coming with questions the correct way to gear/gem/enchant instead of just happily answering the one question they asked which in the end is irrelevant to the proper way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    I truly don't understand your defense for someone who is indeed doing things wrong in the sense of being optimal at what they do. Sadly, this game is nothing but a bunch of numbers in the end and there has ALWAYS been a best way to do everything. Blizzard will be attempting to make it so classes have some "fluff" talents in Cata to distribute to their liking, but as it stands now there is still ONE way to do it right and this is not it. As a moderator and a frequent of MMO I would try to attempt to tell any poster coming with questions the correct way to gear/gem/enchant instead of just happily answering the one question they asked which in the end is irrelevant to the proper way of doing things.
    No, no there isn't ONE right way.

The topic creator has gotten farther in ICC than a lot of guilds out there (Killing Putricide), by playing with a different play style than the cookie cutter one. That alone proves that it is possible.

You can't even begin to refer to what's irrelevant; because you're trying to speak of something irrelevant to the topic, which asked nothing about what the right way was.

You know...I have to agree with ^Grguch here. Legitimately you might be debating between two trinkets, but throwing out your armory link was fair game on these forums.

It's pretty much like walking into a Neo-Nazi bar, wearing a leather vest, an ascot and nipple rings, holding two ass-less jocks that are both relatively the same pink, then politely asking...

..."which do you think?".

The jocks are just a setback. :-*

And arguing about what advice has been given, off or on topic, is semantics. Cause it can be easily summed up with the poll at the top of the thread.

No, no there isn't ONE right way.

The topic creator has gotten farther in ICC than a lot of guilds out there (Killing Putricide), by playing with a different play style than the cookie cutter one. That alone proves that it is possible.
    There is indeed ONE optimal way to do everything in the game right now. Sure, you can progress fine doing things in a "different" way, but would do better doing them the optimal way. It's just a game of numbers after all. As far as the progression through the content goes the skill of the player still plays a large part.

If I asked you how to stop a bomb from going off, telling me step by step how to make Ice cream won't answer my question.
    Imagine that bomb has three wires. A red wire, a black wire, and a blue wire. Cutting the red wire will stop the bomb. You tell me, "Hey, I always cut wires whose colors start with the letter "B" first. Should I cut the blue or black wire?"

I think that's more analogous. Sure, sometimes that cutting a "B" wire first strategy will work, but in this instance, why should a person's advice be limited to two wrong options?

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    There is indeed ONE optimal way to do everything in the game right now. Sure, you can progress fine doing things in a "different" way, but would do better doing them the optimal way. It's just a game of numbers after all. As far as the progression through the content goes the skill of the player still plays a large part.
    There's one OPTIMAL way, it wouldn't be Optimal if there were several of them. Yes, you are right on that.

But there is not ONE WAY to do things, and that's the point I'm making. So what if someone wants to do things differently? That's their choice, not yours. If they want help for the way THEY PLAY, and you don't want to help them, fine, but don't call them bads for not letting other people basically order them around like several other players do. Take a gander at the topics here, most people can't even buy an Emblem of Frost item unless someone tells them what they should do.

If it's based on skill, then why does it mater if he doesn't play your way?

Deleted

You come in asking for advice on gearing, and then get annoyed when people give it to you? Way to go, superpally.

People have said that they way you are gearing is very sub-optimal. You say you gear for that specifically, to which I reply with this question - Do you enjoy being bad?
    Who cares if it is your alt, I play the game to make all of my characters the best they can be with the time I have avaliable to invest in them. Why don't you? You are wasting money on sub-standard gems and respecs, when you could easily become a much better tank.
    Going for avoidance in fine in certain fights, but there is not enough of them around in ICC (hell, even ToC) to make it a main build. Stamina is more reliable. If you really are going for an avoidance build, then armor is the way to go, 100%. Dodge is, literally, hit and miss. If you get a boss that actually hits hard, you're in trouble. Even if you magically are able to avoid 90% of a boss' hits completely, those 10% that hit are going to squash you flat. If you go for stamina, sure 50% of the hits will get through, but it will be like a hammer on a tank - it wont kill you for a long long time, and will give your healers a chance to pick you up. If you get hit twice in a row while avoidance geared, you are screwed, pure + simple.

If you want to be bad, carry on ignoring the advice that many well-informed players are throwing at you. If not, well, try to listen and not get offended.

15+ Year Old Account

Locking for the flame war that is beginning to get out of hand- The OP's post wasn't even answered.