Leveling a warrior tank

Hes at 34 now. Has the heirloom shoulder/chest and the 2h axe for dps. Also has the heirloom PVP trinket.

So here are my two questions, first, would Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge (forgot how to link to wowhead) be decent choice to level with. If it is, would crusader be the best choice?

Second, I have a decent build for my level (at least I think). http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZqIzrL0zb:fZm

Was wondering what second glyph I should use and where I should put that last talent point.

Thanks a ton in advance

Re: Leveling a warrior tank

A) You could grab the two melee Heirloom trinkets (haste + heal on killshot)
    B) Venerable Dal'rend's Sacred Charge will work just fine for your purposes, and if you want to enchant it, Crusader is great. An occasional heal and + str is always welcome. However, I do suggest that you find a faster swinging weapon at some point closer to Wotlk.
    C) Get rid of improved Bloodrage, and max out Anticipation. Since you gain rage with every block, dodge, and parry with Shield Specialization, you want to maximize your chance to do so. I suggest taking points from Incite and Improved Revenge until you max Anticipation, then go back and fill them up.
    D) Hit 40 and get Glyph of Blocking, imo. Until then, Glyph of Resonating Power?

A slow weapon is awesome for aoe tanking instances and it's better dps.

Good stuff Rahirn. Gonna give the sword a shot to make it less of a pain finding minor upgrades. Anything that gets better with levels is win for now.

Gonna respec today. Thanks a ton for the help

I was basing it off a different thread wherein someone suggest a leveling Warrior Tank find a faster swinging weapon because he would be able to tab+Sunder faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Varthan
    Good stuff Rahirn. Gonna give the sword a shot to make it less of a pain finding minor upgrades. Anything that gets better with levels is win for now.

Gonna respec today. Thanks a ton for the help
    Bah you'll miss the experience of tanking with brass knuckles (fist weapon from nagrand arena quest, probably best tank weapon out of instances at that point - have seen many run around with this, but maybe there is better stuff from instances)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahirn
    I was basing it off a different thread wherein someone suggest a leveling Warrior Tank find a faster swinging weapon because he would be able to tab+Sunder faster.
    Why would you be able to do that faster with a faster weapon?
    Sunder Armor and Devastate are instant attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by dextermorgan
    Why would you be able to do that faster with a faster weapon?
    Sunder Armor and Devastate are instant attacks.
    That's right but faster weapons still allow faster HS/Cleave so big plus for fast weapons.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

^ That's what it was, Cleaving/HS.

I still failed a bit. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    That's right but faster weapons still allow faster HS/Cleave so big plus for fast weapons.
    That's what i thought, but I did less dps with a faster weapon and I didn't have any threat-problems with my slower weapon. I only did more threat on single target.
    I didn't try it for a long time though so I'm not 100% that slower weapon is more dps.

Not having any troubles with threat right now. Just charge in, switch to D stance Tclap then spam tab sunders and tclap every time its up and. No cleave or anything and that roation is working fine right now.

Most bosses I get rage starved pretty quick, but thats gonna change with berserker rage i hope!

Im sure i can find better weapons after 60, but one of my 80s has 300 badges so i dont mind burning a few. Wish there was a BOA shield

Im lvling a prot warr aswell and about to spend emblems on a weapon

shall i get the loom sword [Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge] or the loom mace [Venerable Mass of McGowan]

Same speed. Mace more hp tho

15+ Year Old Account

personally i leveled arms, and once random dungeon tool was implemented finally went prot just for the queu. while now i would call my MS prot since i spend my badges on it, arms is a welcome break while leveling. i also didn't find the prot level fast at times when i forgot to change spec back. i mainly quest and don't do the aoe mob grind that some do.

10+ Year Old Account

Back in BC, I leveled my warrior from 33-51ish as a tank just spamming instances with a friend and her bf. He would be dps and have a bear tank if we needed, she had a priest, and I was tank, it worked out so perfectly because when we wanted to find an instance, just find a dps and we're ready. All three of us spammed SM, ZF, and Mara before they more or less left the game for IRL stuff, but I kept on tanking. At 50 I went Arms but I never forgot how to tank (I still sometimes tank a heroic on my warrior now and then but I'm mainly DPS).

Got 5/5 Anticipation and made what a difference in rage! Thanks