Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DBW + (insert trinket)

Quote Originally Posted by RevvRevv
    You shouldn't act like such an elitist with 40 expertise, just sayin
    i don't think people in this thread have a proper understanding of what BiS means.

here goes: Best in Slot. Let's break it down. Slot clearly is referring to your individual pieces of gear. Relatively simple. Now Best is a tricky one. The dictionary tells me that best means "of the highest quality, excellence, or standing." This does not appear to give any room for hedging such as "highest quality unless someone cannot do togc." Utilizing this definition (which I presume to be fairly accurate) I would hope in the future people would not get mad at someone for correcting misinformation posted on a forum (when it was done in a fairly benign way.) For any further questions about the words "best" or "slot" please feel free to pm me.

edit: the original poster of bis was in fact wrong, however not for the reasons that you stated. if you had corrected him with dbw (h) then that would have been acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by dollarfiveo
    i don't think people in this thread have a proper understanding of what BiS means.

here goes: Best in Slot. Let's break it down. Slot clearly is referring to your individual pieces of gear. Relatively simple. Now Best is a tricky one. The dictionary tells me that best means "of the highest quality, excellence, or standing." This does not appear to give any room for hedging such as "highest quality unless someone cannot do togc." Utilizing this definition (which I presume to be fairly accurate) I would hope in the future people would not get mad at someone for correcting misinformation posted on a forum (when it was done in a fairly benign way.) For any further questions about the words "best" or "slot" please feel free to pm me.
    BiS varies on what content you know you can do. Thats why there multiple BiS lists for UH death knights.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Quote Originally Posted by dollarfiveo

edit: the original poster of bis was in fact wrong, however not for the reasons that you stated. if you had corrected him with dbw (h) then that would have been acceptable.
    I'm very aware of what BiS means, but Nangz comments in almost every topic i have read with the same elitist attitude, so i actually took my time out to armory him and i almost rofl'd

Look, there's GiS - Good in Slot, like DMC: Greatness/HWT, BtriS - Better in Slot, like normal Death's Verdict/Choice and WFS, and then there's BiS - Best in Slot. Best as in the one better than the better in slot, and this would be H DBW & H DV/C.

If you know you can't do content that a BiS comes from, you'll just have to settle for a BtriS, but don't go calling it a BiS, as there can only be 1 best (or in the case of trinkets 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    I've been wandering how well TAiaJ might be for dual wield frost after the 20% haste buff in 3.3.3. From what I've read the extra attack is treated as an auto attack, so it should benefit from Necrosis and BCB. The hit rating isn't great, but it's not a complete waste either since dual wield's hit cap is so high, and the extra white hits just give you more output from the trinket. The problem is I haven't seen an official dual wield frost spec for 3.3.3 because of talent changes, and BCB might not even be a viable talent anymore.
    The Dual Wield cap for DKs is 5%, so that would be a huge waste of hit rating with all the extra hit you get off gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon
    The Dual Wield cap for DKs is 5%, so that would be a huge waste of hit rating with all the extra hit you get off gear.
    spell hit cap is 263 though and miss an IT/HB and its a dps loss, you'll notice alot of frost dw dk's running a high amount of hit for specifically this reason (I usually run 270-280hit)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Memm

That's for specials, the dual wield white hit cap against a raid boss is 27%, and while the extra hit might not be good, it's not entirely a waste either. In any case, Shiira informed us TAiaJ doesn't benefit from any of the DK talents, making the trinket bad.

It could be just me, but I've found that I have an abundance of hit on my DW Frost DK, without gems and no trinket for it. I think itemization was leaned towards hit in early ICC gear levels. Anyways, that's not to say it's a bad trinket, I'm more curious if both weapon swings from Threat of Thassarian would stack motes individually, or only count as one.

You shouldn't act like such an elitist with 40 expertise, just sayin
    Im sorry, I was unaware that being elitist is correcting someones information. My mistake.

I also was unaware that one must have amazing icc 25 heroic gear to be knowlegable about death knight pve dps. I must ask. You criticising my gear, which is completly unrelated to my knowledge, sounds much more elitist than me correcting someones statement of fact.

I'm very aware of what BiS means, but Nangz comments in almost every topic i have read with the same elitist attitude, so i actually took my time out to armory him and i almost rofl'd
    Trying to post relivant and correct statements is elitist now?

Why does it feel like im talking in trade all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    It's really weird that it can't proc necrosis or BCB but can proc poisons and seals.

It'll probably proc killing machine at least.
    It doesn't. Blood caked blade, necrosis and killing machine all only proc from auto attacks. The TAiaJ proc is considered a strike so it doesn't proc any of them. It can proc poisons and seals because they are also able to proc from strikes.

I'm more curious if both weapon swings from Threat of Thassarian would stack motes individually, or only count as one.
    I would guess that it would proc off both swings, as they are counted in the combat log separately, and also because scourge strike gets two procs (reported on EJ).
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I got Taiaj and i promise to test it carefully as soon as 3.3.3 goes live.

As it is now I have seen it go as high as 2.8% of my DPS as unholy on some fights, that maybe do not sound so great but 2.8% of 10k is 280dps + the hit which makes it quite ok and with 3.3.3 it will make it even better.

Nothing is able to proc from both parts of scourge strike any more, that was fixed several weeks ago because it was making bryntroll too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Nothing is able to proc from both parts of scourge strike any more, that was fix several weeks ago because it was making bryntroll too good.
    Maybe not on Bryntroll but on Taiaj it still does.

bis is best in slot...not best i can reach...or best for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Nothing is able to proc from both parts of scourge strike any more, that was fix several weeks ago because it was making bryntroll too good.
    I thought it was just changed so that a proc would not proc other damage abilities/talents.
    Taiaj is a little different in that the "proc" is simply a counter and not dealing damage.

And I thought I saw it confirmed in EJ recently, but I can't seam to find it atm...

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    I thought it was just changed so that a proc would not proc other damage abilities/talents.
    Taiaj is a little different in that the "proc" is simply a counter and not dealing damage.

And I thought I saw it confirmed in EJ recently, but I can't seam to find it atm...
    I was under the impression that the way procs interact with scourge strike was fundementally changed and that nothing could proc from the shadow part any more. I know for a fact that bryntroll and fallen crusader can't. I'm less than certain about tiny abomination though, if evidence can be provided that that still double procs from scourge strike then I'l admit my mistake.

Found a relevant post on the official forums from a DK who has it:

Thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...80278113&sid=1

After playing with this for a little bit, Unholy DK's can get Mote of Anger procs off:

Melee Swings
    Icy Touch (strange I know, but it works, tested it at range)
    Plague Strike
    Blood Strike
    Scourge Strike (both phys and shadow parts can cause a double mote proc)
    Pestilence (Not the initial spreading of diseases, but the reapplication can proc for as many targets as it hits)

I need to get a better combat log than chatter can provide, but from what I could see, motes can also proc off:

Blood Caked Strike
    Death Coil (not 100% sure, logged 1)
    Wandering Plague (not 100% sure, logged 1)

Any way you look at it, it's obvious that it's not completely limited to what the tool top says. I tested Icy Touch at range, giving it a few seconds in between casts. I proc'd a mote on almost every cast.

I guess I'll take your word for it, it's still not a great trinket anyway.

Yes, DBW and WFS(even ilevel251) is a great combo, but you have to look at what is available to you via the content you normally clear. Of course ilevel 277 stuff is f-n hot, but only a minority of players will have access to that gear level. So BIS is different for everyone, because we have to consider what is BIS for our available content.