Thread: Nibelung

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nibelung

Just payed 4k for Nibelung thinking it still could proc off of DoT's. Went from Abracadaver to Nibelung... My DPS hurts now, I feel cheated why would a 264 staff be so much worse than a 251 staff. I guess I'm just raging but...damnit. Such a nifty staff you woulda thought it to have been balanced like everything else. A shame this. A real shame.

Proceed with the making fun of me.

Technically, 'gyped' is a racist term. I've removed it since people complained, but I don't believe that any offence was intended, so I don't intend to take any. ~ Ratskinmahoney

Re: Nibelung

Is that the staff that has the "proc"

I think theres been several discussion here and in other places about it sucking. However its a great upgrade for entry level since its BoE

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK

I think theres been several discussion here and in other places about it sucking. However its a great upgrade for entry level since its BoE
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49992 For a lot of classes (Elemental shamans) getting over the haste cap is mad easy, and having something that can do great DPS while not meaning I have to be conscious of EVERY haste CD I have is really nice. If nothing else, wear it for trash and get a ton of them.

almost the staff your thinking of, it's not BoE, its a BoP staff... I mean wouldn't giving it some stat like Haste or Crit fix it? Because the proc isn't doing the job it should be :/ Doesn't anyone know if there are any plans to fix this thing? Or are they planning on letting it be forgotten?

To the other guy who just posted, I read that they removed DoT's and AOE from the proc chance so you cannot get a ton of them on trash even. So this is an Ele shammy staff? I read Druid benefit from it particularly due to some talents double tapping

Edit: Spelling errors abound

I have high end gear boomkin....and i tryed Nibelung as a good boost (from the start)...and only encounter where Val'kyrs are something between good and average is Anubarak25 HC....otherwise this staff suxx.

It doesn't need to be fixed because it is not broken. The proc is doing the job it should be. They already increased the proc chance on it and the Val'kyr it summons do a decent amount of damage, and considering there is no internal cooldown you can get lucky and have a few up at a time.

They said that they don't want to make this staff boring. I believe they specifically said that they don't want to make the Val'kyr just a DoT with a fancy graphic. If you don't like the RNG element and prefer pure stats, you should probably not swap a staff with pure stats for one with an RNG proc. Even if it has a higher item level.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I use it on my Demo Lock, it does 8-10% of my damage on a Single target fight. Works just fine IMO. However, if your giving up alot of stats that you otherwise need then of course its gonna be a loss. Take the OP for example, without checking Armory going from Abracadaver to Nibelung you lose 111 hit. Now, im not sure where your stats are at now but if you were using that Staff chances were you actually needed that hit?? If thats not the case maybe your RNG is just bad.

I've probably done over an hours worth of testing, usually for 10 minute dps intervals with this staff and Maghari Cheiftans staff because I am addicted to haste and want the chieftan staff to be better but not one time has it come out on top. I don't have abracadaver to test that but I wouldn't think it would come out ahead.

Sure sometimes you aren't going to get a single proc on a fight but I can't recall a single boss fight where I didnt get at least one proc and most of the time I get several.

I like the RNG though I do miss having all that haste.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

15+ Year Old Account

If I had it, I'd use it. Affliction has the highest spells per minute rate of all three trees. I've had 7+ proc on my shadow priest, who does better SPM than this. It should still be a net loss to use it because of RNG, but not everyone wants to do the same dps week in week out.

R.I.P. YARG

I like it.

it does anywhere between 5-10% of my overall damage as Demo on boss fights (depending on procs)

+ it just looks super duper cool
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer
    I like it.
    it does anywhere between 5-10% of my overall damage as Demo on boss fights (depending on procs)
    + it just looks super duper cool
    I got a serious issue with believing that, it sound way to much, it look supercool indeed tho
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    I got a serious issue with believing that, it sound way to much, it look supercool indeed tho
    I swear on my life it's what I read on my recount.

Though it may have been counting both Valk and Felguard tbh.

still, i like it as demo as it gives me more spellpower than 1h + OH or any of the other staffs I've seen
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

I am skeptical too about the 10% of your overall thing... I will admit my testing was done on a target dummy as affliction and while it did proc it did not show a significant DPS increase. My hit AFTER the loss I'm still about 1% over the cap, yea somehow I had 22%... Maybe I should get off of afflic and try is destro as demo didn't see too many procs, and certainly nowhere near enough to cover the hurt from the 4% haste loss. Not in the least bit sure what RNG means. Destro is second in casts after affliction am I right?

Maybe I need to hit the dummy a few more times like the previous poster did, I sat for about 10 mins I should do a few more before concluding anything else but just seems to me something is lacking. Maybe I am crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK

um its bop? he bought it in a gdkp for 4kgold... man read shit up before psting.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Saw this post on front page and had to check.

Have you thought about trying as a different spec? instead of affliction as destruction?

reason i ask is on my mage it's proc rate kinda blows as arcane .. but as frost well .. i'll just let this image explain. granted image shows 7 procs .. i've averaged 3-4 as frost in a 5 man and in raids.

[img width=300]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/maelstorm1/angels.jpg[/img]

No large images please

Well... Off a mage who won the roll and whispered me out of the blue wanting a Primordial Saronite for it, I was overenthusiastic thinking DoTs still procced and the staff had been something I had been pining over for some time, so I offered him a flat out 4k, yea my bad.

Edit: Art, that is really really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz

um its bop? he bought it in a gdkp for 4kgold... man read shit up before psting.
    Orrr bought it from someone who won with the CAN TRADE FOR 2 HOURS thing.
    Stream: Gurkalicious

Right on the money

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous
    Saw this post on front page and had to check.
    Have you thought about trying as a different spec? instead of affliction as destruction?
    reason i ask is on my mage it's proc rate kinda blows as arcane .. but as frost well .. i'll just let this image explain. granted image shows 7 procs .. i've averaged 3-4 as frost in a 5 man and in raids.
    IB on cd, most likely due to AoE overagro I guess. Extremly lucky procs but no, any class, any spec, unless AoE is involved Nibelung suck.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo
    Just payed 4k for Nibelung thinking it still could proc off of DoT's. Went from Abracadaver to Nibelung... My DPS hurts now, I feel gyped why would a 264 staff be so much worse than a 251 staff. I guess I'm just raging but...damnit. Such a nifty staff you woulda thought it to have been balanced like everything else. A shame this. A real shame.

Proceed with the making fun of me.
    Poor spelling, asshole racist comments. Wow, you're a winner.