15+ Year Old Account

dk dps spec advice

hello gents im new to dk dps area im coming from a dk tank toon figured id try and have fun with the dps tree on my dk i enjoy playing unholy atm i came across this spec for my build i was wondering what my fellow dps dk's thoughts were on it http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0x...0Ixcdg0zx0uIqo

reason i like this spec it gives me the ability to duel wield while i play unholy

Re: dk dps spec advice

And why would that spec allow you to dual wield? You didn't spend any points in "dual wielding" talents, and you can dual wield anyways. Dual wield besides frost (properly talented) does not beat any other DPS spec (with a 2Hander) and so it's not viable. With lower gear Unholy (with 2H ofc) seems to pull better DPS than the other specs. If you like that much to DPS while dual wielding you can try a frost spec. Frost DW will also get some major buffs in 3.3.3 so it may compete with Blood and Unholy.

Yeah, I'm confused by this, too. It's not a DW spec, it's just a bad unholy spec.

Nothing in that spec makes you any better of a dual wielder.

Lol, registered just so that i could respond.

Use the frost tree for DW, the days of unholy single rune attack rotations is over.
    And so is the DW days for unholy.

Frost is more than good enough for the task and many think it's a funnier tree to play.
    Give it a shot.

if you like dual wielding, try http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0e...uzAofM0hxc:sak (with a few changes frost might be the strongest dps spec on 3.3.3 too), but if you actually want to get the best dps out of your char, use this if you dont have 2pT10 and a really good weapon, if you do, try this

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk
    hello gents im new to dk dps area im coming from a dk tank toon figured id try and have fun with the dps tree on my dk i enjoy playing unholy atm i came across this spec for my build i was wondering what my fellow dps dk's thoughts were on it http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0x...0Ixcdg0zx0uIqo

reason i like this spec it gives me the ability to duel wield while i play unholy
    That spec looks very much like what the Unholy spec will be for 3.3.3 (%Strength from Endless Winter)
    I believe it will be a valid DPS spec, but certainly not for DW.

dw unholy went out with the changes to SS. bye bye next

The real power of Dual Wielding comes from Threat of Thassarian, which Unholy can't get to and still be Unholy.

The spec you linked will be fine for Unholy 2H single-target dps, come next patch. Especially in lower gear levels you can pull excellent dps with it. Don't try to use DW with it though.

(actually I'm using a very similar spec to it on my DK now, to get used to the rotation before the patch hits)

If you want a bit more AoE damage at the cost of some marginal single-target damage, drop 2 points in Necrosis for Morbidity so you can use D&D as part of your rotation at regular intervals.