Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What race to choose?

Hello. My friends have forced me to migrate to Al'akir from Ravencrest because they think the server will lag too much when cataclysm releases.
    Anyway I will probably join them at Al'akir and is wondering what race I should choose (horde).
    I'm a shadowpriest and right now I'm playing shadowpriest dwarf (I LOVE IT).

My friends tells me that they should have chosen Undead because of Will of Forsaken and the corpse eating ability but I doesn't like the undead-model or has such confidence in Will of Forsaken because it shares cooldown with PvP-trinket and I'm not PvPing at all actually.

I have been thinking of female Troll for a long time because they actually looks good and have the abilities Regeneration, Berserking and Da Voodoo Shuffle. Berserking boosts speed and by that dps in fights when Da Voodoo Shuffle helps in PvP or PvE fights where u get frozen etc. Beast Slaying maybe could help in unique fight, I dunno. The regeneration maybe isn't for any use thought.

And what about Blood Elf? Enchanting skill increase (Arcane Affinity), but that may not make any difference at max skill, or will it? Arcane Torrent gives back 6% mana during fight which can be pretty good in long boss fights.

Again, what race should I choose as shadowpriest?
    As you can see most things leans to Troll but I would like to be convinced or maybe just discuss it.
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Problem: I have a square peg and a round hole. Peg must fit in hole.
    Solution1: Round off the edges until it fits the desired hole. Solution2: Make the round hole a square.
    People's Perception1: Why didn't you just make both a triangle? Because clearly you're stupid.
    People's Perception2: Obviously you are a moron - rounding edges or making the hole different doesn't change the fact that they didn't fit together in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    This thread has been locked due to its existence.

Re: What race to choose?

troll for DPS, BE for mana. Simple as that.

Pick the one you like the casting animation of. Unless you are going to be raiding and going for world first kills, no racial really makes a difference.
    Especially not if you get sick of the sight of your characer and the way they look.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

You really can't lose here. I chose a BE due to arcane torrent.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Troll Male cus we are a minority in the horde but really they are the tallest when they use the idle stretch I have tried against a tauren
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombie
    You grow even more powerful and an item is added to your blank inventory. It is "Pair of Val'kyr Wings".

Depends on the level you're playing on right now.

ICC25-geared spriests have trouble running oom, so therefor troll is superior.

You don't like the UD-animations? Preposterous!

Undead have amazing animations in game. They're pretty useless in PVE though.

PVE DPS = Troll
    PVE Healing = Blood-Elf
    PVP = Blood Elf, or Undead

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Undead have amazing animations in game. They're pretty useless in PVE though.

PVE DPS = Troll
    PVE Healing = Blood-Elf
    PVP = Blood Elf, or Undead
    word

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Pick the one you like the casting animation of. Unless you are going to be raiding and going for world first kills, no racial really makes a difference.
    Especially not if you get sick of the sight of your characer and the way they look.
    Truth. I really wouldn't rely too heavily on racials for your decision since they're completely revamping all racials come Cata. Pick what you like and want to play.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Freeaze

My friends tells me that they should have chosen Undead because of Will of Forsaken and the corpse eating ability but I doesn't like the undead-model or has such confidence in Will of Forsaken because it shares cooldown with PvP-trinket and I'm not PvPing at all actually.
    Sharing a CD with a PvP trinket is irrelevant for PvE, it's still a useful racial.

Real thanks guys. I mean it. Thanks alot! x10k
    Solution1: Round off the edges until it fits the desired hole. Solution2: Make the round hole a square.
    People's Perception1: Why didn't you just make both a triangle? Because clearly you're stupid.
    People's Perception2: Obviously you are a moron - rounding edges or making the hole different doesn't change the fact that they didn't fit together in the first place.

Troll for pve.

Blood elf for pve and pvp, silence+mana regen.

Ud for pvp, still useful in pve in some encounters.

I, myself, play an ud female, vanilla love.

sticking with my blood elf, best looking :.. but i have to admit that berserker rage is kinda nice tho.. only using arcane when i heal/pvp, 6% is kinda good alltho since im healing as disc

The race you choose doesn't give you any major advantages and therefore you should pick the race you find the most fun/cool/whatever "cough" troll "cough" :P

Choosed female troll, they're pro Playing at Al'Akir now btw, whisp me: Freeaze

Goblin. The haste is marvelous and the rocket belt may end up being a nice extra ability in your rotation.

If you can't wait that long, pick a troll. Trolls of both gender are beautiful and their racials are finally in a nice place.

I went undead because, when I rolled my priest, there were no blood elves and I didn't like trolls.

Undead are sexy.

But when cataclysm comes out, I'm planning on rolling a gnome priest.

Gnomes aren't sexy...they're just adorable. Like a baby panda bear.

10+ Year Old Account

Worgen > Undead > Blueberry > all

(imo)

i'm gonna roll an Undead priest ,cool looks, /dance is awesome for corpse dancing ... and no worries for halloween costumes :P

Troll, because then you can be a troll. Best reason ever, for the best race ever.