Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: We can progress in ICC but not ToC, Halp!

I can pull 3.5k dps on my Unholy Deathknight in ilvl200 gear... so your DPS must be doing something wrong.

As some have said. A lot of you guildies gear is plain incorrect. The rank 1 prot paladin has a +50 sp enchant on his mace, no chest enchant, and WG trinket for crit. You are in some serious need of evaluating your guilds gear and ability to cooperate to progress.

Edit: I have gone through all your rank 1 members and I am continuing on down and yes, a definite gear check is in store if you want to progress. Your rank 3 hunter is the best I have seen.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

So your "good" raiders are doing 2k dps?

Time to find new raiders, methinks...or a new mindset.

Uhm. Leave would be my advice.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Look at the armory. They are indeed having trouble progressing through ICC10 and ToC10 as a guild. The thread was nice for the first couple pages when people were actually helping for once, guess the trolls were just eating dinner or something.
    okay, so i might have been a little harsh on the guy, and a little too drunk.

Something helpful? If the dps are only pulling 2k dps in badge gear, then you need to check the spell/skill ranks.
    Dual specc can make your skills/spells not automatically update. Had this fail on my shaman a bit back. ilvl232 geared and pulling ~2k dps? wtf? "random player whispers: my rankwatch says ur using only 8/13 (cant remember if 13 really is max) rank lightning bolts and chain lightning. update ur actionbar mate".

After i did that, jumped way up to 4k something.

I think you need have every single raider look at what they are doing - go read guides on how their class/spec works, rotations to use etc, right down to the fundamentals of how the game works tbh. DPS that low is unacceptable on any boss. Within a week of being 80 my hunter alt was doing 5k+ on beasts (25m tho) - and this was before ICC-5 was released to make gearing even easier. And silly as it sounds, make sure they are all using the highest rank of their spells.

Have every raider farm the crap out of the ICC heroics for every upgrade they can get, and make them all gem/enchant the best stuff available and more importantly get the right stuff for their class/spec.

Get them all to watch the tankspot videos of how the fights work - they are very good for watching the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by poogle
    I think you need have every single raider look at what they are doing - go read guides on how their class/spec works, rotations to use etc, right down to the fundamentals of how the game works tbh. DPS that low is unacceptable on any boss. Within a week of being 80 my hunter alt was doing 5k+ on beasts (25m tho) - and this was before ICC-5 was released to make gearing even easier. And silly as it sounds, make sure they are all using the highest rank of their spells.

Have every raider farm the crap out of the ICC heroics for every upgrade they can get, and make them all gem/enchant the best stuff available and more importantly get the right stuff for their class/spec.

Get them all to watch the tankspot videos of how the fights work - they are very good for watching the mechanics.
    If they are only doing 2-2.5k dps I think the ICC 5 mans might be too difficult for them >.>

Honestly though, there really is no reason to be THAT low, especially in a raid.

This is a game, in order to do well in it you need to know how to do well.. try telling your guild to evaluate their classes, ask which specs are best for them.. what items they need etc, how to gem.. hell, easiest way to go about it is find the best person on the server(or one of) and copy their spec; and then read MMO champion for rotations. I try to mean no offense when i say this isnt spyro and you need knowledge of your class ( and others as a RL ) if you want to see the content Warcraft has to offer. I wish you the best of luck, mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha

Something helpful? If the dps are only pulling 2k dps in badge gear, then you need to check the spell/skill ranks.
    Dual specc can make your skills/spells not automatically update. Had this fail on my shaman a bit back. ilvl232 geared and pulling ~2k dps? wtf? "random player whispers: my rankwatch says ur using only 8/13 (cant remember if 13 really is max) rank lightning bolts and chain lightning. update ur actionbar mate".

This is good advice. As raidleader, install the addon called Rankwatch and tell people if your addon shows lower-ranked abilities being used.

Thanks for the replies, and yes, I do need to work with a few people as to thier gearing/spec choices. Most of the rank 1's would be other rank one's alts, I know its not an optimal setup, but that's how the Guild leader has it set up. Some of the guild leaders toons especially have some odd stuff about them, I do need to sit him down and explain why the gemming, etc needs to change (ie. gemming SP on a tank wep, using the WG trink on a fury warrior, gemming spirit on an ele shammy, etc). He's a good guild leader, just not a raid leader, which is why we have raid leaders in the first place. I do plan on sitting a fair few of our DPS down and talking with them though, so thanks for pointing out thats necessity. Allot of our raiders, btw, are of rank 4 or lower (i myself am one of 3 raid leaders and I'm only rank 4 myself), the ranking system is built around time spent in the guild/commitment to the guild rather on raiding, as I said, we're a very casual family oriented guild.

As to the multiple raid leaders, only I usually "lead" the raid, as in calling out instructions on fights,etc. Mainly because I'm MTing. The other leaders are there because they are good at helping our newer people be acclimated to raiding, and are there for coming too for advice, as well as to fill in if another can't make a raid to to RL obligations. As to me being new to being a raid leader, yes I am. I didn't come to the guild as a raid leader, I came in as a casual player and (the same as the other 2 raid leaders) found myself shouldering more and more responsibility each week because I was willing to step up and try to get things going, and just like the other raid leaders I was reasonably versed in the various raids where most of our membership were not. I'm just as new to leading things as everyone else is to raiding at general.

As to the strategies posted, that is more or less what we were trying to do. We were switching at 3 stacks on impale, making snobolds a priority for ranged (thanks for the advice about running to melee, i was instructing ranged to deal with them). I'm thinking of having tanks stand back to back next week, as the instructions to run to the other tank etc was given, but execution was flawed. Im hoping by doing this will allow the OT to just back up his worm a few feet to un-paralize the tank. Honestly, this shouldn't be needed, but if it isn't working the "proper" way, I have to try something different. We never made it to Icehowl, I've personally done that fight quite a few times and I believe it'll be easy enough for us (I've seen this place several times on different characters, but have always been with a more experienced group, so ranged alone could deal with snobolds, etc.)

I sincerely thank the helpful advice, and as to the rest; well, can't escape trolls I suppose.

People with snobolds on their heads should go stand at the boss's backside in melee range. Then everyone can cleave the snobold and dmg the boss at the same time.

holy paladins are broken in 10m, use them and find another raid healer other than his alt.

I haven't read every post but it seems as though most people have covered the basics. My biggest peice of advice would be to ensure that all your raiders are gemmed/chanted/geared correctly. They can have an uber GS but be in wrong gear. Setup a time where you can practice on target dummies to perfect rotations. Small things like fixing your rotation and fixing any gems/chants that may be wrong will make huge strides in improving your dps. You definetly seem to want to progress so just make it clear to your raiders that you want to do that and you need their help. I'm in a family oriented guild and we have progressed almost all the way through ICC. We are a 10 man only guild. (Sindragosa down to 15%ish percent. Grrr lol) Either way I would try what I and others have said. It should help alot.
    Invisible fire is scary fire- Capt_jesus

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha

If they even got the gold to buy dualspecc, Aius :>

Deleted

XAPHIE!

u here too!? nais... nais...