Thread: SC2 Beta Key

SC2 Beta Key

Hi everyone, first time poster long time reader here. I recently received a second SC2 Beta for whatever reason and I was wondering if there are any repercussions for selling one for gold? I remember people selling the Wrath of the Lich King beta keys all the time, but I'm not sure if they changed their policy. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

P.S. If this is kosher, then WTS Beta key on the Blackwing Lair realm horde side! :P

Re: SC2 Beta Key

The key is linked to your Battle.net account so i dont know if someone links there account what it will do

Actually the first one I got didn't link until I activated it, which I have not done with the second key.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kudrel
    The key is linked to your Battle.net account so i dont know if someone links there account what it will do
    The key is not automatically linked to your battle.net account when you recieve it.

well then how much do you want

As far as i know outside trades for gold is not permitted in world of warcraft as it can ruin the server economy.

On a side note, i don't know the exact prices for gold atm but keys are going down as 50-100 usd(if you scan ebay like a mad man maybe u can get it cheaper). Also bids start at 10$ and have a buyout at 100$-200$. I would make a wild guess and say that you would get @ 3k gold max 5k(but i think gold value depreciated even more then that), if i were u i'd make a friend happy or sell it on ebay(do you really need 3k gold??? that is crapy ez to get)

@kundrel: i think the invite a friend can be sent to w/e mail you want

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Just got mine today from a friend that got 2 of them. can't wait to play already downloading it

I guess this goes along the same lines as Timecards for gold. Dunno if thats illegal?

Interesting, well if anyone is willing to put up a good offer I would gladly sell it. Otherwise, I'll just give it to a friend or family member.

2 things whats your Toons name on that server and if you can look at your messages

If you read the email:

This key can only be used once to upgrade a Battle.net account to participate in the beta test, and while we encourage you to share this key with someone you know, it must not be traded or sold.
    Just saying.

I guess that settles it then.