10+ Year Old Account

good arena combos with hunters?

hi all im not even gonna lie and say that ive searched the forums for hours looking for answers but i honestly did look at the first few pages in the pvp forums and found nothing.

anyways, im about ready to start pvping on my hunter and i wanna know if theres any good combos right now or any suggestions or even ones that have worked for you.

oh and im looking for either 2v2 or 3v3 idc about 5's cuz i dont feel like it would be awful complicated having a team of 5 people

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing

Re: good arena combos with hunters?

You are gonna have to work decently hard to be good at arena. If you are just now starting to pvp, then either you have NO pvp gear or you triumphed your furious/relentless and think you are ready to blow something up. I will let you go for it and wait for you to say RAWR <insert class here> is OP!

In either case, regardless of your ambitious claim, hunters can be paired with a lot of things and be half decent. I've found Hunter/Ret or Hunter/Enhance are pretty decent. Hunter/Disc is decent if you are a good player.
    Un-banned and ready to unleash the Cool stories.. Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    And eredar is a draenei corrupted by sargeras to fight with the Burning Legion. Just because your a lock doesn't mean your /brofistin' Sargeras. ffs ¬¬

for 2s, MM + healer (pala/druid/priest) kinda easy to play + u get room for some mistakes.
    for 3s, u can run a lot of comps since hunters are decent atm. beastcleave as either bm or mm, double healer hunter, PHD etc.

Double dps with hunter requires extremely good coordination.

Hunter/disk can be very hard, speaking from experience, but with a GOOD disk priest, can be extremely powerful. Definitely not a faceroll comp, but a good one.

2v2: Play hunter/druid. Freezing trap healer and kill dps. Use faerie fire to block felhunter dispels on freezing trap.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

For 2's: Hunter/<Healer>
    For 3's: Hunter/<DPS>/<Healer>

3-3 beastcleave
    requires no semblance of cc really as long as u bring it to a 3v2 in the opener
    2-2 hunter druid/preist are annoying and a good team with excellent cc with correct coordiantion
    Ispamcharge-85-War Ispamfear-85-Lock
    Ispampurge-80-Shaman Ispamstuns-80-Rogue

I'm always thinking one step ahead...
    like a carpenter that builds stairs.

10+ Year Old Account

ok sorry i was gone for a while lol anyways to respond to a few things said:
    i have lots of pvp experience just next to none in the arena. believe me, i would pvp on my disc priest if i was looking for the best class to pvp with but i dont have the experience behind it. i absolutely LOVE hunter pvp.
    i currently have all of the furious gear plus whatever gear i could buy with honor alone but no arena points.
    i pvp as survival as i can usually burn down casters before they kill me and survival is amazing at kiting melee.
    my warlock friend really wants to do 2s with someone. is a lock/hunter combo a viable specc? any advice would be appreciated
    he currently has no pvp gear but he always seems to get top end gear overnight lol so i have no doubt he will gear up fast.

thanks for all the responses thus far everyone! ;D

you are now consciously breathing

Not gonna lie, I'm probably biased being a frost mage in arena's and what not.

1) Find Holy Pally and Enhance Shaman for 3's.
    2) go BM, pop The Beast Within as the match starts, shaman pops wolves, lust, and spam purges on kill target, watch it die.
    3) ??? ??? ???
    4) enjoy 2k+ rating and profit

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshoe
    NO
    JUST NO
    HUNTER RET IS NOT DECENT AT ALL. IT F*CKING SUCKS.

Trust me, I speak from experience. And the highest that camp will get you is about 2k. That is the BEST hunter/ret team too. Get a holy pally if you want your playtime to be even slightly enjoyable.
    so wrong. Hunter, Ret, Resto is a very strong comp. Hunter prot druid is also a very strong comp. If you cant break 2k its because YOUR bad, not the comp. /sigh

go to arenajunkies .com it will have specs for every combo and show some of the most sucessful combos
    (may have spelt it wrong)
    Tycat was here

Atm im playing resto druid (me) and mm hunter. It has great cc and allows the hunter to do his thing. If im not mistaken the top healer/hunter comp is with druid if you look at arena junkies. I enjoy it very much (from the healer part) and my friend enjoys it very much aswell. In order for this to be successful you and your partner really need to learn too play togheter and learn the other class very well since it requires you both too be very good at the cc since this is what makes the setup good:
    3 sec scatter shot.
    10 sec trap
    6 sec cyclone
    3 sec cyclone
    1 sec cyclone
    4 sec bash
    3 sec scatter shot
    10 sec trap
    6 sec cyclone
    3 sec cyclone
    1 sec cyclone
    4 sec of silence because of readiness
    3 sec scatter shot
    10 sec trap
    6 sec cyclone
    3 sec cyclone
    1 sec cyclone

Anything with a paladin, kings/might is key.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

For 2s: Hunter/druid hands down.

lol me and my warr friend were bored we made a arena 2v2 team and got like 800rating on naz fail to bad i server changed

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    my warlock friend really wants to do 2s with someone. is a lock/hunter combo a viable specc? any advice would be appreciated
    In terms of getting a huge rating it would really depend on your battlegroup and just how well you work together. As someone said before, double dps with hunts needs a lot of coordination. I run an MM hunter and have a load of fun pvping with him aswell, when I kicked off in twos it was with a resto druid. Eventually however it ended up being me and my Aff lock buddy. We're currently sitting on about 1100 which really isn't that high but we have a hell of a lot of fun doing the twos. There will be times of frustration as with any comp but honestly I've never had as much fun in pvp as I am now running with the lock. Not to mention it's always great when you take out a comp who isn't expecting it.
    So, about Thrall's balls...

hunter/ench/paladin
    hunter/dk/druid or pala
    hunter/rogue/priest or druid
    hunter/lock/druid or pala
    and the list goes on you have many combs that are r1 viable to choose from.