Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Frost DK macros in 3.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon
    I know its not competitive, and honestly that isn't the point of this. If I want to compete in DPS or go to a progression raid I will bring my Warrior. This is an alt I use for farming Frost Emblems, and having fun with. I find Frost to be a lot more fun to play than Unholy and Blood. Just looking for thoughts on what would be easier to do to accomplish my goal.
    This is what OP said he needs, so nothing fancy. He dont need min/maxing, 20 fancy keybinds, he wants mashing one button or maybe 2, so he can watch tv, eat, drink, have fun in his way. So, pls dont judge people if they are casuals or want to mash one button. Its their way of having fun

Noone has the right not to be judged or criticised. Especially not if you ask other people what they think about what you're doing.

He needs a cast sequence and one of these to press it

a deathknight is one of the few classes that requires more buttons than 2, please get a mage or warrior if u want a 2 button rotation.. oh wait.. ur a warrior :

and if u want a DK because its a "hero" class, than play something else if ur just to lazy to do research, get unholy and just DnD all.. sigh

frost is all about participation and proc based rotation, dont play it if ur lazy

Rime needs to last 30 seconds like KM, I so soooo hate it when all the mobs die and your not close enough to the next group to get it off in time

Quote Originally Posted by Uroboros
    Read Please
    Tell me you don't see the rotation in there.
    The set rotaion was changed in favor of the priority that is curently listed at that link. The IT-PS-OB-BS-BS- Dump___OB-OB-OB-Dump rinse and repeat can still be loosly followed, but should be used a a basic guildline and the procs should be used when available.

I agree that frost curently uses a priority system for optimal dps, but loosely follows a rotation that works around procs.

Something to keep in mind is that priorities will depend heavily upon what type of fight it is;

Examples being

-DnD should only be used when 3+ mobs or it is a DPS loss.
    -Two plus mobs HB>OB (ALWAYS!!) for a FU rune combo
    -Single mob FS>OB when KM is active
    -Single mob FS>HB when both KM and Rime are active (Priority should be FS>HB>OB in that situation, to make use of procs then going to available runes)

@Kumduh, I was tanking Naxx trash and had a KM+Rime Proc and had the 60k+ HB hit on most of the trash in spider wing and was kicked because "If you're a tank you shouldn't do that much damage".

@ MHP, That is a beautiful CS macro. I'm going to see if I can get someone to use it, I'll let you know the results.

Frost in unholy presence is the most demanding and most awesum spec and game mechanic there is.

Timing procs, horn of winter, rime, and keeping your rotation from dying is super awesum and imba hard.

Unlike retarded unholy sleep on top of keyboard pulling off 10k dps shit.

Please delete ur dk, castsequence macroes are worse then keyboard turning.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarious

-DnD should only be used when 3+ mobs or it is a DPS loss.
    -Two plus mobs HB>OB (ALWAYS!!) for a FU rune combo
    -Single mob FS>OB when KM is active
    -Single mob FS>HB when both KM and Rime are active (Priority should be FS>HB>OB in that situation, to make use of procs then going to available runes)
    very good explanation except for one thing HB>FS when km is up with rime single target due to the fact that HB has a much lower base crit chance than FS yet can hit for appx. the same amount of damage

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    very good explanation except for one thing HB>FS when km is up with rime single target due to the fact that HB has a much lower base crit chance than FS yet can hit for appx. the same amount of damage
    if you are in really poor gear, then i'd say go ahead and FS first since your crit chance still sucks.

but yeah at 'high' level gear(which is the standard now) i'd say just HB first
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Okay I have a Frost Spec'd Death Knight as an alt. And I use a DPS spam macro for him (Yes I know its bad, but its an alt whatevs) and it has certain requirements for it to work.

The macro is as follows:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [button:1] reset=6/combat Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Frost Strike, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Obliterate, Frost Strike
    /cast Rune Strike

And needs 2/2 Chill of the grave to work properly.

The spec I have made for 3.3.3 doesn't have that, and not sure rather to change the spec slightly of scrap the macro and start over with it again. Any thoughts?

P.S. - Spec link - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...l,aIpOe-,11623

I can't be arsed to read the rest of this thread after rading this, because reading that made me die a little inside. All i can say is to get out and stop playing a Deathknight right now.

I don't research things on [Death Knights]
    Might wanna fix that
    Jesus walked on water but Chuck Norris swam through land.

Here is the deal. You can be competitive and do well with macro's but you need the base skill to play your class in case anything goes wrong. After that its a matter of your personal style and how you like to play the game. Don't use macros if you can't run the class w/o um.

I run castsequence macros and usually sit right below rogues on the charts. You need a different approach when macroing for frost though. First off you absolutely need to be hit and expertise cap'd before you macro, if you miss or get dodged your dps will drop fast.

Secondly, you should macro in the rune abilities and leave out rune power abilities.

This is what I use

in shorthand
    /castsequence reset=3 it, ps, oblit, bs, bs, oblit, oblit, oblit
    /startattack

Now the trick is to watch KM and Rime and use them appropriately. since they are not in the macro you can use them independently when they proc.

If you miss a strike make sure to manually hit it and you'll have to reset for disease application when you switch targets.

There are also a lot of situations where you want to step away from the macro.

Macroing is a personal decision, it has a lot of potential to drop dps but is effective if you know how to work it. I personally macro to watch the fights closer and enjoy the game. Feel free to flame me but I've done my time with the class.

Blood~