Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A challenge for all you hunters!

Currently I had a little trouble kiting the zombies in dreamwalker (my guild has hunters do it), and i heard one of my guildies tell me about the hunter quest in vanilla that required you to kite, and do all sorts of stuff. Well I decided wouldnt it be fun and try to go and get that quest and complete it in a set of level 50-60 greens, blues, and epics.

Currently i have gotten the quest starter, and a set of epics and a blue from molten core, and some auction house bought stuff from level 55-60. I have no rings, trinkets, neck piece, or cloak equipped because of the factor of me being level eighty instead of 60. I'm still working on the quest but i challenge all hunters who have not done this to try and do this quest for themselves! Please post your expeirences doing it and such.

EDIT: Changed what im doing, im going to try and do the quest with no gear on at all, since of course the first guy was easy at level 80 even in 60 gear.

Re: A challenge for all you hunters!

Do the quests naked with only a bow, imo.

Ummm.

We did this in original WoW.

Hi, what's up?

I did it in Original WoW, back with the annoying alliance that would come up and melee the mob while you were fighting it just to make it despawn...
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

If you are referring to the quest from molten core for the bow and staff then I think you will need to remove a lot more than a couple of trinkets and a cloak to get a proper feel of how the quest was at 60 (assuming you are level 80 now).

I did this at level 60 in my molten core gear and some of the demons were quite tricky back then. I found the winterspring 1 to be particurly annoying especially when mobs you had cleared respawned in your path while kiting. It was probably the best none raiding fun i've had in game.

Already did it. Did it with my pet out despawned the mob, sat there for like 20 mins confused.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    If you are referring to the quest from molten core for the bow and staff then I think you will need to remove a lot more than a couple of trinkets and a cloak to get a proper feel of how the quest was at 60 (assuming you are level 80 now).
    I'm using level 60 vanilla blues, greens, and a couple epics

Concussive shot, jump shots, frost trap, and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    I'm using level 60 vanilla blues, greens, and a couple epics
    Yep I should have read more carefully. I think you will still kill them all incredibly easily though :|Once you have completed you can't try it again so i'm just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    Yep I should have read more carefully. I think you will still kill them all incredibly easily though :|Once you have completed you can't try it again so i'm just speculating.
    Yeah i killed first one quick, so im going to try and do it with no gear on at all, even though one needs to be kited i believe. I should really just level a hunter to sixty get him an mc run get him gear like that and do it with him

ah this was the best back in vanilla!! here a vid so you get a feeling of the fights on 60,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3BlF-x-to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4ysVKKNDw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CRE5aLR7Tw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQwseC4-1x4

i think this was the only time i ever used scorp sting

i still think the only way to get a acurate result (if they didnt nerf the guys already) is to go naked with a bow you could have on lvl 60 (not the ones from tbc tho) and maybe keep one of your regular gear items for stats and ofc set the talents to a 51 talents only tree cause rly 1 item today has almost more stats then a whole epic set back then

Well I haven't done the quest I did how ever learn to kite in Nagrand back at level 70 (I started playing when TBC came out) I used to kite the cleft hoofs around nagrand useing frost trap conc shot and arcane shot rank 1. I could make it all the way around the map. I did get some strange tells though .

Deleted

The main problem will be your level 80 talents and spells, even with no gear I am guessing you will be doing more damage than a fully geared level 60 (or rather more than a level 60 would have done years ago, with lesser spells and talents)

I equiped my dungeon set 2, (God, I do miss that gear.) downranked and did it, was fun for a bit.

It shouldn't be that hard kiting the Zombie on the Dreamwalker fight. I mean you aren't supposed to kite them for all eternity before the DPS kills them. When I did it, I hardly got off any shots before he died (using Distraction Shot to keep aggro :P)

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil
    Concussive shot, jump shots, frost trap, and win.
    Jump shots? Wut? Disengage became a shot?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Currently I had a little trouble kiting the zombies in dreamwalker
    Why kite them? We don't in my guild and are one shotting every time....

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    Why kite them? We don't in my guild and are one shotting every time....
    In hard mode they run as fast as a Taco Bell customer to the restroom and one-shot people.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I did this back in vanilla and again for my new hunter once I started to play again. They pretty much have nerfed them which is sad. Was very fun back in the day I kinda hope they do something like this again for Cata.

and make sure you use only 51 talent pts - fair is fair? and no enchants! and proffesion tricks! and a movie or we call bullshit!