Thread: Weapon speed.

Weapon speed.

Ok, basically..

Rolling with 2 byrn's, 3.4/3.4...i've noticed it has some weirdo effects on rage gen sometimes...is it not a good idea to be using the same speed wep in both MH and OH?

I can't remeber...
    Just wondering if I shouldn't be doing this, I still pull competitive dps, 8-9k..but it does seem like it gimps rage gen. Could someone re-explain it too me, because Im sure blizz normalised wep speeds ages ago...

Re: Weapon speed.

don't use byrntroll in ur offhand,lots of other 'better' options

The rage gen gimp you're experiencing has to do with both of your white swings hitting at the same time, generating burst rage. Over the time of a fight, even weapons with speeds like 3.5/3.4 will eventually get offset to the point where rage gen is much smoother. Smooth rage gen is better because you're more likely to have rage available at any given time. With same speed weps your swings never have a chance to offset, and thus your rage gen is always bursty, and your ability cooldowns may not always coincide with your burst rage gen. In a worst case scenario, you may be sitting for 3.4 seconds with no rage to use while BT/WW are off CD, waiting for that burst rage gen. The only way to kind of offset this is to be very careful with heroic strike spam, especially sub-20% where execute may be used as a filler in the standard rotation. One heroic strike too many, and you may be left rage starved.

In otherwords, find a new offhand. Also, Bryntroll sucks as an OH anyways.

well, it's both my OH and MH haha..and i know, it's a horrible OH..

I'm kinda waiting for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49919, but it might be a while off.

I've got a Dual-blade (not heroic) in my bag (which I replaced), should I swap that instead?

I dunno, might just do some more dummy testing to see if its still messed.

Also, I did 25m ToC about 2 hours ago (average 8k dps overall), and I didnt notice my rage gen to be rlly bugged, but, a lot of those fights have aoe damage sooo, might wait till i do 25m ICC again.

I'd probably use the Dual Blade in your OH, eventhough it's a few ilevels lower, it's got more to offer in terms of stats.

Considering Weapon Damage is the most important "stat", keep it as your offhand. My suggestion:

Start the pull with only one equipped, or one and a shield, and after your first swing, equip the second one. Desynced Swing timers, your rage is normalised again.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Considering Weapon Damage is the most important "stat", keep it as your offhand. My suggestion:

Start the pull with only one equipped, or one and a shield, and after your first swing, equip the second one. Desynced Swing timers, your rage is normalised again.
    Note: You must repeat this everytime you move away from the boss.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Ah, yes, hadn't thought about that small aspect. But again, until you get a weapon with a different speed, it's really the only way to do it at the moment. >.> Gimping your DPS by pulling out a weaker weapon just for an offset timer isn't a net-gain in anybody's mind, so I don't know what else to suggest. *shrug*

You'd have to spreadsheet to be certain, but i believe DBB will be a better offhand than a second bryn. The weapon damage on offhand bryn is only applied to 1/3 of our whirlwind damage as far as specials are concerned, and offhand whites which are only 62.5% value (dw spec) anyway. The stats you gain from DBB (90 crit 82 arp, lose a socket and a bit of strength) will benefit all of your strikes. Might just be me but I'd take the stats.

Also, you'd cut out the aforementioned rage generation problem. Having to switch to a shield to stagger autoattacks will destroy your dps on fights that have reasonable amounts of movement and switching.

Bryntroll's proc when used in the offhand is negligible

Deleted

According to Landsoul's DPS warrior spreadsheet your DPS with 2x bryntroll is 9050 and with Bryntroll in MH and DBB in offhand your DPS would be 9147.

Quote Originally Posted by Markcrux
    Rolling with 2 byrn's
    *This makes me a sad panda*

doesn't procc on offhand.
    i'm sad on the behalf of the guy you stole the second one from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rígr

I'm sorry you're an idiot. But please, try again. It's oh so entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Rígr

it does indeed proc, but its just such horrible proc rate in your offhand bc only whirlwind and offhand white swings will proc it that in just about every single case its better to get a lower lvl weapon to make up for the itemization youre losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    If it's simply a matter of getting your swing timers different, just swap in DBB (or any other weapon) for a swing or 2, then swap it back.. It's not hard to right-click a weapon in your inv every time you start a boss, move away, etc.

Also, I may be wrong but I think I've heard somewhere that opening with a heroic throw while you're still out of range of your target will de-sync same speed weapons? Not 100% sure about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik
    Also, I may be wrong but I think I've heard somewhere that opening with a heroic throw while you're still out of range of your target will de-sync same speed weapons? Not 100% sure about this.
    no. it resets your swing timer.