Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Minimum average groups needed for lvl 60 raids?

To be fair its all dependant on class, spec, raid, etc.

Molten Core is easily soloable by a hybrid class as tank. Its a bit harder as dps since you will lose alot of avoidance and get hit more and is near impossible as heals because theres a healing debuff boss that will screw you over.

Blackwing Lair will vary upon gear. I dont suggest trying to solo it when you are a fresh 80, but a well geared tank or healer or some dps specs (specifically ret) will probably be able to solo it but it would be VERY risky and thats only a maybe.

Depending on which AQ you do, you will either have a good chance or no chance to solo them. 20 should be soloable by now but many of the bosses in 40 man require a raid group. For example the 2nd last boss you CANT beat without at least 2 - 4 people. C'thun should be soloable depending on whether or not he resets when you are in his stomach, if so you cant. If he doesnt reset however there is a chance you can solo him, you just cant let your guard down for a second.

Either way I dont suggest soloing, just because even if you are able some of the bosses have 1mil+ hp which will take a long time to dps down and will either take alot of avoidance or heals to ensure you dont die.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

If it can be solo'd then I'd say the minimum group would be two people... though that's not really a group but a duo, and then three is a trio, I guess 4 people would be the minimum to call a group.

15+ Year Old Account

Having done each of these with the bare minimum amount of people, I can say:

ZG: soloable by some classes, otherwise 2.
    AQ20: soloable by some classes, otherwise 2.
    MC: mostly soloable by some classes, otherwise 2.
    BWL: mostly 2 or 3-mannable. Exception is Vael. Needs 3-4.
    AQ40: mostly 3-4-mannable. The first boss requires incredible luck with 3 or 4 people (we had one person mount up so they couldn't attack and he targeted that person with nearly every mind control cast) but soloing him is fairly easy. Emperors can be 2-manned with prot paladins. C'thun phase 2 can be very difficult depending on the amount of people with high spellpower levels; I would recommend 5 or more, but 4 is doable, just extremely tricky.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    You can't 2man pretty much everything, since you'll die to Vael and pretty much everything in BWL with 2 people.

You won't get past the first boss in aq40, you won't get past twins and C'thun will kill you dead.

Bring at least 5 good people who know what they're doing.
    Cthun has been 2 manned.

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    no.

one.

cares.

if.

you.

solo.

This is about groups
    He's asking about the minimum, the minimum is therefore one. Stop being fucking retarded simply because you are fucking retarded.

User was warned for this post.

Feel free to disagree and to point out someone else's error, but there's no reason to call names. --Sunshine

15+ Year Old Account

I dualbox MC weekly as rogue/resto shaman.

even got Sulfuras on my shaman lol and half a thunderfury on my rogue..

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Ive solo'd Big parts of BWL and full MC Solo. AQ is the most difficult one but doable up to a certain point (As Prot, There are locks soloing stuff in MC and AQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    We found we couldn't do Razorscale with 2 but we would probably be fine with 3.
    Impressive.
    Though I do think you mean RazorGORE.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yeto
    you know a paladin has soloed 6/8 bwl bosses, he even has a vidoe were he pulles 3 bwl bosses and aoe them down?
    Must've been the latter 6 bosses then, 'cause you're not soloing razorgore or vael

Anyway, to be comfortable i'd say 5 people minimum. You can do most of them with less, but meh. You'd still need a pretty specific setup for twin emps though.

2-man, 3-man and your able to do them all if you really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    He's asking about the minimum, the minimum is therefore one. Stop being fucking retarded simply because you are fucking retarded.
    The minimum *isn't* one, because he's asking for groups. Therefore, he doesn't want to do it with one person.

You won't get past the first AQ40 boss with a group of less than 5. 1 person is not a group. :P
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)