Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new RAWR TaJ settings

do you feel they got TAJ stats right in the new version of rawr? I think its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Re: new RAWR TaJ settings

Are you just accepting the Rawr default settings for this item?? EJ has the recommended settings for loading TAiaJ in Rawr to get it to output values close to what it does on live. I have never been able to use the Rawr defaults for this particular item and that trend continues with Rawr 2.3.12.

The EJ settings for TAiaJ are as follows:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitist Jerks
    How to model [Tiny Abomination in a Jar] (TAJ), click Edit then go to Special Effects then match these values:
    Trigger: Physical Hit
    Duration: 0
    Cooldown: 0
    Chance: 100% (In reality it is 50% but I had to increase it to account for Rawr not knowing about special melee hits)
    Stacks: 8 (The heroic version requires 7 stacks)
    Listed under the Equipment effects category: % Weapon Swing 0.5
    Try using those settings and see what you think. The Rawr default values for that item are supposed to be the way it works for everyone. Despite the change to the way it procs, it still works better than it should for ret pallys. That's why you need to load these settings when using the Rawr Retribution modeler.

Ughh, my Rawr keeps crashing at work. I can't verify the default settings it uses.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

prentice just wondering what dps u pull cuz u got same trinkets i do i just got taj last night though just wondering whats ur dps looks like on a fight like festergut
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai
    prentice just wondering what dps u pull cuz u got same trinkets i do i just got taj last night though just wondering whats ur dps looks like on a fight like festergut
    Less than I'd like it to be, but I think anyone would say that. Here's the parse for this week Festergut. We did a few attempts on hard mode and let's just say it didn't work out. I think all of those numbers were down a little bit because we were "settling for normal mode".

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

hey theres nothing wrong with 11.3k : p

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Are you just accepting the Rawr default settings for this item?? EJ has the recommended settings for loading TAiaJ in Rawr to get it to output values close to what it does on live. I have never been able to use the Rawr defaults for this particular item and that trend continues with Rawr 2.3.12.

The EJ settings for TAiaJ are as follows:
    Try using those settings and see what you think. The Rawr default values for that item are supposed to be the way it works for everyone. Despite the change to the way it procs, it still works better than it should for ret pallys. That's why you need to load these settings when using the Rawr Retribution modeler.

Ughh, my Rawr keeps crashing at work. I can't verify the default settings it uses.
    I just punched them into rawr and went from 9.2k to 14k

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    I just punched them into rawr and went from 9.2k to 14k
    Are you sure you set the weapon damage to .50?

I had been using 2.3.11 successfully at work and home. I have tried two different downloads of 2.3.12 at work and both are crashing at the point where I "Load from Armory". I can't be certain that 2.3.12 is a truly stable version. I've never had Rawr crash on me like this before.

Are you sure you set the weapon damage to .50?
    yup, % weapon swing 0.5

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    yup, % weapon swing 0.5
    Make sure the number of stacks is set correctly - 8 for normal, 7 for heroic. I did the same thing with the normal version (though I'm sure I changed it), and got a jump of about 5k DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    Make sure the number of stacks is set correctly - 8 for normal, 7 for heroic. I did the same thing with the normal version (though I'm sure I changed it), and got a jump of about 5k DPS.
    restarted rawr and did it again, worked better than time, showed about ~350dps increase over mirror of truth

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    He asked how much damage I do. No one cares about your DPS, Swamp.

15+ Year Old Account

:'(

15+ Year Old Account

you are doing it wrong! :P

GG, well played Prentice.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    GG, well played Prentice.
    y

i care, swamp. i care.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

:'(
    *-hands Swamp a bucket of Rocky Road icecream, a spoon, and a box of tissues.

/pat
    There there, Swampy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    i care, swamp. i care.
    /hug

*-hands Swamp a bucket of Rocky Road icecream, a spoon, and a box of tissues.

/pat
    There there, Swampy.
    I'm not a 16 year old girl that just broke up with my boyfriend! >

Or am I...

/hug

I'm not a 16 year old girl that just broke up with my boyfriend! >

Or am I...
    Either way the emo tag fits. Now shut up and shove some chocolate in your face. You're supposed to be depressed FFS.