Poll: What is the most *common* problem that leads to PuG Failure? (Pick your top 3)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Failure of your PuGs - Comprehensive List

We've all seen the threads and threads of discussion about bad PuGs, bad heroics, tanks being jerks, dps being morons, healers refusing to heal, and all that jazz.

But, what actually makes a random heroic fail? What makes that VoA run so bad that it just can't finish, or down Toravon? What makes that raid weekly not able to be completed, even though it's the easiest boss on earth?

Pick your top 3.

Personally, I think Strategy, Healing Inability, and DPS Inability are the big 3 killers. People simply not knowing the fights are too much of a detriment to ignore on anything harder than Naxx, Healing can be flaky (especially in PuGs) and DPS, no matter how much you check gearscore, is always a little too shaky to rely on.

How about everyone else?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: The Failure of your PuGs - Comprehensive List

personally i feel the dps stands too much in the fire

10+ Year Old Account

I always tend to have ppl leaving after saurfang in icc, ALWAYS ! just last time I did 10 man, actually decent ppl, great run, get to stand infront of festergut with still 10 min back on my first flask, no wipes nothing, but then due to a bad pull and a little missunderstanding on festergut, we wiped, then one mage leaves and this was on a tuesday with marrowgar as weekly so no chance of gettin a replace...

.. but I think I have now been up to the first 4 - 5 healers leaving after the kill of saurfang even tho the group is availeble for more kills. pissing me off every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpio
    personally i feel the dps stands too much in the fire
    Well, yeah, but the dps standing in the fire isn't 3 things wrong with the raid

Also @ Firence - That's the kind of thing I mean, people will do bosses (For instance, Toravon, Saurfang, Hard mode Beasts/Jaraxus) and then arbitrarily decide that the raid is too hard for the rest of the group and leave. This one's a close 4th for me.

10+ Year Old Account

I have a phrase: bloodbads. This refers to ranged DPS who could not kite a Blood Beast to save their lives and eat it in the face, usually wiping the raid from how much extra runic power Saurfang gets. I went 5 resets without killing Saurfang pre ICC zone buff because of this.

Most of my guildpug raids now last an hour to 30 minutes shorter than they are supposed to because people ninjalog after Rot and Fester, they have IRL issues or "their cat is on fire", etc. It's a problem on 25 mans but not for 10 mans as those are all guild runs now.

If you need/want anything off of bosses after Toravon 10 man or Tora+Kora 25 man you are bad. Go grinds heroics or BGs, I am not carrying some just dinged scrub in to gear he won't gem or enchant anyways and will be soon replaced by 232.

ToGC? I'll stay for everything up to and including Twins in a PUG but there's no way in hell I am attempting Anub on heroic 25 man in a PUG, good core or not. ToGC 10 is pretty useless nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Tanking inability, healing inability and dps inability. While, arguably, the latter is more usual, the most usual cause in general is failing to move out of fires, put out enough dps, survive enough hits, heal enough and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    If you need/want anything off of bosses after Toravon 10 man or Tora+Kora 25 man you are bad. Go grinds heroics or BGs, I am not carrying some just dinged scrub in to gear he won't gem or enchant anyways and will be soon replaced by 232.
    I agree on 10 Man Kora being totaly useless (if anyone still needs T9-232 items he just doesn´t belong in the Raid, simple as that, you can get 4/5 in like 3-4 days) but I can´t say I agree if its in 25 Man, it´s the 245 iLvl Items people like you demand us to be equiped with, but you simply don´t give us the chance getting them.

On topic:
    Usually it´s just the long discussion over every little stupid mistake one might make, luckily on my Realm ToC25/VoA10/25/Icc10 groups rarely demand way too much GS (most don´t even demand it and still clear without problem, mainly cause also most people on my Realm seem to accept the fact that you are not geared enough for any of the mentioned Raids with your 4.2k gs).
    In fight it still seems that the most Slacking ones are DPS, I haven´t been to any ToC/VoA both 10 and 25 Raid where no DD died to flames and the likes of em, most of time I see 4-6 people die on Jaraxxus, also I tend to see DPSers who were given a kicking job not kick more than once or twice. In VoA it´s also the same old problem with the Range-DDs not going for the orbs. Tanks comming in 2nd for me, I commonly see Tanks not use ANY of the cooldowns (a Warri tank not using any of his cooldowns in a whole Toc25 clearrun, him being the "main" tank, had that twice in a row with 2 different Warri-Tanks, but commonly see DKs not using theirs either for whole fights)

To be fair, I understand people leaving after the 'Current loot' bosses, but still. I mean, the bosses are RIGHT THERE. They give you 4 badges. It'll take 5 minutes to clear them. It's like running a heroic, except faster.

But yeah, judging by the results so far, dps is a big issue for most of the failure in raids, along with slow pace..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

They may be "right there" but many people don't need Triumph badges anymore. Hell, a lot don't need Frost! I for one just use Frost to sell Primordials nowadays.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I'd mostly put it on a mix of strategy and dps only because in pugs, even if they do have the achievement I do find alot of dps doing things they shouldn't be doing even explained and having apparently doing it before.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Usually a combination of dps and strategy ex:dps refusing to switch to snowbolds and bonespikes.

Hate playing on one of my lesser geared alts and someone with a gs of 5600+ feels the need to link dps charts after every boss... Dunno what it is about that, that just pisses me off. It's like "OMG I HAS EPICS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ALREADY, I'M SO COOOL!"
    Then you have the tank/healers that think because their in those positions they have some sort of get outta jail free card or better then everyone else. If asked to do achievements or extra bosses generally I don't say anything and let the tank and healer decide but then you have some asshats that feel the need to whip out their epeen and spluge all over themselves with epic tales of how awesomesauce they are.
    Generally if I'm on my druid and the tank is acting like this, I just go bear form and switch specs and a few pieces of gear and make them useless so they usually rage quit and leave. If it's a healer and my wife isn't in the run to heal, then I just usually leave.

I do realize some people hate druids like me though because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

where's the

'I'm a demo lock and basically tank the instance'