15+ Year Old Account

Holy Gear question

Ok, I'm starting to wonder if I am gearing correctly. First of all this priest is an alt so I don't have too much time gearing her out. I have 4-piece T10 (I like the new changes to the 4-piece). I've been mostly gearing for Intellect/Spirit. However, lately I haven't had too much trouble healing on her. I mostly PoM, CoH, renew if I can, PoH if there is a large damage burst, but mostly Flash whenever I can. Regen is starting to become a non-issue for me, and I am wondering if I should get the frost chest (non-tier crit/spirit one) and start gemming for Int/SP, or straight SP?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dge&cn=Delholy

Re: Holy Gear question

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover
    Ok, I'm starting to wonder if I am gearing correctly. First of all this priest is an alt so I don't have too much time gearing her out. I have 4-piece T10 (I like the new changes to the 4-piece). I've been mostly gearing for Intellect/Spirit. However, lately I haven't had too much trouble healing on her. I mostly PoM, CoH, renew if I can, PoH if there is a large damage burst, but mostly Flash whenever I can. Regen is starting to become a non-issue for me, and I am wondering if I should get the frost chest (non-tier crit/spirit one) and start gemming for Int/SP, or straight SP?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dge&cn=Delholy
    Just a couple of thoughts, since holy is my least played priest spec... With a 29k unbuffed mana pool as holy you'd probably have to be pretty mana-abusive to have real mana issues. I'd definiitely recommend aiming for more throughput - you'll get a lot more value socketing yellow slots with SP/Haste than with Int. Shifting from Int/Spirit to SP/Spirit would help as well.

Also, I noticed you have 3/3 Imp. Healing, 5/5 Emp. Healing, 3/3 Serendipity, but 0/5 Divine Fury. All of these talents benefit GH tremendously even if it's not cast that often, so points placed there should be considered.

You also have 2/2 Surge of Light, which hurts your throughput considerably if FH is your filler spell.

You're gemming int more than an early-progression disc priest would.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Re: Holy Gear question

Yep, lots of odd choices.

Flash Heal builds are pretty poor. If you primarily do 10 mans and don't have a Paladin, then you might stick with it, but in general it's pretty bad. At the very least you should be taking 3/3 Blessed Resilience and take 2/5 Emp Healing. If you're casting Flash Heal enough that Blessed Resilience isn't better than Emp Healing, then you're playing very poorly. Same old advice, you should have Body and Soul, you should never have 2/2 SoL (you should never even have 1/2 SoL as FH spec), etc etc. Check the talent/glyph sticky.