Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should you stack SP after you reach 35k unbuffed mana?

Just wondering?? Heard this from a random. Bit of a nub with plds.

Predicting damage - the right way.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Should you stack SP after you reach 35k unbuffed mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Minia
    Just wondering?? Heard this from a random. Bit of a nub with plds.
    no
    your sp will just go to overheal anyway

Go for haste.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Go for haste.
    int/haste, but for the rest you're right

stack haste until you get 1 sec Holy Lights

Intellect/Haste/MP5/Spellpower/Crit
    Basically you shouldn't stop stacking Intellect, but you also ought to watch out to keep Haste as high as possible as in not go below soft cap.
    Spellpower basically is gained from the Intellect/Enchants and the gear itself 'maybe also some superb trinkets' otherwise shouldn't really worry too much about that.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    stack haste until you get 1 sec Holy Lights
    Its mathematically impossible to do this, so dont bother gemming haste. If anything, go read the thread on the same page called "holy paladin thoughts".
    Firecrest gives a pretty good explanation about haste gemming.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Problem is that as long as you get better pieces with more intellect on them and more gem sockets you hopefully are smart enough to also get more haste, and with more haste you burn more mana per minute since you can (and will) cast more Holy Lights and thus run out of mana faster, so no. You can't really afford going for sp (for more FoLs and less HLs) since then you won't have the mana to spam HLs when needed. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Its mathematically impossible to do this, so dont bother gemming haste. If anything, go read the thread on the same page called "holy paladin thoughts".
    Firecrest gives a pretty good explanation about haste gemming.
    kinda like when rets say to gem strength until you hit the str cap?
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by mypally
    kinda like when rets say to gem strength until you hit the str cap?
    Perhaps I should try and rephrase my answer.

It IS mathematically impossible to hit the haste cap for HL(it requires around 2600 haste, not achievable even with full haste gems)
    HOWEVER, gemming haste(As I said, read Firecrests post in holy paladin thoughts before doing this)beats gemming straight SP due to the larger gain in throughput/versatility. SP is only good if you have a val anyr(Bigger absorbs), and increase your SS absorbs(Aside from larger overheals 90% of the time ofc).

It's not mathematically impossible to get 1 sec holy lights. Just impossible in the game with the gear at this point. Mathematically impossible would mean you could have an infinite number of Haste rating and never reach the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareios
    It's not mathematically impossible to get 1 sec holy lights. Just impossible in the game with the gear at this point. Mathematically impossible would mean you could have an infinite number of Haste rating and never reach the cap.
    Ok so I left the "with current gear" part out. My bad. My point should still come across just fine to anyone with half a brain

I think the point is that, even if you were to include "with current gear" you're still using the wrong term, because it still isn't mathematically impossible. After all, there isn't something inherent in the math that makes it impossible to reach 1 second Holy Light casts - it's just that there isn't enough gear.

That'd be like saying "It's mathematically impossible to hit for 900000 damage " since I doubt that's the case - with enough gear (perhaps such that we haven't seen so far, of course, since you'd need an awful lot of attack power to achieve such a number) it's certainly within the realm of mathematical possibility. It's not possible, though, due to a lack of that gear...

On the other hand, let's say you somehow got diminishing returns on Attack Power, such that after a certain point, you benefit less and less from attack power as it factors into your damage, until eventually you'd need (more than?) an infinite amount of Attack Power to raise your damage 1 further point (ie it basically diminishes to +0 damage per any amount of Attack Power), then, of course, you can say that it'd be mathematically impossible for that 900000 attack to occur, regardless of weapon... provided you prove that even with infinite Attack Power, that damage still isn't hit

I guess that was a bit off topic..

But yes. It's not possible right now to get down to 1 second Holy Lights via haste, since you'd need an incredible amount of it. That's exactly why Holy Light Paladins will benefit so much from Haste, no matter how much they get - whereas Flash of Light Paladins see Haste's value drop considerably once the GCD soft cap is reached; Flash of Light Paladins won't be casting Holy Light enough to see tremendous benefit, whereas Holy Light Paladins receive constant throughput through haste.

Very well put. And yeah, haste is the way to go if you want to ignore regen in favor of throughput. Most definitely do not start socketing spellpower.

I'm... actually thinking about toying with this. I'm sitting at around 42k raid buffed mana. I might be able to give up a little of that to reach 1200 haste. Hmmmm.

the title implies that your mana pool is the only reason for stacking int, which is completely false

second, what makes 35k such a magic number?

i'm gonna stick with stacking int until it either gets nerfed or someone gives me a good reason not to, and so far, i've seen no reason good enough to convince me

When one say 1 sec holylight, he meant the haste cap
    as in 1 sec under bloodlust or other cds. this is because GCD cap is 1 sec and having less than 1 sec cast will be useless due to gcd underlust...

so it is very mathematically possible with current gear as you only need around 1.3k haste ...

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthell
    When one say 1 sec holylight, he meant the haste cap
    as in 1 sec under bloodlust or other cds. this is because GCD cap is 1 sec and having less than 1 sec cast will be useless due to gcd underlust...

so it is very mathematically possible with current gear as you only need around 1.3k haste ...
    Wrong.
    I meant 1 second Holy Lights constantly. So it goes under while you have bloodlust. WHY are you basing what you do around about 10% of a fight?

its because if you go beyond that cap, you completely throw away a good stats when lusted.

secondly, the number of bosses with melee-swing of 1 sec is piratically non existence except for algalon thus if a good healer can time his heal correctly, you wont even need 1 sec HL cast

Because, Oh I dont know. Maybe you want to heal someone OTHER THAN THE TANKS?
    And im very curious what "other" CDs there are to make our HLs go to 1 second aside from perhaps power infusion from discs and hero.
    And I say again. Youll be under that cap for...10% of a fight. And the other 90%???

PI doesnt stack with lust.

you have haste pot, engineering cd.
    PI does not stack with lust

judgement of just+wrath of air ( expected buff)

you shouldnt need to heal others will HL. FoL / HS should be sufficient since its a faster cast and less mana.
    secondly, you should trust your raid healer more instead of throwing HL rendering his heal to overheal and increasing tank's chance to die.

another way of saying it is.

beacon tank and heal raid.