What do warlocks want in Cata?

First, I was thinking about how Blizzard revamped paladin judgements in WoTLK, it was be nice if curses got a revamp to make them more interesting. Imo, rename curse of agony to just "agony" and make it a regular spell. Curses should be about utility, not damage, otherwise it's hard for utility to compete.

Now put curses on a collective say 45 second cooldown and make them strong enough to warrant a warlock wanting to use a curse for utility.

Curse of exhaustion immobilizes a target for 5 seconds.
    Curse of weakness lowers a target's damage done by 25% for 10 seconds (PvE bosses immune)
    Curse of tongues silences a target for 3 seconds

After siphon life and immolate were removed from affliction, It's kind of felt to me like affliction has lost it's "load em up with dots" feeling. I'm not saying affliction doesn't do great damage, corruption and UA do enough damage to make up for the loss of the 2 other dots. Just having two dots up just "feels" a lot different from having five up on a target to me.

I know Blizz doesn't want to make PvE affliction too complicated so I was thinking why not reintrodice siphon life as a utility spell that doesn't do much damage but provides good healing.

Other things I'd like to see:

A demonology specific spell so that it doesn't have to borrow its entire rotation from the other 2 trees. Maybe like a channeled spell that increases the pet's damage done for as long as its channeled.

Affliction talents reworked to make drain life the filler spell instead of shadowbolt. Kind of like how Blizz worked death strike into blood's rotation.

Drain soul made more practical. Since drain soul is how we get our soulshards now, warlocks are more willing to excuse this being a really clunky unheard of 15 second channel. Now that soulshards is no longer it's main purpose, it really needs to be improved. I don't reallly like the whole channeling a 15 seconds spell while also managing dots playstyle. Just make it a 1.5 second cast mind blast style spell that only does good damage if the target is at sub 25% health.

I'd also like to see more distinction between shadow priests and warlocks. They basically have their own version of UA and death coil now. Once siphon life was removed and immolate made exclusive with UA, affliction uses the same number as dots as shadow. I think warlock's made their distinction originally for being heavily drain oriented.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What do warlocks want in Cata?

Curse of exhaustion immobilizes a target for 5 seconds.
    That is a nerf, so no..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Green fire, all i want is Green fire...

The poor utility of curses, regarding having to choose between damage and utility is a long standing issue, and not likely to be one that changes anytime soon if ever.
    Many other classes can apply similar effects, if not 2 of them on the same target while we cannot.
    Mortal Strike/Hamstring - while not quite equivalent to curse of tongues/curse of exhaustion, it is close enough often with the intended pvp result to warrant a comparison.
    Crippling/Mind Numbing poison - both of which can be applied with little effort, both can exist on a single target from the same source.
    Curses do not need cooldowns but instead less of the having to choose between them.
    Slowing effects need applied as a proc chance, say on a dot tick not as something specific so removing or preventing other choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Atm it seems Blizzard is pritty much doign what I want ^^

- Better soulshard system
    - new / better looking demons

Thats about it, I really like how warlocks are atm, we got 3 good spec who feel entirely different and they all do good damage.

Ofc I also want green fire
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeme

My life for green fire.

An update on pet skins would be nice, other than imp they are rather bland.

I do agree with the utility over damage debate however.

"Man is free the moment he wishes to be."-Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir_Rendar
    My life for green fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeme
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.