Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: want to push to 6500 dps

ok rotation then...

SrS (once at the beginning of the fight aslong as if doesnt fall off) then CS (macroed with silencing shot(has no gcd) then AS then SSx3

You can also have kill command macroed or push it indiv when its up i prefer macroed

And yes he should start aiming for the softcap of ArP because if hes doing 25ICC and he gets DbW then he is going to have to put everything to ArP to aim for the hardcap

Quote Originally Posted by theDarktangent
    I forgot that Silencing Shot is off GCD - therefore, if you can spare the mana, macro it to your chimera shot with Kill Command as well. That way, on every 10th chimera shot (in a normal rotation) you should be seeing a silence shot, chimera, and KC. This is for maximum dps output, but is a bit mana intesive i think.
    anyone know a macro? I am trying to get it this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Elam
    Uhh.

Am I the only one who sees no mention of him using Steady Shot between shot CDs?

Because that would be more of an issue than any gemming/enchanting.
    Doohh, I forgot to add steady shot shot >.< yah i used it pretty much. I wasn't thinking about my rotation properly.

I typed this macro

/cast Silencing shot
    /cast chimera shot
    /cast kill command

It showing cooldown little longer than i thought...

Quote Originally Posted by TrapTime
    I typed this macro

/cast Silencing shot
    /cast chimera shot
    /cast kill command

It showing cooldown little longer than i thought...
    errr

i meant

/cast chimera shot
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast kill command

i am at 5.500 gs blabla....and people must explain to you your specc and rotation? oh my gosh...but at least you have a nice gear score right ? :

The fact that you mention your actuall gearscore dont change the fact that you know shit about your class ....now i get a picture about the trade gearscore spammers, thank you very much sir!

There's a lot of misinformation going on in this thread.

First off: Gemming Armor Pen is not required for MM until high ArP levels, and moreso is a dps loss until you reach 800-850+ passive armor pen through gear. (For a more lengthy explanation of armor pen, check out http://itisatrap.wordpress.com/2010/...r-penetration/).

Second: There is no "rotation" for Marksmanship. Like most melee classes, rotations have gone the way of the dodo. Marksmanship is a priority system now. The priority system, taken from Salanei's thread on the official wow forums, is

Silencing Shot(This is macro'd into all your other shots).
    Serpent Sting
    Chimera Shot
    Kill Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Arcane Shot
    Steady Shot

If you are above a set amount of Armor Penetration (about 450), you drop Arcane for another steady.) If, due to haste mechanics, you are in the middle of your fourth steady shot when Chimera becomes available, you stopcast your steady and immediately fire chimera. This is why listing any rotation is a bad idea. (Additionally, %damage and %crit modifiers roll with SnS reapplications, which means that if you get a %Damage proc like your 2pct10, or a crit proc like the DBW Iron Dwarf, you want to stop whatever you're doing and reapply Serpent Sting.)

Third: /cast Chimera Shot(Rank 1)
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /use 10
    /cast Kill Command

/cast Aimed Shot(Rank 9)
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /use 10
    /cast Kill Command

/cast Serpent Sting(Rank 12)
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /use 10
    /cast Kill Command

Take out the use 10 if you're not an Engineer. :3 Macroing Silencing Shot to all your instants rather than just Chimera is a good idea, as SS might come off CD right after Chimera fires, and you're delaying it by 8-9 seconds by not having it with other shots.

And then, lastly: One of the most important parts of optimal dps is managing your cooldowns effectively. Are you saving Rapid Fire->Readiness-> Rapid Fire for Bloodlust? Are you remembering to Readiness right after a Chimera/Aimed Shot, so that you can get in another chimera and aimed. And, in case Bloodlust is more than 3minutes away, or you've used BL already and your cooldowns are back up, are you using addons like PowerAuras and Heatsink to monitor trinkets and other procs, so that you can time your CDs to go off with the most procs up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fumez
    i am at 5.500 gs blabla....and people must explain to you your specc and rotation? oh my gosh...but at least you have a nice gear score right ? :

The fact that you mention your actuall gearscore dont change the fact that you know shit about your class ....now i get a picture about the trade gearscore spammers, thank you very much sir!
    no i was told different rotation. Believe me, i have experienced random plenty rotations.

I'm just gonna echo what Elam said, getting NES and gemming armor pen is not going to give you more DPS at the moment. It's not something to consider before you have a lot of passive ArP, and going for NES and softcap isn't going to up your DPS either.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

You must be doing something terribly wrong if u can't push 6.5k dps with that gear. This is my hunter alt: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Thrash%C3%AArx
    A bit worse gear than u (200less ap, 2% less crit, 100 less arp, using blue hittrinket when im above hitcap). My best is 8k on Korolan, usually sitting at 7.2-7.5k on fights that includes adds/targetswitching etc (not just plain nuke).
    You are agi gemmed, so your rotation should be Serpent Sting, Chimea, Aimed, Arcane, 3 x Steady, repeat - using Kill Command on CD and Silencing shot on CD if you dont need it for interupting (pressing it manually is easier than macroing it imo). Use your CD's depending on how long the fight is, (Call of the Wild and trinket proccs during Hero/BL is fun )
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Macro all of your shots like this; I used chimera shot as an example.
    this will use your kill command and silencing shot every time you can, also the shot priority given in a previous post is bad, you should use readiness after your first aimed/chimera shot rotation, to benefit more from having trinkets active.

#showtooltip chimera shot
    /cast kill command
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast chimera shot (if you can't figure out that you replace this line depending on desired shot, then I'm afraid I can't help you)

You should also not rapid fire again as soon as the first one ends, UNLESS bloodlust is running. otherwise save it until your second round of trinket procs

Rapid fire gives you 40% more auto shots, and if you get those extra shots while having attack power buffed from wfs, and if possible, armor pen from scorpion; they will obviously be more effective. but if lust/heroism is on, you will benefit more from the multiplicative haste stacking.

Your decision about armor pen was the right decision; you should gem for agi with scorpion; and only gem for armor pen once you have about 750 from gear alone... also not sure if this applies, but bind your keys. dont click.

and spamming buttons while waiting on cooldowns or globals is win

Follow this and you will see your dps improve, my gear is not leaps and bounds ahead of yours, but I can break 10k on hunter friendly encounters.

Honestly if he clicks its not a huge deal for a hunter. Haste does not effect our GCD so 1.5 seconds should be fine between abilitys to get to the next one. Binding is not a soulution for higher dps.

My alt hunter has a 4.6k GS and is pulling 6k in VoA and Weekly's and such as Surv.

For MM you NEED to have Silencing shot and Kill Command macro'd to all your shots. And as everyone else has said, get more ArP if you are going MM.

on my hunter just now and i have kill caomand and silancing shot macrod to chimeraaimed and sredy shot which opens up 2 avalible gcd's each rotation i got 5.7k gs (which imo means nothing to me)

i think the cross overpoint is 900 or 800 cant remember i have 595 arp (including DBW and some gems) thats it and i do nice dps

o

Quote Originally Posted by TrapTime
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Trapmaster --- my main

Few weeks after being geared up toward to 5.498gs and almost getting to 5500 dps in icc 10 man, 25 man 6k dps. I am still frusating getting toward to 6.5 dps.
    I have been doing rotation so far silencing shot,Serpent sting, Chimera shot, Aimed shot, Arcane shot. Chimera shot to refresh ss and does damage, aim shot, arcane shot, Sielcening shot. rinse and repeat. I don't understand why i am unable to get to 6k? What am i doing wrong? I have like 433 arp, 52% critical, and hit capped 355* atm going try aim below 280*

what am i doing wrong?

*meh, why is the link broken and unable to show my armory?*
    On your chest, the yellow socket should be an orange agil/crit gem to give you the socket bonus.

Drop Arcane shot from your priority list, only use it if you are moving.

You do not have any tier bonuses, if you have another T9 piece in bank, wear it to get 2x bonus.
    You need to work on getting more tier pieces for the bonus damage you get from them.

Macro silencing shot and pets kill command to your main shots as Silencing is off the GCD.
    Save you major cd for bloodlust ect to get the most out of them, and you can also pre-pot a speed or wild magic pot just b4 you pull.
    When you have to move in a fight, use your insta shots like sting and arcane.
    I usually fire my serpent sting 1st as I am moving into position, then I go into my priority rotation.

If you find yourself running out of mana a bit fast, move the talent point from Imp hunters mark into Efficiency.

My hunter Tenzi
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah
    I think you're supposed to just drop arcane shot with your ArP...

Are you using your cooldowns EVERY time?

Macroes might edge out a couple seconds if you aren't currently using them

But yeah, dropping that hit for a better stat will help, but also drop the Agi/Stam blue gems for a Nightmare tear

Didn't look at your spec, but I'm just guessing it's fine, unless you have points in Improved Arcane, then you can drop that since you're dropping Arcane Shot

Don't stack ArP til 800 ungemmed... But yeah, I'd drop Arcane shot
    Lol What? i mean seriously dude, what kinda gear is supposed to get u to 800 Arp w/o gemming? look at my gear in the armory.

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&cn=N&#238;ghtbane (i am on US servers) my armory link seems broken cause of the accent in the name so just copy my name " N&#238;ghtbane " and search it on us servers.

I have 4 peices of t10 (251) and Arp on most of my gear and with gems i have only 787 ArP. So it really amazes me to see u ask people to wait till they have 800 arp ungemed to start geming ArP

Quote Originally Posted by nidaime
    Since you already dropped your arcane shot thats good

You should gem for ArP until you get to 720ish plus NES. Don't gem to agility until you are at that point. You are nearly 3% over hit cap so drop some hit gear for some ArP/crit gear... even if that means down grading some gear. Always go for crit over haste with gear (such as getting the t10 shoulders over the pauldrons of lost hope).

Then change your pet spec so that you are getting culling the herd and you dont need the phoenix talent.

Since you have so much haste you might want to put glyph of chimera shot in and see how it wrks into your rotation. should go (during a fight) CS - AS - SSx3 then repeat. Simple rotation.

You can look at my spec (gear http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=eddiemoney)

I have roughly the same gear score and usually put out 9.5k 25man buffed (ie Lady Deathwhisper/fester/etc)
    wws parse or your lying
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, you're doing something wrong if you have a 5.4k GS and cant pull 6.5. My hunter has a 4.9k GS and pulls over 5k in heroics. 5.5kish in 10's and well over 6k in 25's. I'd sugest reevaluating your spec and gems. Another thing i noticed about your rotation is you didnt use readiness immediately after rapid fire, which, even though its small, is a dps loss. I usually use rapid fire after the first round of my rotation, then pop readiness, and go through the shots again. With this, on longer fights you might be able to get an extra rapid fire in, which always helps.
    Pavito: Troll SV/MM Hunter-US Cho'Gall

As was mentioned earlier there is a lot of misinformation in this post.

#1) Do not gem for ArP until you have at least 700-800 passive (ie. not counting gems) ArP on your gear.

#2) Do not use Arcane Shot in your rotation. While it is true that a single specced Improved Arcane Shot may be able to hit for slightly more damage than a single Steady Shot, Steady Shots pulls ahead when you consider Piercing Shots (Steady Shot crits bleed for an additional 30% damage), and proccing Improved Steady Shot (15% chance of your next Chimera, or Aimed Shot hitting for an extra 15% damage). The gear level where you should drop Arcane Shot from your rotation is quite low, that IMO it's not worth getting in the habit of using it at all.

As far as your gearing, it was mentioned that you are around 3% over the hit cap. Any sidegrade or even down grading you can do to drop hit will be a dps bonus. In your case just because something is from ICC doesn't necessarily mean it's an upgrade for you because you currently have a lot of wasted stats.

My "gearscore" is roughly the same as yours and I pull over 6.5k on a boss fight in a 5 man dungeon with crap buffs. In a raid depending on the nature of the fight (and available buffs) I will typically pull 8-9k. Clean up your rotation, pop your cooldowns as often as possible, Once mark and serpent sting are up it's as simple as Chimera, Aimed (or Multi), SSx4-5 (depending on your haste, lust, berserking, etc)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saintety
    Lol What? i mean seriously dude, what kinda gear is supposed to get u to 800 Arp w/o gemming? look at my gear in the armory.

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&cn=Nîghtbane (i am on US servers) my armory link seems broken cause of the accent in the name so just copy my name " Nîghtbane " and search it on us servers.

I have 4 peices of t10 (251) and Arp on most of my gear and with gems i have only 787 ArP. So it really amazes me to see u ask people to wait till they have 800 arp ungemed to start geming ArP
    last i recall, 2pc t9 + 2pc t10 > 4pc t10 (251 version). most people trying to hit the 800 arp pre gemming are doing so with 264 gear as well. you are also 3% over hit cap (assuming you have a draenei with you), thats actually a good amount of arp if you can get items to replace your hit gear. you can fit 3/3 focused aim if you need to, which would let you drop an additional 2% hit, and replace that with more armor pen again. it is doable, with the right gear. whether it available to you is another thing all together.
    wyrd bið ful aræd