Blood DK Overriding Trushot

When ever I raid with a Blood DK, his AP proc seems to override my Trushot. Buff from his proc shows up and my Trushot disappears, as soon as his proc falls off for what ever reason my Trushot comes back up. Does anyone know if it's actually being overriden or is it still active and not showing up with other buffs? I ask this because I have switched to Glyph of Trushot because femaledwarf says it should be a DPS increase. This Glyph requires my Trushot to be up in order to work but if it's being overriden by the DK proc it's worthless.

Our main 25 man group doesnt have a Blood DK atm but it does have an Enhance and the Enhance buff doesnt erase my Trushot at all. On occasion I do find myself in a 10 man or pug with a Blood DK so I want to get this firgured out.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Re: Blood DK Overriding Trushot

If you're more than 40 yards away from the DK in question, you won't be getting the buff, but it does not stack with trueshot, same as the enhance buff won't stack, even if both happen to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    If you're more than 40 yards away from the DK in question, you won't be getting the buff, but it does not stack with trueshot, same as the enhance buff won't stack, even if both happen to show.
    sigh....that's not the question I am asking and being 40 yards away is not always an option. I know they dont stack, I never asked if they did, so I dont know where you got that from. Reading always helps....The problem is my Trushot is being overriden by the DK proc, as in his buff shows up and mine disappears from my screen. Which it shouldn't since they are equal, and I have the Trushotglyph which requires my Trushot to be up in order to work. Blizz made changes to how buffs/debuffs are displayed and some are "active" but just dont show up on the screen. If the DK proc is indeed overriding my Trushot then it's a serious bug that Blizz would need to fix, even though I know they wont.

They let ppl not spec'd into Improved Hunters Mark override us ppl who are a long time ago for some unknown and stupid reason. All forum submissions and tickets about this issue have been met with "we do not consider it to be broken" so my faith in Blizz fixing things is at 0. I am just hoping this is a bug with how buffs are displayed and not how they are applied.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    sigh....that's not the question I am asking and being 40 yards away is not always an option. I know they dont stack, I never asked if they did, so I dont know where you got that from. Reading always helps....The problem is my Trushot is being overriden by the DK proc, as in his buff shows up and mine disappears from my screen. Which it shouldn't since they are equal, and I have the Trushotglyph which requires my Trushot to be up in order to work. Blizz made changes to how buffs/debuffs are displayed and some are "active" but just dont show up on the screen. If the DK proc is indeed overriding my Trushot then it's a serious bug that Blizz would need to fix, even though I know they wont.

They let ppl not spec'd into Improved Hunters Mark override us ppl who are a long time ago for some unknown and stupid reason. All forum submissions and tickets about this issue have been met with "we do not consider it to be broken" so my faith in Blizz fixing things is at 0. I am just hoping this is a bug with how buffs are displayed and not how they are applied.
    When two buffs have the same value, the most recently applied one will override the one that is viewed as having a shorter duration. This issue with the trueshot aura glyph has been known for nearly a year, but it's hard to fix because it's mired in the mechanics of the buff/debuff system. If Glyph of Trueshot Aura is that noticeable a DPS increase, you can macro a /cancelaura Abom's Might before /cast Aimed Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elam
    When two buffs have the same value, the most recently applied one will override the one that is viewed as having a shorter duration. This issue with the trueshot aura glyph has been known for nearly a year, but it's hard to fix because it's mired in the mechanics of the buff/debuff system. If Glyph of Trueshot Aura is that noticeable a DPS increase, you can macro a /cancelaura Abom's Might before /cast Aimed Shot.

/cancelaura Abom might
    /cancelaura Enhancment equivelent
    /cast Aimed Shot

Just find the exact correct wording for the 2 buffs that override trueshot aura. Though being honest, I do feel you are better with Steady, Serpent and Kill as your glyphs

#showtooltip aimed shot
    /cancelaura Abomination's Might
    /cancelaura Unleashed Rage
    /cast kill command
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast aimed shot

This is the aimed shot macro.... note that it only makes a difference IF you use the trueshot aura glyph

Thanks for the macro help, my guild is working on Sindragosa and Lich King atm and I switched to the Trushot glyph after looking at femaledwarf to tweak my dps. Hopefully with Abom's Might becoming an arua in 3.3.3, which should be tuesday, we wont need to worry about this any more.

Switching away from Killshot on sindragosa is a huge DPS loss because you spend so much more time moving making your specials much more valuable. Especially considering p1 and 2 is pretty much cake compared to p3
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial
    Switching away from Killshot on sindragosa is a huge DPS loss because you spend so much more time moving making your specials much more valuable. Especially considering p1 and 2 is pretty much cake compared to p3
    Pretty much this. DPS in p1 and p2 doesn't matter beyond making sure that Sindy doesn't do too many air phases. P3 is where the real fight happens, and glyph of kill shot should definitely be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Elam
    Pretty much this. DPS in p1 and p2 doesn't matter beyond making sure that Sindy doesn't do too many air phases. P3 is where the real fight happens, and glyph of kill shot should definitely be considered.
    This.

You can't always rely on femaledwarf and other such things, yeah they help a lot, but using your brain to think for yourself helps a lot too. These things base their information on perfect situations and aren't always completely accurate.