Bryntoll, Tiny Abom in a Jar

I have 2 quick questions...

First concerning Bryntoll, does the amount of damage done by its life stealing effect get benefit from spell power? I was looking at my recount today and noticed it was hitting for about 3k or so. I dont have the recount in a screen shot but does it gain benefit from spell power?

The second thing was concerning Tiny Abom in a Jar. Im currently at 11% hit (every upgrade thats come by has had hit on it so far) and, to me, it seems like Tiny Abom in a Jar wouldnt be a huge help just because it would be stacking even more hit onto what I already have. I know its the proc that makes it BiS, but is it still worth getting even with the already high amount of hit I have?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Re: Bryntoll, Tiny Abom in a Jar

Not sure about part 2, but Byrntroll is not affected by SP or AP. I get between 3200-3900 on every proc.. usually 3377 is what mine procs at.

Deleted

Regardless of hit, TAiaJ is Top Priority.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zannthos
    Not sure about part 2, but Byrntroll is not affected by SP or AP. I get between 3200-3900 on every proc.. usually 3377 is what mine procs at.
    Byrntroll IS affected by your SP, although I dont know the exact coefficient.

For the second question: Yes, the proc outweighs any "wasted" hit rating, and in BiS plate 25 non-heroic gear, you are actually still under the hit cap with TAJ.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin

First concerning Bryntoll, does the amount of damage done by its life stealing effect get benefit from spell power? I was looking at my recount today and noticed it was hitting for about 3k or so. I dont have the recount in a screen shot but does it gain benefit from spell power?

The second thing was concerning Tiny Abom in a Jar. Im currently at 11% hit (every upgrade thats come by has had hit on it so far) and, to me, it seems like Tiny Abom in a Jar wouldnt be a huge help just because it would be stacking even more hit onto what I already have. I know its the proc that makes it BiS, but is it still worth getting even with the already high amount of hit I have?
    it gain benefit from % damage talents and effect if i remember right
    like curse of the elements, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20057, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31869, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31868, etc.
    but i dont think it get a bonus from sp

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    it gain benefit from % damage talents and effect if i remember right
    like curse of the elements, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20057, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31869, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31868, etc.
    but not bonus sp
    Was it only the release version that was affected by SP then? I know one version was...

i think its effected by sp or ap im not too sure

but TAiaJ's hit ammount allows you to take away pieces that have alot of hit to begin with, and replace those items with BiS leather, there is alot of it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Was it only the release version that was affected by SP then? I know one version was...
    fixed my post, to the not sure :P

10+ Year Old Account

The bryntroll proc is affected by dmg modifiers and healing modifiers, i.e the talent divinity will let you get 5% more life from the lifesteal.
    It is not affected by Ap or SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glutton
    Yes, the proc scales with your +% all damage talents and abilities (Crusade, Sense Undead, Sanctified Retribution, Avenging Wrath) and the proc scales with +% magic damage abilities (CoE/Ebon Plague/EoM). It does not scale with +% physical damage talents and abilities (Vengeance, Blood Frenzy/Savage Combat). The proc will also scale with +% hit and +% spell hit abilities if you are below the spell hit cap.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin

When I got Taj rawr said it was a 300 dps upgrade over herkumi while i was over the hitcap....so ya its better

you arent taking taj for the hit. you are taking it for the proc. and is hit on every one of your pieces? because that much hit screams hit trinket, and that should be replaced with taj.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin