Leveling Druid... help pls!

I'm leveling a druid alt, who is currently level 53. I just respec'd into Resto and Balance, and decked her out in all available heirloom gear. So here's my question...

I'm trying to find a guide on how to level a boomkin, but primarily through dungeons with the new LFG tool. Every guide I've found is based on solo-leveling, which the mobs in dungeons are dying too fast to use, or level 80 stuff.

What are my primary abilities or rotations for running mid-level dungeons? Does anyone know of a guide that has been updated for the LFG tool? Thanks for any help!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling Druid... help pls!

Well honestly feral lvling is best. But boomkin is there isnt really a rotation at the low of a lvl till you get into eclipse. then just rotate like at lvl i thinks.

spec feral tank dungeons. markpursel is the man! wootsauce
    blah blah blah, I post win, sometimes.

If there was a guide with the lfg tool implanted it would just say QUEUE ,
    Just keep to your regular questing while having the queue up all the time as a healer you'll get them queue's really fast and just fly through those lvl's .

I was boomkin till 58 then feral tank till 80. All I did was spam hurricane on 3+ and spammed wrath, moonfire, starfall rinse repeat. Loved fearl tank but at 80 went cat dps. Still need to get a few more pieces before bear tank again. I never start tanking unless I'm decently geared since I hate fresh 80 tanks thinking they can tank heros not even close to def cap. >

Edit: In this case not having good enough stats for heros.

Ignore everyone telling you what spec to level in. If you want to level Boomkin, level Boomkin.

The name of the game in dungeons anymore is just aoe, aoe, aoe. Even if it's only a pull of two mobs, more often than not, people aoe. Get used to using Hurricane a lot, and Starfall (once you have it) in appropriate situations (had a boomkin in a random Underbog earlier that would pop Starfall whenever it was off CD and pull way more than necessary, and then coincidentally, die). Also, Typhoon (once you have it) is viable aoe damage, but if you're going to random, I highly suggest glyphing it so the knockback function goes away (previous mentioned boomkin would also Typhoon constantly, which pissed the tank off. He continued doing so even after being asked to stop which, again coincidentally, led to him being kicked). For boss pulls, I'd take a look at the stickies at the top of the page for appropriate rotations (of course ignoring talents that you don't have, yet), although I'm sure you could just get away with Moonfire + Wrath spam for the dungeons you're in.

Edit: Holy parenthesis. Sorry. ><

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Yes, do what you like best. I just happened to like feral tank since I could tank heros and just roam around kiting mobs in bear and killing them all. I'd be going backwards swiping everything to death and end up with like 5-10 mobs. XD So fun. Also was able to solo most elites with stuns, hots and tinks/survival thing to inc hp.

Whenever I lvled as dps I'd just quest and stay in q. So you'd get exp from questing and a boost from instance running.

I leveled my druid as a boomkin also, but it was mostly through solo play. Depending on how long your queues are, you might want to just stick with a solo leveling spec while in dungeons.

For solo leveling, I focused on rooting the target, mana regen/reduction talents, and direct damage. I didn't even bother picking up Eclipse. Also, DoT damage isn't too useful if things die too quickly.

If you're in groups, you might want to pick up the AoE talents. You may find that Eclipse/DoTs are more useful on bosses. Again, if you're spending a lot of time queuing, you might as well stick with a solo spec.

I leveled to 58ish back in BC as feral when neither cat nor owl was good then switched to boomkin til 70 and have raided arenaed and raided more since as boomkin. On the climb to 70 and from 70 to 80 stuff I found that stuff is gonna die faster than it will even really be worth to swap spells for eclipse. Half the time its not even worth rooting solo mobs bc they don't hurt you much in moonkin form and you'll kill it in a few spells anyway. If you quest a lot my advice is simply wrath spam and starfall/typhoon where applicable.

Now if you get into a BT run with 80s then attack a boss by throwing up IFF, both dots, trees, starfall then wrath til eclipse then starfire. Refresh whichever dot you proc an eclipse for and keep up thewrath/starfire twisting.

Its much more complicated than wrath spam but its pretty effortless once you get used to it. Leveling won't really give you a great idea of what its like to be boomkin unless you run instances a lot but depending on the content you may not even be able to get a solid rotation going with stuff dying all the time, my destro lock was like that too. I do love this spec more than any of my other toons or their specs so I hope you'll enjoy moonkin too.