Thread: new shaman

new shaman

Hello i have been thinking about rolling a shaman through the 'new' lfg system. I love instancing, specially in the lower brackets I already got a priest (rather good geared pvp healer) druid (full t9healer pve healer, i have heard so much about druids being immortal, but it will take so much farming to get pvp gear) and mage at 80, but im constantly curious how it would be to play x class 8-) I love pvp healing but don't stand back if I get the option to burst I have great fun with both roles, but don't mind healing at all. Is shaman a good choice to try or should I stick to my other toons.

Regards Zarmful, bloodfeather EU.

Deleted

Re: new shaman

If you like being an offensive healer then preist will always be better. But this completely depends on what you mean BGS or arena? In Bgs restoration shamans compete very well and can use offensive burst abilitys as well. In arena its take a lot of practise and as soon as you go above 2.2mmr you can't do any sort of offensive play (apart from purge/interupting). The most you can really do is a Flame shock, lava burst + CL combo to try and finish someone off.
    From what you have said, a shaman should be good a healer for you. But (and I think most would agree) preists are a hell of alot more fun in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: new shaman

shamans are much more easy tho ^.^
    if you want some offensive fun in arena / bgs make an elemental offspec, nothing is more satisfying than blowing someone up with well timed cds or blasting people off the bridge in blade's edge, the platform in dalaran, the cliff in AB or the abyss in eots XD