Boomkin Gear Assistance!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ivh&cn=Aurawin

My problem is this, I'm getting ready to buy the mats for the BoE 264 Boots and I'm wondering which would be the biggest dps increase. Whether it is the sandals of consecration, Deathfrost boots, or the earthsoul boots. I'd love any help I could sneak out of the community. tyvm

Aurawin - Medivh

Re: Boomkin Gear Assistance!

Your haste raiting and hit raiting are both good allready idk the name but get whichever one adds crit you are like 7% under the soft cap

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzi
    Your haste raiting and hit raiting are both good allready idk the name but get whichever one adds crit you are like 7% under the soft cap
    Her haste is not good, it's actually rather high given that gear level. Mag'hari Chieftain's Staff really isn't that great for a balance druid. It's really nice for resto druids hitting the haste cap, but you really want to start swapping out some haste gear to push yourself near the crit cap. After that, haste should fall in naturally with high levels of ICC gear.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

To be honest, the crafted boots all kind of suck, especially consider both 10 and 25 drop pretty good ones. If you are dead set on getting crafted, I'd get the crit/hit ones simply so you can ditch that awful trinket you have. I realize you need the hit currently with your gear setup, but being a class that has such a low hit cap, you should never devote a trinket to it.

you're not at soft cap, therefore your haste is poorly stated. You need to drop that haste for crit.

think about getting boots of the frozen seed, or something like that, i think it's a icc10 gunship drop, if not mistaken

Well, ideally you'd want to replace the spirit with crit, not the haste... but if you can, crit over haste with your gear at least.
    Atm your armory is showing 108 hit rating, which would be quite horrible. Guessing thats not normally the case, since previous posters have said its fine.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49890 is obviously the best choice if you're able to drop enough hit on other parts of your gear, but if not then http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49893 . As others have mentioned, none of the boots are really very good.

Deleted

Lets be fair, you can't always get customized gear that puts you perfectly on the caps. Heck, if i had some shabby Naxx item (its a guess!), i would still take an upgrade, even if it wasn't optimal for my gear. Haste isn't bad, but we all agree that in OP's case, crit would be better.

Thus, the answer is as such: Work on your crit. If you have a way to trade some of your haste for crit, until you reach 32ish+ crit, do that