best profession for a warlock and how to level 'm fast?

Hi, just got laughed at because i'm a skinner, I know JC and Enchanting and Tailoring are best profs for casters but how to lvl 'm fast?

Thanks

Re: best profession for a warlock and how to level 'm fast?

Some ppl never stop amazing you

Quote Originally Posted by Lichiz
    Hi, just got laughed at because i'm a skinner, I know JC and Enchanting and Tailoring are best profs for casters but how to lvl 'm fast?

Thanks
    Buy it all on the auction house is the fastest way to level any profession, did you really need some guy at MMO-champion to tell you that?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Ok here is a better answer. My warlock is a Enchanter/ Tailor. I use Tailoring to make greens and then I DE them to get the mats for Enchanting. I have had to spend very little money on the AH to lvl both.

You could also do the same with Jewel crafting. make the greens to DE. Only diff is you would have to buy the JC mats or have an Alt feed them to you. With Tailoring you can get most of the mats from the Mobs you kill while questing doing dailys Ect.

One thing I would suggest is keep whatever leather you currently have. Since some of the Tailoring recipies call for it. I hope this advice is helpfull. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by babyback
    Some ppl never stop amazing you
    What's that, oh yea that some people don't know ins and outs of a game... amazing I know

OP, Engineering is good as a lock, only thing is Blizzard leaves engineer out from high end schematics, hopefully that will change soon... but can't beat parachute cloak/rocket boot fun

there is a guide can help you click my signnature

For stat bonuses, stay away from mining (you don't need +stamina), herbing (you don't need the healing bonus), and skinning doesn't do much for you (+crit is not that high on your list).

All the other profs have useful bonuses (I think, I can't recall the LW fur lining bonus for casters and if it is any good). I will leave you to consider potential profit/cost to level issues.

I'm levelling a lock right now with mining and Eng. Gonna drop mining at 80 probably for enchanting(Shoulder enchants.)

Anyways, this is what each prof offers. If it stacks with enchants, it's noted.
    Blacksmithing
    - Offers an extra colourless gem slot in your bracers and gloves(stacks with enchants)
    Enchanting
    - Offers ring enchants.(+23sp each)
    Engineering
    - Offers a Haste CD on your gloves(340 for 12 sec, 1 min CD)
    - permanent +sp to cloak with CD slowfall
    - Belt: Either a Cobalt bomb(6min CD) or EMP(1min CD)(which can detonate Explosive Decoys and stuns all mechanicals in range) EMP is better
    - Boots: +340% for 5 sec speed boost(3 min CD, can fail) and 24 crit rating
    - Superior shoulder enchants(70sp/15crit)
    Jewelcrafting
    - BoP JC items and three JC-only gems.
    Leatherworking
    - 76SP Bracer enchant but useless leg enchants(75ap/22crit and 55stam/22agi)
    Tailoring
    - If you're just entering Northrend, you'll be getting a nice steady supply of decent gear the whole way up to the start of raiding/heroics.
    - Lightweave proc enchant on cloak, 295sp for 15 sec, 45sec internal CD, proc rate about 50% Doesn't proc on dot ticks

Looking at that(First time I've actually done that myself) I'd say Engineering, Blacksmithing, Inscription or Enchanting. Stat wise, just at a glance BS/Ench would probably be the best combo as they don't replace any enchants, even though BS's items do nothing at all for you. (Other than maybe to make some BOP items to annoy any plate wearers around you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lichiz

Thanks
    First off, this is some research you can do yourself. The guy above me was nice enough to break down all the professions for you, so pick what you want from there.

As for how to powerlevel them, in addition to the numerous web sites that will tell you this, the stickies in the professions section, the internet, and the warcraft site, you can also figure most of it out yourself. It will be expensive most likely, as leveling a profession always is.
    Is this where the header goes?