DW DK tanking weapon choices

I have recently changed from 2h blood tank to DW frost tank and was considering pvping to get wrathful 1 hand axes since they have alot more stam than anything else i've seen (axes cos i am an orc) just wondering if i have missed somthing major with this idea since i haven't seen anyone else mention it, also i have no probs with threat or survival really

armoury http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...de&n=Kalzakath

Re: DW DK tanking weapon choices

Good idea getting pvp weapons for the extra stamina and sockets.. Can't get much stamina off 1h's, usually >.<
    Just be sure they're slow, and you're doing fine.
    Stay defense capped and the sort -- there is the new Nerubian Carapace rune you can use now for defense, so that makes things much easier.
    I wanna put an emphasis on the weapons, though. Please don't use fast weapons, haha, that hurts everybody in a way.. I can't describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

The only time to use fast weapons is when your TPS makes zero difference, mainly in offtanking roles. You want to use the fast 1h tanking weapons that warrior and pallies use for that, for the extra stam and avoidance stats on them. This is good on marrowgar and blood queen, for instance.

yea i know about using slow weapons the plan is to get the mainhand and offhand 2.60 speed axes, and was just mainly doubling checking i hadn't missed anything lol, cos i never seen this idea on any guides ect so thought there must of been a big problem i missed :P

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not that popular. I find Frost DW the funnest of the bunch, though.
    Considering its buffs incoming, I might mess around with it in 3.3.4 a bit.

I'm not sure losing all the agi is worth the very small amount of stam you get vs normal weapons.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

90-100 agil = how much armor/dodge?

90-100 agil = how much armor/dodge?
    62 Agility gives 135 Armor, 0.51% dodge and 1.09% crit
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

15+ Year Old Account

1 Agility is 2 Armor
    and ~0,02% dodge before DR.

Comparing the Wrathful Gladiator's Chopper to a Bloodvenom Blood, same iLvL, average damage, speed, therefore DPS, etc., the difference in terms of Sta is 65 (presuming an obvious Solid in the socket), or 76 after FP/NC/BoK. Likely the Resil is wasted due to the ease of being over defense capped, but you gain 38 more AP. With the Bloodvenom you are losing the 62 Agi, about half a Dodge, over a Crit, and a small amount of armor, as well as 46 ArP and 46 Hit.

Essentially you are losing 92 Hit, 92 ArP, 0.756% Crit, likely just beyond 1% Dodge, and 282 Armor (assuming BoK) for a gain of 152 Sta and 76 AP with the Choppers. If you are already PvPing and find these weapons simpler to get than the luck from Saurfang25 they are not a bad choice. I would use Bloodvenoms before Wrathful Choppers, but I would certainly not avoid the axes.