Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Next WoW Killer?

    WORLD OF LORDCRAFT! http://www.worldoflordcraft.com/

    I've already cancelled my WoW subscription this game looks amazing.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral BananaInsane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Yeah totally
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

  3. #3

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Naga
    Naga was originally a branch of elf race. Due to the desire for spells, they signed a pact with the demons to gain powerful magic, which also turned them into slaves.

    FACEPALM
    i am boycotting wow until i get to play protoss

  4. #4

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Posted already ages ago.
    If I remember right it had a key logger on the site too.

  5. #5

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    The keylogger may be real or not, but my keys seem safe.

    I don't remember where, but apparently somewhere it says that it's a WoW fan game. Such as Murloc RPG:

    http://www.andkon.com/arcade/adventu...glethornfever/
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

  6. #6

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    They have a cinematic now... and with it already being hilarious with its many knockoffs of Warcraft, there's a Type-o in the cinematic. I am starting to wonder if this is a joke.

  7. #7

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    The next wow kill will be hello kitty online 2.


  8. #8

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    I'm sure the real WoWkiller will be GC accidentally pulling the plug from the servers and sticking into his mouth, hoping it's a cup of ginandcoffee.

  9. #9

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    I thought this was going to be a discussion about legit games that could surpass WoW. I see two on the horizon, Star Wars Old Republic and Final Fantasy XIV. The only thing WoW has really is how comfortable and settled in people are with this game. I mean why go start over in a superior game when you have 5 level 80's all decked out in ilevel 232 epics?

  10. #10

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerby
    WHY IS THERE NOW ALREADY A LAWSUIT ON THIS ALREADY ??? :-X

    Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about legit games that could surpass WoW. I see two on the horizon, Star Wars Old Republic and Final Fantasy XIV. The only thing WoW has really is how comfortable and settled in people are with this game. I mean why go start over in a superior game when you have 5 level 80's all decked out in ilevel 232 epics?
    I agree with these games being the next "big" thing, while I'm not much a star wars nut I could see myself switching to FFIV

  11. #11

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    I mean why go start over in a superior game when you have 5 level 80's all decked out in ilevel 232 epics?
    QFT.

    This applies even to MMOs that already are out. Why should I leave friends, my decked out characters, all my gold and stuff just to start over in any other game where I have zero of everything?

    The incentives can't just be "the graphics are amazing and you have a million and one different ways to customize your character". It's not enough anymore.

    Champions Online for example had a very good character customization but the rest of the game is just a mess. And that's the problem most MMOs seem to have; they start off very promising but then all of a sudden you reach a black void where there's no content whatsoever.

    Age of Conan was hailed as the WOW killer based on its "amazing graphics" and the game engine (with DX10) was supposed to be superior anything else ever seen. Problem was the game engine was buggy, not finished and the usual lack of content shone with its presence very early on.

    Warhammer Online and Aion both had their incentives ("massive PVP!!1" and "You can fly!"). But in the end the ideas weren't good enough to attract large audiences, and since some of the ideas used generally were really good I bet Blizzard will steal it and modify and put it into a future patch.

    The "downfall of WoW", if you may call it that, will not be another MMO. 11+ million people won't emigrate to another game in an instant, that's not gonna happen. Instead I think it's Blizzard themselves that will retire it when they feel they have nothing more to put into it and want to break new boundaries with the new soon-to-be-announced MMO.

    What might put a dent into WoW's subscriber base is a rock solid MMO with an established mythology and a base where you can expand the game into various directions. Now, we've just had Startrek Online and from what I've seen and read it's not going to be a smash-hit anytime soon.
    Earthfall Online has the promise of becoming a sort of Fallout MMO but I haven't played it myself and not read much about it. Might be a contender in a year or two which is the timeframe we're looking at anyway.

    Bioware's Star Wars MMO is probably the only MMO I can see where people might put their WoW subscription on hold for a month or two just to try the game out and stay. It's not a gamble to say it has its loyal fanbase already, both the company itself and the Star wars universe.

    Only time will tell.

  12. #12

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    The next wow kill will be hello kitty online 2.
    This idea sounds the best.

  13. #13

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    QFT.

    This applies even to MMOs that already are out. Why should I leave friends, my decked out characters, all my gold and stuff just to start over in any other game where I have zero of everything?

    The incentives can't just be "the graphics are amazing and you have a million and one different ways to customize your character". It's not enough anymore.

    Champions Online for example had a very good character customization but the rest of the game is just a mess. And that's the problem most MMOs seem to have; they start off very promising but then all of a sudden you reach a black void where there's no content whatsoever.

    Age of Conan was hailed as the WOW killer based on its "amazing graphics" and the game engine (with DX10) was supposed to be superior anything else ever seen. Problem was the game engine was buggy, not finished and the usual lack of content shone with its presence very early on.

    Warhammer Online and Aion both had their incentives ("massive PVP!!1" and "You can fly!"). But in the end the ideas weren't good enough to attract large audiences, and since some of the ideas used generally were really good I bet Blizzard will steal it and modify and put it into a future patch.

    The "downfall of WoW", if you may call it that, will not be another MMO. 11+ million people won't emigrate to another game in an instant, that's not gonna happen. Instead I think it's Blizzard themselves that will retire it when they feel they have nothing more to put into it and want to break new boundaries with the new soon-to-be-announced MMO.

    What might put a dent into WoW's subscriber base is a rock solid MMO with an established mythology and a base where you can expand the game into various directions. Now, we've just had Startrek Online and from what I've seen and read it's not going to be a smash-hit anytime soon.
    Earthfall Online has the promise of becoming a sort of Fallout MMO but I haven't played it myself and not read much about it. Might be a contender in a year or two which is the timeframe we're looking at anyway.

    Bioware's Star Wars MMO is probably the only MMO I can see where people might put their WoW subscription on hold for a month or two just to try the game out and stay. It's not a gamble to say it has its loyal fanbase already, both the company itself and the Star wars universe.

    Only time will tell.
    Star Wars and Final Fantasy XIV are going to have this effect. Alot of WoW's early population were Final Fantasy XI defects. FFXIV has said they learned from their mistakes and have used WoW as a success model.

    Star Wars is made by Bioware who is known for greatness. Plus its Star Wars so that garners alot of interest from the start.

    Up till now there hasn't been an MMO based off of anything interesting lore wise that could have potential to hurt WoW's playerbase. Lord of the Rings...but it was poorly done. People are getting bored with WoW left and right now, Catacylsm might regain some interest but it will diminish a month or so after it is gone. I don't see WoW dying off or really losing too much steam...as Warcraft enthusiasts will still play...in addition to those without access to decent gaming computers by todays standards. That is one thing World of Warcraft is good at, running well on a shit computer.

    Final Fantasy and Star Wars both have considerably larger fan bases then Warcraft. I would venture to guess that 60% of World of Warcrafts population didn't ever play a Warcraft game prior to playing World of Warcraft...it was just "Hey I'll play this because its popular and people seem to like it". It is going to be interesting to say the least, I just hope they make the games right so it doesn't end up being an abomination like Star Trek Online or LoTR.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Rivehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,967

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger


    Star Wars is made by Bioware who is known for greatness. Plus its Star Wars so that garners alot of interest from the start.

    This was lost after there half ass of a job at the dragon age expansion.

  15. #15
    Field Marshal Shadeshock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    52

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    BUILD AN UNPRECEDENTED 8 BIT CASTLE, NEVER SURRENDER YOUR FREEDOM!

  16. #16

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarus

    This was lost after there half ass of a job at the dragon age expansion.
    Expansions and DLC from Bioware have always been subpar when compared to the original game. Mass Effect 2? Amazing game. Firewalker DLC? My 12 year old niece could of done a better job at designing it.

  17. #17

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    WoW won't die until Blizzard kills it.

  18. #18

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    "NEVER SURRENDER YOU FREEDOM" lolwut

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Lancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,181

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Blizzard's early April fool's joke.

  20. #20

    Re: Next WoW Killer?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    Expansions and DLC from Bioware have always been subpar when compared to the original game. Mass Effect 2? Amazing game. Firewalker DLC? My 12 year old niece could of done a better job at designing it.
    Pulls out Mass Effect and starts downloading it anyways.

    Hover Mako Tank ftw (I liked the first Mako)

    <After Playing>
    Eh, Hover Mako was ... alright. I still like the first Mako. Also, the only one who spoke during those 5 missions was the V.I., it was awkward to not have a single line from anyone (Voice actors must've been off the payroll)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •