Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Next WoW Killer?

Such an awesome game :

i have only one in my mind.Star Wars The Old Republic form biowere.but....still i dont think that it could "kill" wow
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Wow didn't kill any major mmo's, hell even UO is still running (13 years now?) - wow didn't even kill the original 2d mainstream mmo!

What makes you think any new games will kill wow? Mmo's generally don't kill one another, they just spread the players out thinner between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek
    Wow didn't kill any major mmo's, hell even UO is still running (13 years now?) - wow didn't even kill the original 2d mainstream mmo!

What makes you think any new games will kill wow? Mmo's generally don't kill one another, they just spread the players out thinner between them.
    ^ This. And MMO's don't go out with the intention of killing each other, they go with the intent of getting entirely new players from the Fan Base of another Story Universe.
    (at least some do, others like AoC had a arrogant little prick judging WoW as Mc Donalds and AoC as Fine Dining. I wonder what he's doing now?)

I am from the future. WoW cannot die. Instead it becomes SkyNet and is the source of the first Terminator. Or the last terminator depending on which movie you saw last/first...whatever. The point is WoW lives forever.

the day wow is *killed* is the day i will parade down main street during saint patrick's day with my pants around my ankles and my shirt over my head, being tailed by a englishmen riding on a midget's shoulders, whacking me with a wifflebat screaming GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!1!!
    meta old god of doom is real!

Black Prophecy

- the gfx is nice
    - its free 2 play
    - reakktor working on this for about 4 years now
    - not boring as EvE

15+ Year Old Account

Next wow killer is obviously a pokemon mmo. Unfortunately, most of the people who play it are 6 and are terrible at it and scream at everybody calling other people noobs...wait a minute, that sounds familiar...but where?!

A Pokemon MMO would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeshock
    BUILD AN UNPRECEDENTED 8 BIT CASTLE, NEVER SURRENDER YOUR FREEDOM!
    Sorry, i had to fix a typo you made :P.

diablo 3. if you go on diablo 2 online there is still a ton playing.

Quote Originally Posted by goblez
    diablo 3. if you go on diablo 2 online there is still a ton playing.
    wont effect Blizzard....its their game and i can play diablo and wow...

Probably Alganon
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

I love how there's an obvious typo in the video. Never surrender you freedom. Just like an asian camwhore that doesn't quite speak English.

it has a better chance than Aion... that game just sucked...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

15+ Year Old Account

The only game that SW:TOR will kill off is Star Wars Galaxies as that population base will finally move onto a better SW universe.

Deleted

Wow, I don't even know why there isn't a "Cease and Desist" from Blizz yet. Just on the main homepage I can count 3 Blizzard property's creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie
    The only game that SW:TOR will kill off is Star Wars Galaxies as that population base will finally move onto a better SW universe.
    I'm surprised SWG still exists. I've never been interested in playing it and after the tragedy with the changes they did I feel even less inclined to try it. However, I'm very excited about trying out SW:TOR. I really hope that game will be as brilliant as it should be.

Deleted

Heh, just take a look at the "World" and "Races" pages.

EDIT: But of course as this is a "fangame", it's totally ok.

This is, fail, in so many ways.
    As long as it's free....