Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral Crit Cap with Totem of Wrath / Master Poisoner

Woa, I so messed up there, im sorry. You are right. For some reason I was thinking about Ferocious Bite, but even still 73% is not the cap for FB. Idk what I was on an hour ago when I said that >.> Please ignore what I said.

76.8% would be the Crit cap for Ferocious Bite:

Assuming a Bleed is on the target (25%) and the debuff is on the target (3%)

Imagine it this way, think: "I want a 100% chance to Crit on this Ferocious Bite, the target is bleeding, so I don't need 25%... I'll need 75%. The boss has the 3% increased chance to be critically hit debuff on him, so I will then only need 72%, but... he's a Boss! I'll need another 4.8%"
    Specials ignore Glancing Blows, so assuming you are Hit/Exp capped, for any non-Talent buff'd ability to be 100% chance to crit, your Yellow cap is 101.8%

from elitest jerks

Crit Caps
    4.8% of our white Crits will always be converted into white hits against bosses. We can't reduce our chance to normally hit with white attacks below 4.8%.
    Our Critchance with Yellow Attacks is reduced by 4.8% against bosses. But we actually CAN convert all our hits into crits.

link

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t63774-f...ps_discussion/

ACCORDING TO THIS we cant pass the 4.8% crit supression for WHITE ATTACKS..

PROVIDE PROOF of mechanics change to convince me otherwise.. that means blue posts etc not a picture .. this must have been changed since 3.2.2 if you are correct

The Crit Cap and You
    Once you start collecting a lot of very good gear, especially Icecrown-quality gear, you will start to bump up against the crit cap. Due to the way the combat table works for white attacks, if your chance to glance, miss, be dodged, and crit all add up to 100%, you cannot increase your white crit rate any further.
    For ease of use by average players, all final crit cap numbers are as they would appear on your character sheet in a standard 25-man raid, and assume the presence of all raid buffs. This number will be higher than your actual crit rate on the boss, due to the level difference. You should check it in combat, with permanent effects (including your idol) active.
    To find your white crit cap, subtract your chance to miss (8% minus your hit chance) and your chance to be dodged (6.5% minus your expertise's dodge reduction) from 77.8%. For instance, with no hit or expertise rating at all, but specced for primal precision, it's 77.8% - 8% - 4% = 65.8%. If your crit chance was higher than that, your white attacks would not crit more, however your special attacks, which are calculated differently, would.
    Once you hit the crit cap, models suggest you should in fact stack hit and expertise to their respective caps. This moves your crit cap up, making crit more valuable again. Once you reach the hard crit cap of 77.8% (again, character sheet number), the hit cap, and the expertise cap, you should gem armor penetration to cap if you haven't already (soft cap if you have a trinket that grants ArP, hard cap otherwise), and then finally, most likely strength beyond that point.
    A recent hotfix to boss crit suppression removed a 4.8% chance to hit that couldn't be overcome. If you see in another guide either 76% or 71.2%, it's outdated.
    Since this guide's aim is for you to have to do as little math as possible, I give the number that you will get if you look on your character sheet while in combat. Assuming hit and expertise caps, you will become white crit capped when you have 77.8% crit on your character sheet.
    Demoneater - WoW Druid Forums: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...64788935&sid=1
    He doesn't post incorrect information, several theorycrafter's including Yawning (the person who maintain's Toskk's) have backed him up. Biznick (sorry if i spelled that wrong) has done test's and linked EJ Forums where they also have determined that the suppression is gone. I couldn't find them last time I looked, but someone else did so hopefully they read this and post it.

Thanks for the clarification and proof piggy!

BTW 78.2 is WITH master poisoner im guessing? without it the cap would be 80.8?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hjhx
    Thanks for the clarification and proof piggy!

BTW 78.2 is WITH master poisoner im guessing? without it the cap would be 80.8?
    Its 77.8 (80.8 without) and two people have already posted it in this thread yet you chose to say they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahamunra
    Imagine you have 77.8% crit, Hit/Exp capped:

Against a boss you will Glance 24%, Crit 76%, Hit 0%
    Because with your own Crit, you have filled the last 1.8% suppression.
    If you did NOT have the 3% on the boss, you would need 80.8%, to defeat the suppression 'by yourself'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxic
    Simply put, if you have the hit and expertise caps and the 3% crit raid buff, your white crit cap is:
    100% - 24% + 4.8% - 3% = 77.8%

^^

ACCORDING TO THIS we cant pass the 4.8% crit supression for WHITE ATTACKS..

PROVIDE PROOF of mechanics change to convince me otherwise.. that means blue posts etc not a picture .. this must have been changed since 3.2.2 if you are correct
    How is a picture not proof of a change in mechanics? Do you think I am that good at photoshop? Do you think the blue's give a crap about your crit caps? Did they make a blue post when they changed the melee hit cap from 9% to 8% on bosses?

I took the time to attack a heroic training dummy 2000 times to show you that crit suppression can be surpassed and you throw it out the window. Don't even know why I try.

piggy was the most help here period

his link provided the evidence i needed unlike your screen voxic, anyone can get lucky and not hit a dummy if their close to crit cap, i never accused you of photoshoping thats just stupid, stop whining

his link provided the evidence i needed unlike your screen voxic, anyone can get lucky and not hit a dummy if their close to crit cap, i never accused you of photoshoping thats just stupid, stop whining
    But your thinking at the time was that the crit suprresion on white hits couldn't be removed and hence at the crit cap 4.8% of attacks would be hits. So in his screen where he attacks 2000 times and doesnt get one hit you say thats lucky? Lucky? Do you have any idea what the probablitly of not getting 4.8% over 2000 rolls? Probably not.

Is there any marco, you can use to show what your crit cap is? (seens im abit under hit and crit cap) i know there is 1 for avoidence for tanks, so something like that?

Deleted

I don't think there is, but it's not that hard to take 77.8 and subtract how much you are below 6.5% expertise and 8% hit.

true that, was just to make it esay