Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Playwright Mistress Elizabeth's Avatar

Re: The REAL TANKING issue

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    Im a little confused here. At present there is a tanking shortage and the OP wants to make it so that you need more to run raids? Also when we do 25mans we go with 3 tanks and thought most people did. How come so many are saying that 25man is a 2 tank instance? I'll agree some fights are 2 tank fights but im pretty sure we use 3 on Lady Deathwhisper for sure and maybe even 3 on Morrowgar but not 100% sure on that one
    Im sorry, but there are NO tanking shortage.

There's just an over abundance of geared tanks that only play for their guild, or they just don't tank for random groups.

Why not tank for random groups? Please pick one or more reasons in the following list:

As a tank, I don't do random groups because...
    [_] I'm geared up already, so I don't need anything from heroics or the random pug raids.
    [_] I'm not in the mood to drag people or carry them through stuff.
    [_] I'm not interested in wasting time with people I don't know.
    [_] I'm not going to attempt X instance/raid with people I don't know what they know about the place.
    [_] I'm not going to risk paying many repair bills outside my guild group.
    [_] I'm not going to use my consumables with random people
    [_] I'm already helping people I know to gear up, I don't need random people taking loot from them.
    [_] I'm being carried to get geared up by my friends, I don't need random people taking my loot.
    [_] I don't pug.
    [_] I don't want to get random A holes.
    [_] I don't want to get random ninjas (or pirates?).
    [_] I want a quick run with good dps.
    [_] I can only do this instance/raid with friends I know how to play with (good example is Halls of Reflection, I never did that heroic without my disk priest and 2 good dps hand picked before entering LFD tool).
    [_] etc.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by AXXER
    Everyone is crying this tank class is too week or too strong. This is not the issue. The issue is for heroics and 10 mans tank ratio is 1 per healer per 3 dps. in 25 mans its 2 or 1 depending on boss per 5-6 healers and 18-20 dps. if your guild is running 2 ten mans, then TWO OF THOSE TANKS CAN'T GET IN AND PEEPS THAT ARE DPS OR HEALERS THAT ARE NOT IN THE 2 GROUPS ARE NEEDED. So what do you tell the tanks that can't come into 25s. All kinds of trash and you make some up. I know you guys are going to say that they can duel spec or run diff chars, but this doesn't fix the prob. Does anyone notice a tank shortage hmm why make a tank so you can be told you cant get gear cause only 2 peeps count. I've seen guild leaders say one week that kind of tank is not right and next week when his buddy is on its now the best. QUIT GETTING TANKS NERFED SO NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THEM. I belive the fix is make it so more tanks are needed in 25s
    In fact it does fix the problem

If your Gm/RL is clever he will be aware that you can't have the BIS for your offspec and that your dps will be lower than other's

Quote Originally Posted by Mistreseliza

[X] I'm geared up already, so I don't need anything from heroics or the random pug raids.
    [X] I'm not in the mood to drag people or carry them through stuff.
    [X] I'm not interested in wasting time with people I don't know.
    [_] I'm not going to attempt X instance/raid with people I don't know what they know about the place.
    [_] I'm not going to risk paying many repair bills outside my guild group.
    [_] I'm not going to use my consumables with random people
    [_] I'm already helping people I know to gear up, I don't need random people taking loot from them.
    [_] I'm being carried to get geared up by my friends, I don't need random people taking my loot.
    [_] I don't pug.
    [X] I don't want to get random A holes.
    [_] I don't want to get random ninjas (or pirates?).
    [_] I want a quick run with good dps.
    [_] I can only do this instance/raid with friends I know how to play with (good example is Halls of Reflection, I never did that heroic without my disk priest and 2 good dps hand picked before entering LFD tool).
    you asked. I answer =)

Why not tank for random groups? Please pick one or more reasons in the following list:

[_] I'm geared up already, so I don't need anything from heroics or the random pug raids.
    [X] I'm not in the mood to drag people or carry them through stuff.
    [X] I'm not interested in wasting time with people I don't know.
    [X] I'm not going to risk paying many repair bills outside my guild group.
    [X] I'm not going to use my consumables with random people
    [X] I'm already helping people I know to gear up, I don't need random people taking loot from them.
    [_] I don't pug.
    [X] I don't want to get random A holes.
    [X] I don't want to get random ninjas (or pirates?).
    [X] I want a quick run with good dps.
    [_] etc.
    [/quote]

Tadaa!
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara