A Few Questions..

I am new to the DK class, and i am greatly interested in Dual Wield Frost Tanking & DPS (i dislike using Two Handed Weapons).
    Please take the changes in patch 3.3.3 (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html) into consideration when answering:

1. What is Unholy Presence used for in Combat?
    2. As a DPS DK, when do i use Unholy Presence and when do i use Blood Presence in combat?
    3. What Runes (from Runeforging) should i use as a Frost Dual Wield Tank?
    4. What Runes should i use as a Frost Dual Wield DPS?
    5. What are the advantages & disadvantages of Frost Dual Wield Tanking?
    6. What are the advantages & disadvantages of Frost Dual Wield DPS?

Thank you for reading my questions and helping me out.
    Cheers!

Re: A Few Questions..

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-f..._3_3_new_hope/
    ^ Should answer all your questions, and more.

P.S. Don't use UH presence for dpsing. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    I am new to the DK class, and i am greatly interested in Dual Wield Frost Tanking & DPS (i dislike using Two Handed Weapons).
    Please take the changes in patch 3.3.3 (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html) into consideration when answering:

2. As a DPS DK, when do i use Unholy Presence and when do i use Blood Presence in combat?

Thank you for reading my questions and helping me out.
    Cheers!
    Don't use Unholy Presence in combat.
    Frost dual-wield dps should have razorice on the mainhand (stronger weapon) and fallen crusader on the offhand.
    Use Nerubian Carapace as a dual-wield tank until you're defense capped. If you already are capped from gear, use a Fallen Crusader. The 15% strength adds parry and threat. Always stay defense capped, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    1: For when the usefulness of the run speed outweighs the lost dps. This is almost never. Running from impale at anub hard mode is the only time I can remember having used unholy presence in pve.

2: You use unholy presence when running quickly is more important than doing damage, at all other times you use blood presence.

3: Nerubian carapace.

4: Fallen crusader on your main hand, razorice on your off hand. In situations involving a lot of target changing or aoe fallen crusader or cinderglacier are potentially better offhand enchants than razorice.

5: Slightly more avoidance and damage reduction than blood, significantly better aoe threat at the cost of lower effective health, worse cooldowns and higher frequency of parries. You also don't have will of the necropolis as frost, when it gets buffed in 3.3.3 this will make any non blood tanking spec effectively worthless for content where tank death is even remotely possible.

6: You bring the 20% melee haste buff at the cost of having low personal dps. In general people who are serious about their raid performance will only ever spec frost when it's the only option for the buff.

Thanks for replying.
    Can anyone else provide more information about my questions?

UP is used after combat to move slightly faster through the dungeon. Never a reason currently to use UP, unlikely any changes Blizzard wants to make will alter this without significantly increasing UP since you can no longer generate enough RP and you lack the excess an excess of Rune abilities to use.

Nerubian Chitin for both generally. Swordbreaking only increases your avoidance by .5% (NC is .5% to Parry, Dodge, and Miss, so 1.5% compared to 2% Parry) while giving you a 50% disarm reduction. If you are tanking dungeons you may consider Nerubian Chitin and Swordbreaking since a few mobs do disarm, but I have not noticed anything thus far which disarms me in ToC or ICC (maybe one of the Faction champs, but this is irrelevant since you are there to taunt, grip, and chains).

FC and RI as noted. FC is a definite, CG is too low a proc rate, so perhaps the only choice is to replace RI with another FC but you won't see a dramatic increase in uptime.

I prefer the reliability of 2% flat damage reduction 3% more avoidance, and 50% more time on IBF along with 33% uptime on UA used consistently for further physical damage reduction to the increased health pool and good CD of Blood. WotN will be about equal, I would say, with the flat damage reduction of Frost come 3.3.3, which should be very soon. Our AoE threat is quite good, too, with no loss to single target threat (which I have noticed). I imagine we will actually increase somewhat with the doubling of Str from UA, but the difference in threat gain will still be well within the ability of the player to determine.

As I have said before, if you are a somewhat less geared tank for raids or have unknown, untested healers, you may want to choose Blood for the greater health pool and personal "Oh Crap" button with VB. Raids often focus strictly on your health pool, and you will have 3% more Sta and, depending on your gear level, 75-150 more Sta easily from using a two-hander.