Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Need advice: My warlock is hated by pug players, and booted from 5 mans.

My Warlock is level 72 atm. This is my 5th character on route to 80. I have been playing wow since vanilla beta and have raided as a tank/healer/dps at endgame 60/70/80. I like to stay informed on everything wow using awesome websites like MMO-Champion. I have quested from level 1-72 and always stay in the random dungeon Que. Out of the ~100 or so 5 man dungeons I have run on my warlock, I have had to defend myself in 1/3 of them. The main problem I have been facing is Life-tap.

5 mans are just a repeat of aoe pulls now a days. For each 20 secs aoe trash pack, my mana will be drained from 100% to ~50%. So I Life-tap 3x to get to full mana. That puts me at ~50% health. At this point all the mobs are dead and there is nothing that could possibly damage me or anyone else until the next wave of mobs are pulled. So it's obvious that I am life-tapping. After every pack the healer, lets say I druid, puts rejuv/lifebloom/regrowth on me and then hits me with a healing touch when his hots already had me at 85% health. Point is, he's wasting his mana for no reason. Who cares if he has the gear to do it, but most don't and after 3-4 trash packs he tells the tank "OOM need time to drink". At this point I interject and politely say, "You don't have to heal me after I life-tap, I heal myself through my own dmg spells". Usually, my comment is ignored and the same thing continues. Very rarely I will come across a good healer that throws 1 hot on me after every pack, my replenishment more then makes up for that 1 hot. Even though it's not needed, I appreciate it.

Lately, from level 60-72, I have been attacked from other players especially the tank, telling me to stop wasting the healers mana and slowing the whole group down by life-tapping after every pull. I just laugh and say "I can't use the healers mana, that's on him, he knows I'm life-tapping, and we all know that I don't need him to heal me." "Hell, I'm even stopping to /eat after every pack but he doesn't listen". "Warlocks by design heal themselves through dmg done." Oh boy, now I've done it, I've gotten intellectual on them and apparently crushed their ego's. From this point on I'm getting attacked from all angles. I commonly hear, "My warlock is 5500 GS and I never have to life-tap, L2P nub". Or I hear, "LOL just don't heal this fag, watch him die and then he will be crying for heals". Obviously, I don't die, since I know how to do top dps and not pull aggro. I've even had jealous hunters who were getting beat so bad by me on the dmg done meters that they misdirect mobs to me and tell me that I'm a nub for pulling aggro.

Maybe the problem isn't me life-tapping, maybe it's that I'm doing top dps, while being polite, sharing quests, congratulating others and never picking a fight. This mature attitude is often discouraged by the majority or wow players. Because the majority of wow players are immature mouth breathers that think success is finishing off that case of beer and cheating on a college exam so they can pass a class.

My plea is that blizzard implements an intelligent, idiot proof random dungeon vote kick system that can look at things such dmg/healing done, recount's activity log, etc. I'm tired of busting my ass in a 5 man, not wasting a single GCD, doing great dps, being polite and explaining quests/strats to new players and being rewarded with a boot in the ass because people are jealous of my maturity. Or that they don't understand even the basics of how a class works, but feel the need accuse me of slowing the group down when I life-tap.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

Re: Need advice: My warlock is hated by pug players, and booted from 5 mans.

if you want to idiot proof it just find 2 freinds 1 tank and one healer to pug with that way you control the vote kick. as a side note my main is a warlock and i find most people dont know how to play there lock by ignoreing some of the better spells.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Most people who play Alliance are little jackasses who are only concerned with themselves. Next time this happens, just link a link to your Main's armory or something of the like.

dear disenfranchined warlock... i wish i could help you. as a resto shammy, it takes little but 1% of my mana to top you up with rip and lesser heal..

if i could... i would help

15+ Year Old Account

I know grouping with friends solves this problem. That isn't always an option. I know Blizzard knows that the majority of their subscribers are immature little brats. It wouldn't be hard for them to implement a system that would stop trolls and grief'ers from booting people for no reason.

"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

I just had to login and reply to this.

All I really have to say is... "Welcome to World of Warcraft". But I'd like to agree and chat a little about it.

WoW has changed alot along with the rest of the mmo scene. In my early days of playing mmo's people were helpful and there were alot of socializing. More socializing than just having a few good friends online and saying hi when joining groups. Player were more mature and there was a community based around the game.

This is not the case anymore... For my experience atleast. Players are just in and out for the reward. There's no "game" in the game anymore. It's a job and many are in for the pay of the day.

My advice is... Take WoW for what it is. Play it for what you like and ignore the rest. You will meet many, MANY idiots in this game and you will have to deal with them all. Having to battle everyone, explaining how they should behave or how they don't know anything or whatever it is... Just isn't viable. It's a waste of your time and fun. Best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Don't provoke the flaming trolls or feed the angry noobsters...

As for your plea at the end... I would advice you to reconsider... I mean more control and more templates for playing the game? I hate dungeon slackers too, to some extend even newbies( it's rare, but they do look like slackers when you've been playing wow for five years... How can there still be newbies?..).
    But I think that it would ruin the game even more, make it more asocial and making people focus even more on their pay for the day, not caring about other players.

Conclusion: I feel the same as you... But the aren't really anything you can do but quit. Either you take it for what it is and get the best of it with your friends and whatnot, or you leave it. I have weighed these two things too many times to count by now. Still I come online to check on my gamerfriends

EDIT: And I hope you read my post in between all the irrelevant rantings about which factions is the dumbest... *sigh*
    P.S - Come play with me on Kor'gall and I'll heal your life-tapping buttocks... or not. Whatever you prefer
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

Go quest.

lol wow you've run into some assholes man. It's not something that bugs me as a tank, even every now and then i'll see the HP drop and think "oh fuck whats hitting him!!??" but then i just laugh. on my Druid alt, like you said 1 Rejuv is more then enough to take them back to full life. I've heard enough healers give locks shit for LT that when i play my Druid the first thing i say is "feel free to life tap man" when i see a lock in my grp. one global cd is worth a full mana bar for someone. try saying something like "One rejuv is fine man, if i die you guys won't have to boot me, i'll leave on my own." or something along that line. other then that there is nothing you can do about the stupidity of other players.

QQ'ing about people not haveing a clue how other classes work at below 80 doesent seem too intelligent to me. QQ'ing on mmo forums seems even less intelligent.

An intelligent person would have understood that there are idiots everywhere and therefor would have found a way to handle it beside the QQ'ing.

You are not an intelligent person. You are expirienced with your 5 lvl 80's. But no, you are not intelligent.

Some people are just dicks.

When I was leveling my Warlock, i was encouraged to Life Tap. But, I dunno.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Welcome to the internet, people are not often nice to others here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duano
    QQ'ing about people not haveing a clue how other classes work at below 80 doesent seem too intelligent to me. QQ'ing on mmo forums seems even less intelligent.

An intelligent person would have understood that there are idiots everywhere and therefor would have found a way to handle it beside the QQ'ing.

You are not an intelligent person. You are expirienced with your 5 lvl 80's. But no, you are not intelligent.
    This is so useless... The OP is asking for some moral support or some stories and all you give is crap. Maybe you should reconsider your social talents.

EDIT: Ha ha it's getting late... I just busted my own strategy for making WoW and it's community enjoyable. I let the "common-wow-folk" trick me into their web of stunted social skills and ignorance.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

Just go with one other person, makes it so you can't get kicked.

As for the problem you can just politely say, "Thanks for the heals healer, but it's really not necessary, I don't want to waste your mana."

Then if you get healed again, simply restate. "I'm serious healer, don't worry about it. I appreciate it, but I don't want to hold the group up by using your mana up faster."

Pro Tip : Put a lower ranked life tap on your bars and spam it between every pull, fel armour will cancel out the hp loss while still providing mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    The best thing to do is learn to /lol at these people.
    I couldn't agree more. laughing helps out in many situations

The level was harassment in Diablo 2 far surpassed WoW's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewswami
    I commonly hear, "My warlock is 5500 GS and I never have to life-tap, L2P nub".
    You've never heard that.

...Right? Like, nobody could possibly say something so stu...Nevermind. It's just like you said, a large portion of the subscriber-base for this game is incredibly stupid.

I have a 49 holy priest, and I agree with the OP 100%. You're saving us all time by Life Tapping... if you can get 2k mana back using LT a couple times, I'm more than willing to drop a Renew for 200 mana. Good healers can finish randoms without ever drinking anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Although having to lifetap a lot for aoe pulls hurts, I usually just spam rank 1 lifetaps in between every pull, and only use max rank on long pauses. This usually makes my tappin appear inexistant and people dont whine at me for it.

I agree with OP fully tho, failers are failers tho
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Fuck them and keep life tapping.

They want to be childish let them, not your concern
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.