Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How good is bryntroll for tanking/dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Khano
    Only better weapon than bryntroll is shadow's edge so unless you personally know a chinese citizen called Ching Chong who is willing to give you 30k gold, then get your guild to down the abominations within 30 min of eachother and also give you the quest items, I strongly sugest you forget about shadow's edge.
    You are thinking of the weekly quest. However, the aboms are easy and can be downed both by warlock porting out to get your buffs, or killing them, and get your quest done.

Deleted

Only better weapon than bryntroll is shadow's edge so unless you personally know a chinese citizen called Ching Chong who is willing to give you 30k gold, then get your guild to down the abominations within 30 min of eachother and also give you the quest items, I strongly sugest you forget about shadow's edge.
    Cryptmaker is better than Bryntroll, and drops from the relatively easy Blood Princes.

Gems. That should be obvious. If you're tanking gem stamina, if you're dps / pvp-ing gem strenght. Yes, you should runeforge it everytime. Besides, the tank enchant Swordshattering is actually better for pvp than Rune of the Fallen Crusader because those pesky rogues won't disarm you so easily.
    Wow... just wow. Racism = not cool. Misinformation = not cool.

You only need to kill Festergut and Rotface, not within 30 minutes of one another. The quest items are a 100% drop. If you are capable of farming at all and your guild is capable of killing DBS, you should go for it.

The buff made Fester a joke for any guild that was remotely close to killing him prebuff and Rotface himself is quite easy if people know how to move during unstable explosions. With the improved versions of the ICC buff, I'd be very surprised if people in 232 gear wouldn't be able to get these 2 bosses down.

Anyways, after the "nerf" to the Bryntoll, it got significantly worse DPS wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarious
    I am very biased when it comes to expertise, but I would say that http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=5079...19.40119.40119 are both better choices. The heroic version, esp if you are able to get it. I use the heroic version, stam gemmed for BG PvP. It's always fun for Allies to see a DK running at them with 50k HP turn and run to only be DG and chained.
    I find a lot of tanks overvalue expertise. A lot. I definitely wouldn't call Ram's an upgrade from Bryntroll. Heroic version is, but that's because of stamina, not expertise.