Should I be worried?

I obtained 2 new pieces in ICC 10 today, the neck and cloak, and I have noticed my crit is sitting at 29%. Is there a way I can fix this, or will it fix itself as I get more ICC gear?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Blade&cn=Setak

Thanks all,

Setak

Re: Should I be worried?

At a glance, it appears that your crit is low because there isn't much crit on your gear. There is such thing as itemization. Just because a piece of gear has a hight iLvl doesn't necessarily mean that it is better than what you have stat wise.

Deleted

just skimming your gear, i spot like 2-3 pieces of gear with crit... if your former items had crit, i suggest you switch back... and if you're really desperate, gem for crit, i know it's generally unwanted, but in your case, i'd say it's viable.

Icc 10 gear will increase your crit ofcourse, I also noticed you got alot of hit seems like a bit of overkill to me, you can easily drop 200 hit I think.
    I wouldn't go and gem for crit, but some more gear with crit instead of hit would be nice.

The problem is, the gear I had before had no crit either. What is the best way to go about getting my crit up?

Go buy the mirror of truth from heroism badges to replace your hit trinket since you're miles above the cap anyway. You could also try for the Lady Deathwhisper 10 man trinket as well. Whispering Fanged Skull I believe.

if you need crit that badly there is always the trinket from FoS since it seems that you are more combat spec plus it would help with your ArP as well noticed you are about 50%

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

You don't "need" a particular amount of crit. You only "need" to not be over the crit cap. Check out what gear you have, see how it performs in the spreadsheet, and go with what shows as the highest dps of them all. There's no magic numbers for any stats that aren't hit or expertise. There's only what comes with your gear and what gems perform the best.

As mentioned before try to get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40684 or (if your not trying already) http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198
    but then my knowledge of rogues is rather limited so please don´t hit me if the scorpion is crap.

Off Topic: Why is it almost every meele I see is running around the with Hit-Trinket for emblems?, heck even some of the blue ones in heroics are probably way better.

Replace your hit trinket with:

A) Whispering Fanged Skull

B) Deathbringer's will (won't fix ur crit, but it's a nice trinket)

C) Needle encrusted scorpion

You just got a lack of crit on gear atm is all, get some weps with crit on them and swap out ur cloak for the frost badge one or the one from beasts 25 man.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Personally I'd get the trinket before thinking about regemming or anything like that. Mirror of Truth is very awesome to only be a ilvl200. You may have a coaster sitting around from brewfest too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Matt
    You could also try for the Lady Deathwhisper 10 man trinket as well. Whispering Fanged Skull I believe.
    I fail to beleive that damn trinket exists! You can see http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...song&name=gidy I have downed the bitch 9 times and havn't even seen the trinket drop yet. Same goes with Saurfang and the ring.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

The hit trinket is most likely better than the mirror.

Just because you're "low" on crit doesn't mean that an ilvl 200 is suddenly going to outperform an ilvl 245.

@xAnimAx: The hit trinkets are pretty good, and some rogues are just unlucky with drops. It takes like >700 hit rating to white-cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut
    Replace your hit trinket with:

A) Whispering Fanged Skull

B) Deathbringer's will (won't fix ur crit, but it's a nice trinket)

C) Needle encrusted scorpion

You just got a lack of crit on gear atm is all, get some weps with crit on them and swap out ur cloak for the frost badge one or the one from beasts 25 man.

The Needle encrusted scorpion is utter shit. The ICD is super bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ModZs

The Needle encrusted scorpion is utter shit. The ICD is super bad.
    actually the ICD isn't what hurts the trinket, but rather that it procs off crits ONLY, and only has a 10% procrate (compare to grim toll at 10% and mj runestone at 15%, both proccing off hits + crits)

it has the same 45 second icd as the other 2, only it tends to activate a considerable amount of time slower than the other 2 if you don't crit often, severely reducing it's uptime.

That said however, it's really not "utter shit", it's a viable trinket when you're softcapping arpen and would probably be a sizeable dps upgrade in this situation. Especially considering the spare hit swapped for extra crit is a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    @xAnimAx: The hit trinkets are pretty good, and some rogues are just unlucky with drops. It takes like >700 hit rating to white-cap hit.
    Most people get it for GS, cause that's the only way your getting into ICC these days.

Hit is a great stat, crit is an overall poor stat. All this hand waving does no one any good besides make uneducated rogues pick up bad trinkets.

If for some reason something feels weird, the ONLY way to know for sure is to spreadsheet it unless you're way off the mark.

Example, I think you're supposed to gem agi, but I'm not sure -- you'll have to spread sheet to know for sure.

Tossing in terrible trinkets with crit is a terrible idea.