Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rusted/Ironbound Proto-Drakes

I've heard rumours of this being removed in 3.3.3, I haven't read this anywhere and I normally don't miss anything on mmo-champ. Is this true or at least rumoured?

Re: Rusted/Ironbound Proto-Drakes

I don't know.....they've been saying that for a while now and hopefully they forget and we keep trying for those Proto -Drakes until catalysm. So I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    I was drunk off my head once, and decided, (as you do), to challenge God to a fight.
    At that moment, it started raining heavily.

I learnt my lesson.
    What is a monster? Someone frightening the mob? Someone playing god? Or someone too scared to understand?

Somewhere a long time ago they said that they would give us a month's notice before removal, and unless they made a blue post in some random topic where nobody saw it, no announcement has been made.

If I remember correctly they said they would give us a month's or two weeks notice. Been awhile though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

I hope not...all I need is One Light in the Darkness for my Rusted...just can't find a group...

I hope they keep them till Cata. FF/One light are still a decent enough challenge to where its not 100% welfare. =\
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

They haven't notified us with the "1 month warning" so there will be no change in Patch 3.3.3.

Seriously, we are two tiers of content past the Rusted/Ironbound Proto-Drakes. They should of been removed with ToC/ToGC, but since that instance didn't offer a "Glory of the Raider" type set of achievements or a mount and was basically a time filler, I can understand why it wasn't removed there. But we are in Icecrown Citadel now, which does have it's own set of "Glory of the Raider" style achievements and does offer 2 more 310 Mounts. They should of been removed from the game when Icecrown Citadel came out.

If you can't get your main or an alt at least a Rusted Proto Drake now, why the hell do you even deserve one then? I mean seriously Ulduar is a joke at this point cause of how gear scales. Out of boredom last night a few people from my guild on their mains, a few on alts, and a few random people went and got Rusted Protos in a little under 3 hours. As well as before my 10 man team got burnt out on doing it, we would sell a Rusted Proto every week for 30k and do all achievements for the buyer in under 2 hours.

IT'S NOT FREAKIN HARD TO ACCOMPLISH!!!! It is an absolute joke to get done now of days. The bosses pretty much fall over. Thus it should have been removed.

And no, I'm not trying to be some prick here, but Blizzard did say the Protos were meant to be rewards "kinda" like the Glad mounts were for the Top Arena players. Not something everyone should have. If it's the fact you want a 310 mount, go earn your Violet Proto and call it a day, since that one is meant for EVERYONE.

I think they regret removing the Naxx/OS/Maly ones, since now nobody ever does those raids. Hence, they'll keep them for a little while longer.

15+ Year Old Account

Before this turns into a debate about when they should have been removed (which, by the way, has been discussed way too many times on here), it's necessary to say 2 things:

1. There'd be a blue post saying they will be removed ~1 month prior.
    2. It'd be on the front page of MMO-C if anything was known.

None of those terms were met, it'd be a safe bet to say they're sticking around. Of course, they could always pull a fast one and remove them, but I doubt that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

They should have removed the Ironbound/Rusted proto's as quickly as they removed the Black/Plagued ones. I own a Plagued and proud of it. To be blunt, if you didn't earn either the black or plagued, you weren't good enough. You can't say that for Ironbound/Rusted. You've been given a couple of extra months to get it, and it's reached a point where people just straight up buy it. It should have been removed from being a reward when ICC was released, imo.

But at this rate, it will remain in game until the patch comes around where ICC is nerf'd (probably by removing Chill of the Throne) to "prep" for Cata. At least that's what they did for WotLK and Sunwell. And that might also be the time they remove Red Proto (Glory of the Hero), and the Black and Twilight (3D 10 and 25), while keeping drakes that have a rare chance at dropping (Azure from Maly, Blue from Oculus).

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    Seriously, we are two tiers of content past the Rusted/Ironbound Proto-Drakes. They should of been removed with ToC/ToGC, but since that instance didn't offer a "Glory of the Raider" type set of achievements or a mount and was basically a time filler, I can understand why it wasn't removed there. But we are in Icecrown Citadel now, which does have it's own set of "Glory of the Raider" style achievements and does offer 2 more 310 Mounts. They should of been removed from the game when Icecrown Citadel came out.

If you can't get your main or an alt at least a Rusted Proto Drake now, why the hell do you even deserve one then? I mean seriously Ulduar is a joke at this point cause of how gear scales. Out of boredom last night a few people from my guild on their mains, a few on alts, and a few random people went and got Rusted Protos in a little under 3 hours. As well as before my 10 man team got burnt out on doing it, we would sell a Rusted Proto every week for 30k and do all achievements for the buyer in under 2 hours.

IT'S NOT FREAKIN HARD TO ACCOMPLISH!!!! It is an absolute joke to get done now of days. The bosses pretty much fall over. Thus it should have been removed.

And no, I'm not trying to be some prick here, but Blizzard did say the Protos were meant to be rewards "kinda" like the Glad mounts were for the Top Arena players. Not something everyone should have. If it's the fact you want a 310 mount, go earn your Violet Proto and call it a day, since that one is meant for EVERYONE.
    ToGC does offer a mount. Granted it's not a flying mount, but much harder to obtain than Ironbounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachy
    ToGC does offer a mount. Granted it's not a flying mount, but much harder to obtain than Ironbounds.
    Insanity is harder then 25 yogg+1? ....What? (Remeber, the mount drops off 10 man insanity too...)

WTB Disarmed 25 man.... i got my rusted nearly 8 months ago then missed disarmed and we just never did it again... so here i am with a blank spot probably the easiest achievement on there keeping me from mai mount...

-_- Keep it in until i find a way to get it imo

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Insanity is harder then 25 yogg+1? ....What? (Remeber, the mount drops off 10 man insanity too...)
    There's the other ground mount for Tribute to Immortality which is most certainly harder (and more prone to RNG bullcrap occurring) than Yogg 1 or even Yogg 0 in 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Too? 25 man insanity doesn't give a mount, only 10 man. The 25 man mount requires immortality, but at least the entire raid gets that one.

I love the fact how people who already own their rusted/ironbound proto complain. I haven't seen people who don't own yet/won't have one at all complaining. Why is that, do you really want to be soo pro and have such a big epeen and show off? Sure, go ahead, get your glad mounts which indeed are challening. Yes I do own one already, but thats not the point, I'm really happy with Blizz letting others have their bit of luxury in game. Why would you bother with other players, got yours, be happy, let others be happy aswell. Its you, complaining about everything people, who ruin the game. Its a fact.

the hard part is simply trying to find a group capable of doing it, that still wants to do it at all. that in itself is a hard mode boss lol.
    i have yet to even Kill Yogg for that reason. or i just have horrible luck, but no one in my guild have any desire to go back with ICC out, and dungeon finder. those that do want to for gear, and so arent geared enough to go very far. and pugs are the same issue

NO one wants to do Ulduar anymore.

Well you're sayin' if you don't have it you don't deserve it. I'm not OK with it in my particular case. I'm 1-light away from the 25 drake (already have 10 drake on main and alt), I succesfully cleared multiple times 10 and 25 man hardmodes of Ulduar. Every "hard" encounter was done twice for all the guild to have it (XT and stuff were done a thousand times), except 1 light which has only be done once. The problem is nobody wants to get back in there anymore.

So, point is, I'm not going to get my drake, until the removal announcement ships, but if it had been removed in 3.3, would have done it the 1-2 weeks before. So anyway, just a question of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

While i agree they should of been taken out of the game once ToC came out, i for one am glad they didn't. I didn't start playing until well after ToC was in full swing and I've been slowly going back and picking up the achievements. I'm down to FF and one light.

With that being said, It will be more gratifying to get Glory of the Icecrown Raider. (or when Ulduar was in its prime)