Thread: DoTs and CoE

DoTs and CoE

If I cast (for example) Corruption on a target, then CoE, will my Corruption benefit from both the res reduction AND magic damage? Or only the extra magic damage taken?

Re: DoTs and CoE

CoE updates on corruption rolling as far as I would imagine it to be the same for the resistances

Can anyone confirm this? So if I CoE after Corruption, my 'refreshed' corruption benefits from both the 13% and 165 res reduction now?

15+ Year Old Account

Hard to duel a friend or?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

As far as I know, DoTs update with debuffs on the target (i.e. 2/3 stacks of shadow embrace), but not buffs you gain. So yeah, CoE should affect your DoTs even if you apply it after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312
    As far as I know, DoTs update with debuffs on the target (i.e. 2/3 stacks of shadow embrace), but not buffs you gain. So yeah, CoE should affect your DoTs even if you apply it after.
    While testing on dummies, I found this not to be true with Improved Shadowbolt. Or, RNG. Who knows?

DoTs will update with debuffs on the target, but not with buffs on you. However, Corruption is a special case because it should update spell power and haste every time you hit with a Haunt/Shadow Bolt/Drain Soul and it renews its duration. It will *not* update critical strike rating, so you can still roll crits if you want.