Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Nibelung viable for fire?

Agree with the above 2 posts - i've also got maghari staff, abracadavrer, frost spike + scourgelords baton and niebelung. Tried it with a new frost offspec for trash in ICC 10 last night:

For bosses than need high / single target damage (eg rotface / saurfang) stuck to arcane with maghari staff for extra haste.

For trash, i used frost spec and niebelung. Was putting out (up to) 35K dps and had up to 6 valkyr out. Was good fun and amused my raid, but trash is trash, so is merely a gimmic.

Didnt get time to respec before green dragon (i'll try again next week) so dont know how that would go.

To answer OPs original question - Fire>Arcane for niebelung, but frost >> Fire. Unless its a big add based fight (Lady D, Lootship, Dreamweaver) i'd stick to maghari or equivalent for max haste.

Its a pity i've spent all my EPGP on what is really a gimmick staff, but actually i think this will be amazing for levelling in Cata.... just dont tell anyone so they dont nurf it!

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

15+ Year Old Account

slightly confused here...is this the 190280978172936172641876th nibelung thread to get past 1 page?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gobber
    Does anyone know if Nibelung has a chance of proccing from each target hit by a LB explosion?

If so it might make it a good choice on LK p1 (with all the ghouls around the boss), and any other fights with the possibility of LB exploding to hit multiple targets
    it does indeed, i had one proc from a nearby dummy to the one i put it on. you can test this by seeing which dummy they attack.