Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Has anything strange happened to you because of your toon's nickname?

Its not weird like many of your stories, but I sometimes receive \w from people asking me if Im greek
    Which is a legitime question, but its not the case. Ans yes, im somewhat happy if that happens, it means that somebody actually knows the context.

My name (ingame and IRL) is Kilkenny ... it's Irish.

OH MY GOD YOU KILLED KENNY!!

YOU B____D!!! LOOLOLOL I R SO ORIGINAL I BET U HAS NEVER HEARD THAT SAID TO YOU BEFORE AMIRITE?

Go die in fire with aids and other stds.
    STFU and kill shit.

10+ Year Old Account

Wel, back when there weren't any russian servers yet (anyone from my old battlegroup alliance side remember MC premades?) I often got spoken to in cyrilic. And occasionaly people will recognize it and mention it. That's all actually.

Oh... I did make a female dwarf rogue which I named Dwilf. I dont play her much so I haven't gotten any trouble.
    For the Emperor.

I've got an undead warlock I wanted to give an Egyptian-sounding name, so I named him Hameniphis (ROFL the only other armory listing present being the VERY first character I ever rolled, an undead mage I haven't played in years; he had the name first, re-rolled the lock much later). It's a reference to a line from The Mummy (and consequently, The Mummy Returns). Every so often someone catches the reference, and says Mummy is awesome.

My first toon's name was Grim.
    All toons following were something like Grim_____.
    My original name for my Orc Hunter was Grimrok.
    It sounded like a cool, orc-like name.
    Then by the early 40s, I ran through Uldaman.
    Met a mini-boss named Grimnok.
    I'm pretty sure tehre was an NPC somewhere named Grimlok as well.
    A few people told me I stole the name, that I was unoriginal, but nothing serious.

When I server transferred a couple years ago, Grim and grimrok were taken.
    I was sad, so I changed my name to Grimkiller in hopes that the ones who took my name were Alli that I could kill.

When I made my DK, all the cominations of Grim were taken, so I named him Facehater.
    When I do randoms, I occasionally get the remark "I hate your face, too" and the like.

Thought about a cool name for quite awhile and decided once wow was released id name my mage Naxxarmuz...

then patch 1.11 comes along >_>

biym

My rogue were at start called Ölkorven (swedish word for beersausage) and people said to me "You taste good."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

my friend named his character Thegangbang but was forced to change it to Thegang
    Insert Signiture here.

I decided once to create a priest sometime during BC to see what it's like and I never though I'd level it up to 70 and later 80.
    I named my belf male priest Trakand, I never really bothered to figure out a better name for a character I never thought of really leveling up.
    One night in Orgrimmar (during WotLK) someone commented my name, recognizing it... Trakand is a last name from a fantasy serie called Wheel of Time..
    I ended up in a 2-hour conversation with the person commenting my name.