ret pally unholly dk r good for pvp?

my friend and i start a 2`s team but i dunno if ret pally have a nice burst to kill a healer fast, im full in pvp gear becasue my main spec is prot, we hit 1700 last night but i dunno if i go prot will be easier chek my gear and i like any comments about this team...
    ret pally and unholly dk
    this is my spec
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Radamanthys

Re: ret pally unholly dk r good for pvp?

Hey Rad, fellow Burning Legion inhabitant here!

While Ret/unholy isnt as op as it was in S5, i still see very successful comps, while never running it myself (I'm a mage :P), ive still been beaten by good players behind ret/unholy.

Stay ret or go protribution imo.

Unholy doesn't have the best burst potential, neither classes bring MS.

It's not the worst, but Ret/rogue is the only comp for the former in 2v2 that can go anywhere.

What they said, Ret/Rogue would get farther and neither bring MS.

Ret works better than Prot would in my opinion.
    Make SURE you chain CC on healers because without an MS i doubt you'd make any competent healer panic
    Line up both of your burst cooldowns during the CC chains and be as pre-emptive about avoiding CC as you can

I played it back in S6 to 1800 in blues and a few epics on both names and it all came down to CC chains or no wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ramthedark
    my friend and i start a 2`s team but i dunno if ret pally have a nice burst to kill a healer fast, im full in pvp gear becasue my main spec is prot, we hit 1700 last night but i dunno if i go prot will be easier chek my gear and i like any comments about this team...
    ret pally and unholly dk
    this is my spec
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Radamanthys
    Yes it works since both can survive much:

Dk - Ghoul sacrifice, AMZ, AMS, Bone Shield, Ice Bound fortitude etc.

Paladin - Sacred Shield, Instant Heals, Bubble.

And both offer each other stuff, dk gives slows, interupts, control to paladin while paladin gives insane burst to dk.

FYI, this is a healer killer comp, priests just cc chain and they will die, they really dont stand a chance, but tbh I play this comp and until the minor patch, it wont be viable to 2k.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin