Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tanks who Insist to Lead their Heroic Groups

God I hate people like you on my tank. Yes I appreciate tricks of the trade, but I still want to pull. You know why? Because maybe I have a drink in my hand, or the phone rang, or the doorbell rang, or my dog was scratching on the dog asking to be let out, or any of the countless other things that pop up in real life that require my attention for 30 seconds to a minute. Your god damn ADD is pissing me off in real life. It has nothing to do with tanking or having trouble picking up mobs. It's the fact that you are pulling when I'm not ready for any number of reasons, and it makes life more difficult then it needs to be.

Let the tank pull. It's not your job to set the pace of the dungeon as DPS, although you can certainly influence how fast things die.

Quote Originally Posted by endercpl
    THIS x1000000000000.
    I was tanking earlier today with a 6k gs hunter vs my 4400 gs tank, and he pretty much did all the threatin with md. Good tanks dont give a fuck, makes the job easier.
    We do care if a) we aren't ready for whatever reason or b) you didn't silence those casters

Wait until the pull please
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH
    They are "Tanks". They have a reason to be called like that.
    Exactly.
    They are not called "pullers" or "this guy decides how fast we go". if anything, DPS should be the ones who decide the pace of the run as higher dps means stuff dies faster.

On my rogue I'll tricks on cooldown, if he tank stands around waiting too long Ill tricks to him. I have never seen a tank lose aggro when I do this, so I don't see why some tanks get so upset about Rogues/Hunters helping them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    Yes tanks are good at leading groups through 5 man dungeons. They are also suited for pulling.

However some abilities such as Tricks of the Trade and Misdirection were created for a reason. And I often find tanks will flip out just for pulling mobs to them with one of said abilities.

If you are going to spend the time typing "let me pull, I am the tank!" maybe you can just pull the mobs before the rogue or hunter get a chance to pull them.

If the healer is not complaining about the pulls, hurry up and pull.

SKILLED TANKS ENJOY THE MISDIRECTS AND TRICKS. I find it humorous how many people say "I find this annoying when I tank" These are usually the tanks that click their skills.

Anyone else experience similar issues while playing hunter or rogue?
    If you pull FOR me with tricks or MD, that means you're either impatient, lazy, or both. I see no reason to support such behavior. If you don't like the speed I"m pulling at, drop group or go roll a tank. I have macros set up to cancel both tricks and MD in the event that a rogue/hunter continues to pull for me.

If you use either ability after I've pulled, I have no issues whatsoever, and I do this all the time on my rogue. Just never before the tank pulls.

Eh. As a healer for the most part, I'll stick up for the tanks in these situations and tell the dps to knock it off. However, if the tank then proceeds to take fucking days to pull packs, I'll encourage the dps to do so. It's not exactly hard to heal even clothies through heroics as tanks anymore.

This is a two-way street. If the tank is already pulling sufficient enough packs, then dps need to back off. But if the tanks are to blame for making the heroic longer than necessary by just standing there? Yeah, screw the tanks and dps can pull away.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

It would appear from this thread that the general opinions are:

DPS "pullers": LOL good tanks LOVE IT when we MD pull to them

Tanks: No, not really, its kind of annoying actually

Being a very overgeared Fdruid that hates slow instances Im the kinda tanks that pulls and keeps pulling with the goal of never getting out of combat, throwing the odd Innervate to the healer if he's gear isn't up to the chain pulling, I'd have to say I'd love a rogue/hunter that bothers to ToT/MD me, as long as said rogue/hunter isn't pulling packs that can easily be skipped.

And as far as the random pulling from whatever class goes... well everyone gets 1 save, if they insist on pulling again well... "Cat Form - Prowl" they die.

As far as random HCs goes I think the most annoying thing is the warlocks/hunters and in rare cases frost mages that can't control their pets and all of a sudden you have 20+ mobs comming for you.

You ask me why you died and I didn't taunt/Dgrip/DeathNDecay? Cause i thought you wanted to tank.

Seems to me like most tanks here are big sissies in their heroics... and when I dps heroics as my offspec I really can't stand having that kind of tank (feral tank ms, feral dps os). Heroics have been boring since like Ulduar came out, having people pull random stuff is one of the only ways to keep myself entertained.

Edit: What's that, warrior popping bladestorm when running into a new pack of mobs? Those are my mobs, I'll out threat you in 2 seconds. Bring it on.
    Only users lose drugs.

When I tank on my War or Pally, I just let those people die, if the healer wants to keep them up that's there business.

I dont like it. I dont know why, but i really hate it when it happens. Why do every dps refuses to let the tanks pull?

Oh and by the way,

All i have seen lately is ''Tanks who xxx yyy xxx yyy'' threads. Maybe you are doing something wrong >.>

Quote Originally Posted by jr06
    Seems to me like most tanks here are big sissies in their heroics... and when I dps heroics as my offspec I really can't stand having that kind of tank (feral tank ms, feral dps os). Heroics have been boring since like Ulduar came out, having people pull random stuff is one of the only ways to keep myself entertained.
    It's fine if the tank can handle it, but I don't find Wiping any fun.

As a DK tank nothing is worse than having all runes on cd and having a rogue or hunter pull a pack. Let the tanks pull...if they are going to slow then leave the group and find a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    SKILLED TANKS ENJOY THE MISDIRECTS AND TRICKS.
    Skilled tanks couldn't care less if you use tricks or not. They don't need it. If you really feel the need to use tricks in a heroic, wait until you're nearing the "pull aggro" threshold and then pop it.

Although when I'm tanking, I've never had anybody pull for me. You fail as a tank if the dps feel you're going to slow and need to resort to this. Heroics aren't hard and they don't take long. Don't make them take long, and the dps will love you...whether they say so or not.

One thing to note though. If I'm lighting up a cigarette/taking a drink/talking in guild/etc and you pull for me, I'm not going to stop what I'm doing until I'm done, unless I see the mobs on the healer. The healer and I can finish any pull in any heroic (aside from HoR) by ourselves, so I'll make sure he doesn't die. The rest of you are pretty disposable.

Also my DK tank doesnt like it at all, since Dk's have their runes... If most runes on cd, no chance in getting aggro fast...

I have a warlock and a dk. On my DK (tank) when I am tanking, if someone pulls aggro before me I do one of 2 things. If my healer is good, i proceed to pull more mobs pretending I never noticed until he says "dude...i have aggro". Which i then proceed to tell him not to pull, and he doesnt any more. Its either that or he says "stupid DK choose a real class" and leaves. If the healer is bad I just pull it off him and give him a warning...if he does it again...he dies.
    "I remember you, in the mountains!"

...Umm...no you don't...I never did the Kirin Tor questline...you must be mistaking me for someone else.

"Well this is awkward"

Ghostcrawler promised me a pony, so he gave me the Celestial Steed!
    ...oh...$20?
    On second thought....take it back

Quote Originally Posted by Sephyxia
    It's fine if the tank can handle it, but I don't find Wiping any fun.
    Considering just about every tank I see now is all 245+, there's not really any way to not be able to handle it unless you're just bad (or maybe a DK cause of their rune management crap)... Even most melee dps classes can tank just about everything in heroics now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Skilled tanks couldn't care less if you use tricks or not. They don't need it. If you really feel the need to use tricks in a heroic, wait until you're nearing the "pull aggro" threshold and then pop it.

Although when I'm tanking, I've never had anybody pull for me. You fail as a tank if the dps feel you're going to slow and need to resort to this. Heroics aren't hard and they don't take long. Don't make them take long, and the dps will love you...whether they say so or not.

One thing to note though. If I'm lighting up a cigarette/taking a drink/talking in guild/etc and you pull for me, I'm not going to stop what I'm doing until I'm done, unless I see the mobs on the healer. The healer and I can finish any pull in any heroic (aside from HoR) by ourselves, so I'll make sure he doesn't die.
    ^^
    Only users lose drugs.

there is NO reason for a tank not being ready.

except his mom died 2 seconds ago, but in that case he would not care if the huntard pulled or not.

besides, who needs a tank for heroics? I play a tank myself but 90% of the time i do it in off gear and frost presence/righteous fury up.

get that stick out of your arses, seriously guys.

and runes got a 10 sec CD, you can't tell me that your pulls are <10 secs (and if they are, you got RP left/taunt/ERW/DG)

if you think a tank is going to slow do what i do, hey ima pop righteous fury(defensive stance, bear form or frost presence) and use sacred shield(shield wall, survival instincts or the dk thing) and tank this.... ironically it only works when your a class that can tank..... hmmmmmm
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

If someone has to tell you to pull, you are a bad tank.