Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ret Paladins and Shields

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    A mediocre ret paladin will do the same dps as an amazing ret paladin. The difference will be that the amazing ret paladin will have all of his Hand spells on cooldown at the end of a fight, while the mediocre one will have tunnelvision dps'd.

The only timing we have to do is to wait for our trinkets to proc to press wings (in pve), but any ret paladin worth his salt will take advantage of the residual utility left over from when we were designed to be healbots.
    This is, however, not true. Ive met people in the same gear that tunnelvision and barely do any DPS.

every good ret will swap to a 1h & shield in arenas if he/she is getting nuked ,those that dont just fail and clearly never played ret in bc

Quote Originally Posted by warrtankd
    every good ret will swap to a 1h & shield in arenas if he/she is getting nuked ,those that dont just fail and clearly never played ret in bc
    That barrelroll guy was the only real ret paladin in TBC. Everyone else was just crusader strike specced.

Funny to see that people need to mock something to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    i still cant quite grasp if it is:
    1- the butthurt from 3.0,
    2- the butthurt from 3.1,
    3- the aftermath butthurt from pre-wotlk
    4- plain nubicity of plebei around here,
    5- self-hate for your broken hands stripping you from ability to play aghainst paladins in form of mocking paladins as some kind of mental relief.
    And for my server 6- the reckbomb butthurt. good times....

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Okay, go ahead. List classes that use 20 buttons. I know I don't on any of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus
    6 buttons vs 3

Guess that makes DK twice as hard as ret?

Dks are middle of the road in terms of difficulty, ret is rock fucking bottom.
    Played both and I must say dk is easier in pve than ret. Basically the dk has a flowing and logic rotation: put diseases up, spam your hard hitter, use blood strike to make death runes so you can apam your hard hitter some more. But ret...you got 4 buttons that need to be pressed fast and in a certain order to achiev best dps. I find that annoying, tbh.
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

A mediocre ret paladin will do the same dps as an amazing ret paladin.
    This could be said about most dps specs in this game. Very few of them have damage that relies on more than just casting spells in a set sequence. Hell, a lot of them can be macroed down to spamming 1 button. Removes human error, though it's less versatile.

Ret can't be macroed to one button effectively. Hunters and Shadow Priests can. Yet Ret takes the fall for being too easy. I don't know where this biased hatred for paladins began. I know a lot of people where butthurt over us becoming more than a free HK back in like patch 2.0. But I think it began before that. "Get to the back of the raid and spam 5 minute buffs repeatedly and cleanse when you're not doing that". Now that we're worth more than that, I think people still want us to be that and will bitch until we're lowered back to the status of raid bitch.

RANDOM INSULT. YOU CLASS NOT HARD. ME SKEELED AND YOU NOT.

THIS IS FUN

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus
    6 buttons vs 3

Guess that makes DK twice as hard as ret?

Dks are middle of the road in terms of difficulty, ret is rock fucking bottom.
    don't be silly. ret uses many more buttons than three (crusader strike, divine storm, exorcism, consecration, judgement, holy wrath, hammer of wrath) and the "rock fucking bottom" easiest dps classes are the pures (hunter, warlock, mage, rogue). i'd say the easiest is arcane mage. that's just mindnumbingly easy. second most easy is mutilate rogue. almost insultingly easy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

A mediocre ret paladin will do the same dps as an amazing ret paladin. The difference will be that the amazing ret paladin will have all of his Hand spells on cooldown at the end of a fight, while the mediocre one will have tunnelvision dps'd.
    i'm really not sure where you get this idea?

proper prioritization of cooldowns and abilities WILL result in higher dps. you could argue that a mediocre ret paladin will have less difference with an amazing ret paladin as compared to a mediocre feral druid and an amazing feral druid, but there is most definitely a difference.

ret pallies are far from the easiest dps spec. i'm kind of confused, tbh. are the people saying ret is the easiest just ignorant or what? i've played a ton of dps specs in this game and ret isn't the easiest by any means. i actually think ret is kind of annoyingly complex, requiring greater attention and causing more tunnelvision than other dps classes that only require using a couple buttons as opposed to 10 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    second most easy is mutilate rogue. almost insultingly easy.
    Only insultingly easy because it went from the 2nd hardest in game to the easiest.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    Only insultingly easy because it went from the 2nd hardest in game to the easiest.
    i wouldn't say second hardest. keeping up rupture isn't hard. just annoying. i wouldn't say mut rogues have ever been as intense as being an arms warrior, for instance.

.... arms warriors aren't hard you just need to hit that groove of rend ms slam overpower slam ms slam overpower slam. etc. and just hit yourexecute whenever it procs and replace slam with execute in the rotation during that phase.

There are far better things for a ret pally to use in case of emergency. Since you pretty much run on instant spells, anything you need can pretty much be accomplished in 2 gcds. SS + FoL is a ret pally's basic damage reducing save. after that you can always pop bubble or the 50% damage taken buff. LoH and stun+Holy light for backup. Swapping to a tanking weapon and shield is probably only gonna hurt you as you lose your damage with little gain in armor. Believe me when i say this, ret paladins are highly dependent on their weapons for damage. Sure you can faceroll with any green 2-h for decent damage. But you will never compare to another class in damage if you don't have a nice epic 2-h.

Heres an example. When i hit 80 recently with my ret pally, the weapon i had was the blue axe from Gun i believe. On trash i could pull some 3.5k dps when i was lucky. On single target boss, i think i would get up to about 1.7k dps.
    Having gotten all my t9 and a so so 2-h, one from hToC5, i could pull a whopping 3.1k dps on a single target boss if i was lucky. After getting the beheader from hPoS i can now pull a decent 5.4k dps on a single target boss. The upgrade wasn't huge but it still makes a big difference on ret pally's dps.

So, swapping to a 1-h and shield drops a ret pally's dps in more then half usually.

My ret pally friend played ret/resto druid back in S6, he had a tank wep/shield that he would switch to when goin defensive, and also a healin mace/shield if he had to throw a heal on himself. They played 2400s

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by elitistjerk
    And DI,
    Ye, 'cause you use DI in combat. Oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle