Idea for a Multi-shot BM talent

Just somethin' off the top of my head. I was thinking it'd be cool if they added a talent deep in the BM tree that gave your multi-shot a secondary effect that applied the sting on your current target to all targets hit with multi-shot, similar to the way pestilence works for DK's. Haven't thought it through any farther than that, so feel free to tell me any and all reasons why it'd be a bad idea. I certainly won't take offense =]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

Re: Idea for a Multi-shot BM talent

it's not an AWFUL idea at all... but I feel that Hunter aoe wise is very good and pretty bursty. Yes of course it's a good Idea but it would just makes hunters alittle 'too' good. It's not like we need help, we are one of the best dps classes.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

am sorry am dps whore so ye giief mooore :P

It's not a bad idea in itself but it's just not what we need...
    Seeing as you put this talent in deep BM you obviously want to balance BM's dps a little more but AOE damage isn't really where the problem lies.

BM doesn't need a talent that changes a current shot, they need a whole new shot to replace one of their steadies with, like MM and SV get. A DoT that does average damage but increases pet damage while active would work wonders, and wouldn't even change PvP due to being dispellable.

deep bm talent to make multi shot always fire 3 arrows and they can all hit one target. of course the damage on the second and third arrow would be reduced to not OP levels.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by weshallarise
    deep bm talent to make multi shot always fire 3 arrows and they can all hit one target. of course the damage on the second and third arrow would be reduced to not OP levels.
    Wouldn't that be better in the Marksman tree?

considering multi-shot is a marksman ability,

and firing 3 arrows at one target has nothing to do with being a beast master.

The first idea does influence the aspect of the BM tree, and hell. doesn't even seem OP. just rolling dots on multiple targets.
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood
    Wouldn't that be better in the Marksman tree?

considering multi-shot is a marksman ability,

and firing 3 arrows at one target has nothing to do with being a beast master.

The first idea does influence the aspect of the BM tree, and hell. doesn't even seem OP. just rolling dots on multiple targets.
    im just thinking here but applying stings to multi target has no effect on single target dps nor would it fix bms problems right now. but as for multishot being an MM talent its baseline and MM replaces it with aimed shot as they are on the same cooldown.

While it would be nice for bm to have their own special shot like the other two trees, and as much as I think the exotic pet training is pretty lame as a 51 point talent I'm not sure that's the way the bm spec should work. I think if they're going to buff the bm tree they need to make it be more of a synergy between the pet and hunter. I think a talent that could be called pack hunting and having a string of crits by either you or your pet creating an opening and significantly increasing damage for a certain amount of time, but to make it interesting you and your pet have to trade the procs back and forth. So if the hunter gets the first opening they need to get a string of crits to trade it back to the pet. If not that then keeping the damage buff from beastial wrath and the beast within and having it be a fairly steady proc instead of a skill on a cd; granted you'd have to make the immunities given by those a separate skill to keep the pvp balance. As an aside I'd love a less powerful but aoe version of hunters mark to make those big aoe pulls a little faster...maybe call it poacher's mark.

Yepp. what you want is some talents that maybe

1. lowers the cooldown of Kill command

2. makes a portion of the kill command effect apply to the hunter as well.

--OR--

The 3 attacks after kill command is applying a stacking debuff (to 3) on the target for xx seconds, that increeses the hunters damage from special attacks to that target by yy%

This will boost the damage, but also make a little skill in when to use kill command and the best shots after a kill command serie.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleruin
    Yepp. what you want is some talents that maybe

1. lowers the cooldown of Kill command

2. makes a portion of the kill command effect apply to the hunter as well.

--OR--

The 3 attacks after kill command is applying a stacking debuff (to 3) on the target for xx seconds, that increeses the hunters damage from special attacks to that target by yy%

This will boost the damage, but also make a little skill in when to use kill command and the best shots after a kill command serie.
    the skill to use kill command is every damn cooldown in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by weshallarise
    the skill to use kill command is every damn cooldown in that case.
    how ?
    Since we are talking about option 3 here :

You would want to time Kill command so that like your strongest shot (kill shot) would be off cooldown when the debuff had 3 stacks.
    remember the debuff only lives for a short time (or next shot).

not supposed to be kept up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleruin
    how ?
    Since we are talking about option 3 here :

You would want to time Kill command so that like your strongest shot (kill shot) would be off cooldown when the debuff had 3 stacks.
    remember the debuff only lives for a short time (or next shot).

not supposed to be kept up all the time.
    stuff like that usually ends up being a dps increase if you use them on cooldown rather than saving them

for example. rapid fire on putricide are you going to save it for heroism at 35% or use it on cooldown